Reviews of Tencreek Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Looe > Tencreek Holiday Park Reviews

Tencreek Holiday Park
Polperro Road
Looe
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL13 2JR

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   Tennis On Site
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring 1 mile
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  81 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Reviewer: Blueinternet 5 reviews from this member

Overall - Very Good and would visit again - no real gripes.

The Bad first (as I like to finish on a positive):

The pitches are hard - you need rock pegs (I was lucky enough to read this on here but worth repeating!) - I heard several other people pitching and swearing as their plastic pegs disintegrated.

Some tent pitches (not ours I have to say) are on quite a slope - so worth asking when booking for a flat pitch.

They are really missing an outdoor pool!

Only 2 x washing up areas per block (4 in total) meaning queues on occasion.

The Good:

The Clubhouse is good and typical of sites like this - usual food offering, pizza's, burgers and pub grub (and to be fair very generous portions). They also do breakfast's. However it often has very loud 'MTV' going on even at 9AM - making siting in there a little uncomfortable for anyone over 20.

WIFI - is only available at the clubhouse - not on the campsite - however it is free.

The indoor Pool is fine - heated and big enough to enjoy a swim / play around with the kid!

Shop - has basics at prices most camp shops charge - not cheap - not expensive - expected for the camp shop.

The Great:

The Yellow Coats are so enthusiastic and happy - make your stay in the clubhouse fun and will engage with kids!

Views are great - as the pitches are stepped and cleverly staggered so most get a view over Looe bay.

Facilities - Showers and toilets clean with hot water - push button showers.

Overall - a 8 / 10 for me :)

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: John1925 1 review from this member

Had a six day stay at this campsite as it was our motorcycle rally venue.

The directions used on the website were brilliant, as they did not go through Looe!

On arrival you have to go up a very narrow lane to get to the site. As we turned the corner a unit was coming out, and there's barely enough room for one!Hedge could do with a cut back or even planning application for a wider road!

Once safely in we were greeted by the friendly staff and introduced to Debbie who had been liaising with our Vice president about the rally. The rally was held in the massive field at the bottom of the statics, ideal.

We had a serviced pitch for our tourer at the top by the pool and clubhouse. The stones were quite vicious even with matting down so had to use crocs even in the awning. Noise was bearable from the clubhouse, but as it was so hot all the double glazed windows were open, as were our vans! so no grumbles here really

Facilities here cant be faulted, good clean heated shower/toilet area, nice pool, good clubhouse, and staff that are helpful, cheerful and willing to help you at a drop of a hat. We had food which was nice, although a tadge dear!.

We had two marquees on the rally field and ran a cable from one of the statics which members used, absolutely brilliant.

Off course we had the weather which resulted in a great stay at this site, and this will be our venue for our 2014 rally.

Many thanks to all the staff for a brilliant stay

Reviewer: Happicamp 2 reviews from this member

I think I had a very different experience from a lot of the other reviewers on here. Had it not been that I had paid in full upfront, I would have moved to another site.

We have a large tent, so paid to upgrade to a large EHU pitch, which we were told was 120sq metres. When we arrived it looked as though our pitch had been split it too, as they also had introduced an 'a' pitch next to ours, or half a pitch as they called it, which was not on the map. It was blowing a gale when we arrived so we put the tent up as quickly as possible and got inside to keep out of the rain. We only realised how small the pitch was when a campervan arrived and I could touch it with one hand on my tent! Including guy ropes my tent is 5m x 8. 5m. The 8. 5m completely filled the length of the pitch, we had less than a metre on one side of the 5. 5m and about 1. 5m on the other side, so it definitely wasn't a large pitch. When the weather picked up we went to explore and discovered a huge camping field further down the site with views over the water. This looked lovely and the pitches looked much larger - we were in with the seasonal caravans.

I love spending time at the tent relaxing and having BBQs, but I just couldn't relax here and had no outside space at all, it was very disappointing. I came back to the tent one day to discover our electric had been moved to another point as they had squashed a motorhome onto the 'a' pitch next to us, and despite our electric being in the correct port, it got moved by the reception team (so a neighbouring tent told us). This isnt an issue, but a little courtesy note might have been nice - particularly as moving it tripped our electric and turned the fridge off!

A fellow camper had music playing constantly and until late in the evening, which was really distracting - even more so as the evening went on and he got merrier, he joined in with the singing!

Toilets were good and very clean. The cleaners were almost too efficient as when I was using the toilet the cleaners who were hosing down the showers decided to hose the toilets too - when they realised my door was locked they put the hose under the door and continued to hose it down! Well, one way to get everyone out of the facilities whilst you clean them I suppose!

The location was good though and centrally located for Looe and Polperro.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with my stay, and wish I had complained at the time as I felt I had a ruined holiday. I won't be returning to this site - but will be returning to Looe

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dinky63 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from another fantastic stop here.

I had a blow out on the way and the staff were so so helpful. Cannot do too much.

The views are beautiful and the walks are second to none.

Its about 5 mins drive to Looe one way and around the same to Polperro the other, although a walk around 40 mins is my preferred route.

The site has the kids entertainment which I enjoyed too followed by singers, magicians etc on different evenings. And the bingo as well.

The prices in the bar are similar to the surrounding area so, even though not cheap, arent ripping you off.

