Reviews of Tencreek Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Looe > Tencreek Holiday Park Reviews

Tencreek Holiday Park
Polperro Road
Looe
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL13 2JR

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   Tennis On Site
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring 1 mile
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  81 in total, now showing 61 to 70                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Antnic10 7 reviews from this member

Booked 2 large electric tent pitches together sometime before our visit. On arrival they'd double booked & were told to look for a pitch ourselves, didn't want to do this after long journey so junior staff member came out to look but didn't understand concept of 2 tent pitches together. Ended up with 2 medium pitches opposite each other with road dividing - this was no good as small baby in 1 tent & small children in other so were confined to our own tents once kids gone to sleep so not very sociable. Pitch was too small for our big tent & didn't dare pitch over our designated area as nextdoor neighbours fenced off their boundary with windbreakers all the way around! Felt packed in like tin of sardines with rows upon rows of tents etc as a consequence of the vast number tents etc it was very noisy - not recommended if you have small children. Site shop well stocked but extremely expensive as was site takeaway. Toilet block desperately requires updating. Lots of showers but no hot water whatever time of day or night we went. Too cold to shower kids in so plonked them in sink! Showers were so small could barely turn around & nowhere to put clothes or get ready, consequently clothes & footwear got soaked. Could do with more dishwashing facilities too. When we complained we were told we could stay an extra night for free. Only plus was near to Looe & gorgeous Polperro.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Smepig 2 reviews from this member

Site was ok good size pitch for trailer tent, toilet block was a bit dated, site bar was good priced, shop was expensive (as are most), recommend walk to looe town for coop or somerfield other shops in area include tesco asda. Not enough for kids to do as weather was bad ,good central base for day trips which were well priced this was second visit to site but unlikely to return .

Looe was very good for the kids as fishing trips £10pp crabbing off quay , rock pooling was good kids enjoyed this, . Visited charlestown(st austell) well worth the day trip food in the bousans cabin very good after tour around museum 10/10 ,china clay museum st austell was very good well worth the walk around.

Kids ages are 12 11 6, struggled to find things for 6 year old to do?

Date of Visit: April 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Bux64 4 reviews from this member

Went for a week with 3 kids and a dog for a cheap break during the Easter holidays.

I was really surprised by the facilities. They have been upgraded recently. Lots of toilets and showers, but they should be the next upgrade project! Lovely pool and larger club, nice shop although a tad dearer than I would have expected. Nice dog walk area. Good walks and places around to visit. Seaton is lovely for the dogs and kids to run around.

One thing against it. Takeaway. £6.95 for pie and chips??? and the chap said the prices had not gone up yet for the Summer season!

Overall, an excellent holiday and really good value for money. Would definitely return .

Date of Visit: November 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Mycocks 5 reviews from this member

Just returned from a weeks stay at Tencreek in a Static Caravan called Sunseeker the second from worst but really nice can't fault the entire holiday lol. It was a really lovely caravan came with everything you needed, can't blame it in any way at all. It was one of the best caravans I have stayed in and it was only £120 for the week, It had a sofa bed in the livin room 2 twin bed rooms a double room and it was warm clean and spacious was too big for us as a couple! needless to stay we are going back in January. The facilities on site included toilets and showers but we didn't need them but they was clean and loads of them. The shop on site was a little pricey but not as bad as some local shops. The site staff was friendly and welcoming. The Castaway's Club was a great night they did Bingo and Tribute Bands whilst we was there, we won a return stay back on the raffle also lots of childrens entertainment! The Deano's Dinner was the same prices as everywhere else. The swimming pool was clean and nice. There was an outdoor water slide we didn't use it as it is winter! Also a children's playground. There is a walk to Talland bay from the Caravan & Camping Site. Local attractions was Looe, Polperro. We went to the Eden Project twice as they have an iceskating ring up and also £14 for a whole year admission. We went to Par Market near St.Austell on the Saturday which is great for gifts and anything you forgot. Monkey Sanctuary in Looe was shut but have been before. We ate out at Seaton Bay Cafe and the Chinese in Looe and also the chip shop opposite the car park. The best pasty shop is the traditional one in Looe. Polperro is great for a wonder around. Went to the local beaches Seaton Bay, Looe Beach, Llansalos Beach, Millendreath Beach and many more which was all clean and quiet. Overall 10 out of 10

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Alunphillips 2 reviews from this member

What a pity I didn't read these reviews before I booked. I booked a holiday for two large pitches for camping explaining I was disabled and would like to be as close as possible to the toilet facilities and as we were two families with children wanting them next to each other.

