Reviews of Little Trevothan Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (West) > Helston > Little Trevothan Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Little Trevothan Caravan And Camping Park
Coverack
The Lizard
Helston
Cornwall (West)   (Browse area)
TR12 6SD

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/03/2022 to 31/10/2022

Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming <1 mile   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <5 miles   No Golf   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  68 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Carsluick 2 reviews from this member

This is a lovely, quiet relaxing site and a brilliant base for families who want to explore the Lizard.

The welcome is excellent and the owners really helpful.

Our only negative comment is that, in terms of the cost per night, it was poor value for money at the end of September compared to other sites in Cornwall - it is mainly the dated toilet/washroom facilities that let it down. We must stress though that they were always very clean and tidy.

Reviewer: Catb2014 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from our 1st stay at this site, we stayed for 10 days. What a lovely site it is too. The pitch we had was large accommodating our 8 man tent, awning, windbreak also Room for car & trailer easily.

The pitch is well drained & even after a night of heavy rain it dried quickly. The children enjoyed the play area, which is situated away from the main camping fields.

The shower & toilet blocks are in need of updating but were kept clean. The sink areas were also undercover & clean, washer & drier also available at reasonable charges.

The owners were very friendly & helpful. The Price was also very reasonable for middle of the school holidays.

The site is in easy reach of many local attractions/ beaches etc, kynance cove is beautiful but watch tide times.

Would definitely consider a return trip.

Reviewer: Manncampers 6 reviews from this member

We stayed for a short stay at the end of August in the children's field - which we had all to ourselves. The site was very nicely kept, and considering the rain that we'd had that summer, well drained. It was still muddy in the high-traffic footpath areas, but that was to be expected. The showers were simple, yet clean and hot. The campsite owners were helpful and friendly.

There was a small children's area mostly appropriate for younger children, although the purpose of the children's field was that you could park away from the tent and then let children roam as they pleased. This was very appealing, but then as there weren't any other campers at the end of the rainy summer it made it a bit lonely. In all I would highly recommend the site as the area is beautiful and the site is calm and lovely for a family that doesn't want the hustle bustle of a site with lots of add-ons that you don't use. Coverack was a great beach for children as you could stay just until the tide came in and then it was easy to show the children that it was time to go. There was easy access to kayak rental for the older children and the bay was safe enough to take them out without worrying about too many big waves. We couldn't have walked to the beach though - not with all of the paraphernalia that children require at the beach - so plan on parking - luckily the parking in coverack in the morning was inexpensive. You could walk with older children or adults only and there were some stunning coastal walks in the area as well.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Mackeralman 9 reviews from this member

Again we have just got back from two weeks of pure bliss.

We have had all our expectations met and thank you all at little Trev as we call it, for giving us another fantastic holiday.

I have said it all before re the site and can't add anything. I have never had a bad holiday here and if its peace in lovely surroundings you like, then this site provide's and is for you!

Reviewer: Bodfish 2 reviews from this member

We were delighted to find this site whilst scouting around the area. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Possibly one of the most peaceful campsites we have visited, and very sheltered due to the high hedges in the camping field. Big pitches and plenty of space for parking next to the tents.

Although the toilet block is a little dated the owners keep everything spotless and tidy, and there was no shortage of hot water.

Coverack is a lovely spot with a super beach, good shops and an excellent little restaurant (Harbour Lights). The Paris Hotel was a popular spot too. The road up from the village is not for the faint-hearted, but the inland routes are fine for bigger vehicles and caravans.

This site gives excellent value for money and we would highly recommend it to anybody wanting to camp in this unspoilt area of Cornwall.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Pete H 2 reviews from this member

What a lovely site and owners, Sean and Rachel so friendly and welcoming - Rachel even offered us and our dog a lift to the Lizard as she was going there!

Spacious level pitches and all kept very tidy.

Toilets and showers a little dated but just a fabulous family site - wish our kids weren't grown up and gone!

Coverack 20 minutes walk along lane with great pub and casual restaurant and beach.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Mackeralman 9 reviews from this member

We just returned after a very warm week in October! We found the static unit we hired reflected the price we paid and was good value for money. We had a number of fogged out days, but still enjoyed our stay.

The only thing I would say, is that this unit would benefit from a dvd player for a back end of year stay, but would not go amiss on a rainy summers day! That said we found our unit to be warm very clean and comfortable.

Thanks again for the second time this year, it was a great break! all at Little Trevothan made my familys stay enjoyable.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mckenzm 7 reviews from this member

Hello again, well I absolutely agree with mackerel man, I have just come home tonight from little trevothan and I'm missing it already. I originally booked 7 nights but ended up staying 9 nights instead. I don't think I have ever been anywhere in this country or abroad where I have ever been made to feel so welcome and comfortable, in my opinion the hosts are the most loveliest hosts you could ever find anywhere. Ive had the most memorable holiday here and will be going back again next year as soon as I can, they go above and beyond to make your stay and holiday as enjoyable as ever. A really big thank you to you all at little trevothan, you work extremely hard to deliver a first class service and are truly amazing and thanks for a wonderful campsite/holiday.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan

Hi again

Well my family overruled any of my thoughts towards a change! and I am glad they did. I came back for a third visit but this time due to a passing in our family, I had to alter all our arrangements at the last minute!

A problem? well no, as this owner really cares and helps nothing seems to throw them. The owner went the extra mile to make sure we had our holiday. The welcome we got when we arrived put a smile back on my face for the first time since I lost my Mother. Sean saw us onto our pitch, which turned out to be well appointed and beyond my expectations.

I can't add anything to what I have reviewed before, but will say we enjoyed ourselves so much we are going back in October to stay in one of their statics. Ann and Roger kindly showed us around one of their vacated units( We well impressed) All in all, I agree with the last three reviews and again noted a lot of the same people from last year coming back yet again.

I will dream on towards October for now.

Thanks to you all at little Trevothan from the East Family

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: JULIEAND WAYNE 5 reviews from this member

Usual stay, fourth consecutive summer. Great site/pitch/owners/area.

Great secluded/sheltered ehu pitch with no problems whatsoever, even from Hurricane Bertha.

Owners as friendly as ever, and lovely down to earth people. Despite being booked up themselves, they found somewhere nearby for my in laws to stay and rang back with details, which is typically thoughtful of the owners and their family.

Wonderful site and owners in a terrific part of the world.

Previous     68 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Little Trevothan Caravan And Camping Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Little Trevothan Caravan And Camping Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Little Trevothan Caravan And Camping Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Helston      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cornwall (West)

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 02/07 to 03/07
An amazing fun weekend for all the family, with camping and caravanning on site from Friday to Monday - Save 15 on tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022