The toilet and showing buildings are very well looked after and always available.

I loved everyday, including the compulsory raining bank holiday Monday, so the indoor pool was a great help.

Will return next year.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bluebrookes 1 review from this member

Tencreek Holiday Park is by far the best site we've been on, to date, the new shower blocks are very well equipped and with under floor heating, making the blocks nice and warm. The site has an indoor heated swimming pool, they have set out a time table for adult swim in the morning then all swim in the afternoon and also an aqua fit class at certain days at a cost.

Entertainment for the children is excellent, with one of the reps dressing up in a dolphin suit, bingo each night at 1 a book on certain nights you have different artists sing.

The entertainment is very much like what you would see on a package holiday abroad.

The staff were very helpful with any info you needed, like directions to places of interest, they made you feel very warm and welcome.

There is a shop on site with a wide variety of stock from caravan equipment to tea bags, but for more shops, it's a 5 minute trip to the town of Looe.

We will most certainly be coming back to Tencreek in the near future.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Roller70 2 reviews from this member

Met up here with my daughter and grand daughter.

We arrived 12 o'clock Saturday and were let onto our pitch straight away. The staff were very friendly. We have a 4 step levelling block and had to go to level 3 to get the motorhome level. The toilet block was by a long way the best we have ever used, plenty of hot water and very clean.

The clubroom was not bad but I would not like to use in peak season. They had children's entertainment every night which my grand daughter enjoyed even if she was scared of the dolphin. The games room was a joke a lot of the machines were broken and if you did win a few tokens the shop only opened on a Friday, we left on a Thursday.

The bar served food and there was a takeaway to the side of the bar. We were going to eat there 1 night but when I used the toilet in the club house the chef was in there and left without washing his hands so we amended plans and did not eat there. We reported this in the morning and were told thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The pool looked all right though we did not use it. We paid 141 for 6 nights which we thought a bit expensive for low season. I will not be staying there again.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Nurse cob 1 review from this member

Arrived to this site early, was asked to return for key, all our personal details, address and mobile number where left on the counter until I returned 2 hours later.

The caravan was spotless, the view was good from every angle, the grass was cut and the camp was tidy. We walked around the site which was clean, the shop was well stocked but expensive. We visited the bar only and there was no one else there.

In the brochure we were given there were local walks explained/mapped out. We walked to each destination and the scenery was lovely

We found this site very quiet, very clean, we do not have children but this site was the best we ve visited

We will be returning next year.

I'm afraid the weather is out of the hands of Tencreek, and people should remember this, we saw play areas ample outside space, wifi always available in club house too.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Iantracy 3 reviews from this member

We arrived late evening and picked up our package along with numerous info leaflets from the bar. Site was tidy and wash rooms etc very clean. We had a great Saturday night, however this was nearly spoilt by a bar staff member who would rather have talked to a child for over 15 minutes, the bar was empty in the end we walked out. I would return to the site as it was very tidy and staff where friendly apart from one.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: ChrisTurner 3 reviews from this member

Last minute decision having seen a favourable weather forecast. I have read reviews of this site elsewhere which were less than complimentary but as we intended to stay just for a couple of nights and it was local to us, we decided to give it a go.

Arrival was dealt with efficiently and in a very welcoming manner by the reception staff. A comprehensive visitors package was supplied. Pitch was level and the grass well maintained. Toilets and showers were amongst the best we have seen. Electricity supply was reliable. Disposal facilities good.

Site was quiet at night. We didn't try the bar, food or swimming pool but all looked to be perfectly acceptable. Even the bar prices seemed reasonable. Shop was well stocked and assistant friendly. All in all, I would find it extremely difficult to find anything to criticise on this site. I cannot believe that it is the same site that has attracted so much criticism in other reviews.

Maybe our favourable experience was a result of being outside the school holiday window but the site was still very busy so the cleaning and other staff must have been extremely industrious to achieve the standards they did. Local bus service stops a few hundred yards from the main gate and is a regular service to Looe and Polperro so there is no need to use the site refreshment facilities. Finally, the site fees are amongst the most reasonable we have ever encountered (farm fields excepted).

Thoroughly recommended site but possibly one which those who like a quiet life might avoid in school holiday time.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Amiiow 1 review from this member

Just returned from a wet and windy week at the site. Booked last minute has had to cancel the original campsite. Had a lovely welcome from reception staff offering a range of pitches. We did not like the first pitch given due to the surrounding tents and were very welcome to change pitches. The pitch itself was large and allowed for a large tent, wind shield and car with room to spare. Our pitch looked out onto hills and the coast line. Had a fair amount of rain but pitch drained extremely quickly, pitch was close to loo block and only a short walk to the club house. Food in the club house was fair, maybe a bit hit and miss depending on the meal you choose and offers a cooked breakfast in mornings. Entertainment was good, brilliant for the kids, the yellow coats work extremely hard every evening. We did not use the swimming pool although it looked fine, the shop is what you would expect from a campsite store it holds all the basics. The loo blocks are large enough for the site however they can become a little untidy/unclean towards the end of the day. Site is in a good location for exploring. Overall lovely site, would return.

Previous     81 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Other Sites Near Looe      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cornwall (East)

UKCS Meet Motorhome and Caravan Show 15/10 to 20/10, NEC Birmingham
All the new 2020 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more