On arrival we were given our pitches next to each other but was about as far away from the toilet block as we could possibly be and it was all up quite a steep hill. Fortunatly one of the pitches had already been taken(double booked) so we went to the office and we were given another two pitches but they were already occupied ,so back to the office again and we were told to go find one for our selves When we refused they sent out a junior member of staff who didnt really have a clue or seemed to care.

Eventualy we had to have one of the first pitches and one a few pitches away. The one pitch was in a bit of a hollow but had clearly been used before as the grass was yellow and flat.

Owing to this everytime I needed to go to the toilet I had to use the car and because of my health I use the toilet quite a few times in the night.

Having thought we would be close to the toilet block I didnt take my portable toilet therefore waking up all the other campers by starting my deisel car through the night which I could only appologise for as they made a point of saying about it.I did think about getting another portable toilet until I seen the price of it in the site shop £114-00 which I thought was quite expensive . Then on the first night some of the neighbours who had a static caravan there decided to have an all night party. Ok fair enough we were on holiday.

The site only had one shower block and one toilet block, which were all up quite a steep hill ,where the showers seemed to be turned off at a certain time of the night they both could have been cleaner although there were cleaners there quite often. They advertized a 40 meter log flume in the outside pool which we only seen open for anyone to use once for about ten minutes. There were no proper life guards, and a lot of the time the pools were unguarded (they did have signs up telling you this)

On the second sunday night it rained and we got flooded out with three quarters of the tent under about four inches of water all our clothing was soaked along with most other things in the tent , when my son spoke to one of the workers he was told that this pitch always got flooded and was cordened off a few weeks before to stop anyone using it. When I went up the office to complain and ask for compensation I was told they couldnt do anything about the weather, I then explained they knew it was a regular occurance that this pitch got flooded. I was then told there wasnt any rain forecast so they opened it back up again, and told to make any complaints in writing to the head office

Going back to the campsite to sort out all our belongings ,after sweeping most of the water away the assistant manager came down but it was still looking bad enough for him to offer to put us in a caravan for the rest of the holiday. But we could'nt go in right away as there was a family fight the night before and a window was smashed so we had to wait for that to be repaired. Sounds great but when we got in there it was wet and had blood on the cushion of the bed also it had cigarette burns in it it also had a musky smell and mildew in the bathroom but it was dryer than the tent. So for the kids sake we decided to stay. Needless to say we wont be going there again

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Paul4bikes 3 reviews from this member

Originally we booked a 6 berth unit tuesday-tuesday to avoid the Saturday carpark called the M5, we had wanted a 3 bed 8 berth, but you can't book an 8 berth midweek in peak season.
The van was right by the outdoor pool, however the van smelled a little musty, after unpacking, we found damp in the front corner, the seat (which forms the matress of the double bed in the lounge) was wet underneath, as was the compartment below and on its carpet inside, there was what appeared to be a fungal growth, this was where we'd intended storing our clothes, a complaint to reception led to us being offered the caravan next door, which had the same problem!. Back to reception again!
We were offered another two 6 berth vans which were not appropriate (less space & lower spec), before we were upgraded, though with obvious reluctance from the reception staff, to a 3 bed 8 berth, to our relief, this wasn't wet, and didn't smell of damp, was clean, spacious, and well equipped, so we got what we originally wanted!. But had to repack everything and move, this whole episode took about 2 hours to resolve, and no-one from reception came to look at the vans concerned, we were left to sort ourselves out.
Our final van was only 2 years old, but surprisingly showed signs of quite a bit of wear and tear, and there were signs of mildew in the bathroom and master bedroom.
As to the site itself:
Both the indoor and outdoor pools were clean, but not well supervised by the lifeguards, the clubhouse is a single room which was very warm, (no aircon!), entertainment was provided, but wasn't a patch compared to the ex-sister site at Sandymouth in 2006 (Sandymouth is no longer part of the Dolphin Holidays Group), with more reliance on Karaoke, Talent nights, and video quizzes than entertainment from the team itself.
The visiting acts were OK, but one didn't turn up, the sound system had a few gemlins but when it did work was very loud!
The site shop was expensive, which is expected but not the miserable staff! Bar prices were typical of caravan sites (IE pricey), but did offer a local draught hand-drawn bitter, which for those who like real ale is a boon!
We had a quick look at the touring site which was very cramped looking, with units spaced at the minimum legal safety spacing.
The local area offers beautiful views, Looe itself offers a nice sandy beach with rockpools, our kids enjoyed crab fishing off the dockside, where there are lots of boat trips for tourism or fishing offered, there's plenty of pubs and restaurants offering food for all budgets, there's lots of souvenir shops, as well as up-market shops, galleries etc, it isn't overcomercialised, and seems to have struck a really nice balance in this respect.
Overall we rated the site at 7/10, the resort as 9/10, the weather 6/10.

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Lesleybm 2 reviews from this member

I wasn't impressed by this site. The statics are very old, but after reading other reviews on this site I was surprised to find it was clean. We had taken our own bedlinen, but the linen provided was fine. The site was very noisy at night with both the clubhouse music and all the kids running between the caravans and throwing bottles into the swimming pool.Nice.

The shop was OK, quite expensive. We didn't try the take-away as it didn't look very appealing. As we've just bought a tent I took a peek at the shower and toilet facilities; old and cold. I was glad we weren't using them. There seemed to be a lot of old caravans in a poor state and the site was overrun with rabbits (including a dead one with no head in one of the camping fields). We left a day early, but for £374 in July you get what you pay for. There were good points. The site was well located for Looe and Polperro. We also visited Fowey, Megavissey and Padstow which were all lovely.

Date of Visit: June 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Ck wales 2 reviews from this member

Looking forward to going back to Looe, but what a disappointment! The caravan had definitely seen better days and needed a good scrub. In fact we have to change caravans because our shower leaked, but the new one wasn't any better. There was damp everywhere and the caravan smelt musty.

The entertainment could have been a lot better too - Hoseasons state that the site is well known for its good entertainment, but twice I had to ask for Deano the Dolphin - we only saw him twice in total for that week! One night the entertainment was colouring for the children followed by bingo and a quiz for the adults - the prize was a small cuddly bear! I have seen better entertainment at my local! The disco consisted of a couple of compilation CDs which doubled up the music quiz questions. Maybe high season things will be livelier?
The plus points were it has a good size club house, the pool was okay with good changing facilities and it was quiet in the nights.
Overall Killigarth Manor was a much better site, feel a bit let down with this site. Maybe if the weather was better, things would have seem brighter too!

Date of Visit: April 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: FaithWolf 9 reviews from this member

OK, lots of bad reviews on here for this site - and clearly there are a range of experiences to be had. I booked a static caravan at Tencreek, (family of four) and a couple of days later checked the reviews on here - I was horrified and expecting the worst. But found the holiday to be fine after all.
We usually camp in a tent, so it was a bit of luxury to be in a caravan. The caravan was quite nice, I've stayed in cleaner/more modern, but I've stayed in a lot worse. The bedlinen we hired was pristine, and new pillows were provided, duvets and mattresses seemed clean, so maybe they've taken the hint from other reviewers!
It had everything it needed, no missing pans/cutlery etc. The grill in the oven would not work at all, but that didn't majorly impact as the oven and hob worked.
The entertainment was okay and we enjoyed a couple of nights there. (And I'm fairly snobby about such things.) The children had a great time. The site seemed clean, well-mown, staff were friendly enough in the facilities. Couldn't say about the camping side of things of course, as I didn't use them. Looe and the surrounding places were fantastic, truly beautiful little fishing villages. Try the seafood!
Overall a nice site, pretty average really, but quiet for a Butlins/Haven type place. A good base for exploring the surrounding areas - I might not visit this campsite again, but only because I like to see pastures new! My overall rating would be six and a half out of ten.

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Bethceg 4 reviews from this member

We stayed at this campsite as a stop gap between Poole and St. Ives and really wish we hadn't. When we first got there there were a lot of teenagers from the plot behind sitting on our pitch who didn't really want to move and the rest of the stay didn't get any better.   The pitch was on quiet a steep slope my husband spent every night pulling the children back to the top of the tent.  We didn't unpack everything as we didn't want to leave a lot in the tent if we went out. The staff there couldn't be bothered with you so we didn't even bother complaining as someone said they had and it didn't get them any where. The wash up was three sinks not a lot for how many pitches they had over 200.  The toilets looked like they had once been just one row but as the site had got bigger they had pulled them out and made a double row done the middle you were lucky if you had a foot of space between the wall and the door to walk down. The  touring caravans behind us looked like they were permanent as many had tumble dryers full size fridge/freezers and full size cookers in the awning. As well as all the touring pitches there was a lot of statics, that also if they were out on site used this one toilet block.  I told my husband that if we had not got friendly with the people in the next tent I would have packed up and took my chances finding somewhere else to stay. To me they had tried to get to many units on the one site without enough facilities to cope. The broucher looks lovely and glossy but you do have to take the rose coloured glasses off to see the truth.

Previous     81 Reviews in total, now showing 61 to 70      Next

Other Sites Near Looe      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cornwall (East)

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Amazing daily prizes and a grand Christmas Day Star Prize - Coming Soon!

Register for a Reminder