Reviews of Wood Lake Campsite & Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > East Yorkshire > Great Hatfield > Wood Lake Campsite & Caravan Park Reviews

Wood Lake Campsite & Caravan Park
Mappleton Road
Great Hatfield
East Yorkshire   (Browse area)
HU11 4UP

No Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 Lakeside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  57 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Our site is opening in line with government guidance and we are taking bookings for arrivals from 04/07/2020 onwards , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilet / shower facilities will be open. Some communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: SXXthead 2 reviews from this member

Sheryl and Roy are perfect hosts! What a peaceful wonderful site. I went in my little tent and was helped so much. My husband and I had walked 12 miles and were so tired! Sheryl took my husband home because he wasn't staying with me, that night I was cold, and the next morning I walked to hornsea because my tent leaked! When I got back, I managed to talk to Sheryl n Roy and Sheryl, bless her, went to get a blow up bed for me to borrow, and so I had a better tent and a blow up bed and had a better nights sleep! I recommend this site. It's accommodated for dogs as well and they have a play area for the dogs. Also the woodland is awesome and the lake is gorgeous with the ducklings and goslings.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Chestnuts 22 reviews from this member

What a wonderful campsite. We stayed there for 3 nights in our motorhome. The owners are very friendly and extremely helpful. Lovely walks around the site our dog especially loved the area set aside especially for dogs, he could have a good run round off the lead and we knew he was safe and couldn't get out. The only downside is don't put an awning up if you have a motorhome and want to get out and about. We put am awning up and walked to the beach, which is over 2 miles away, when we returned we took the awning down so we could go to Hornsea ect, we would love to return next year.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jesb 1 review from this member

Brill adult only site. Fantastic facility's every thing you could wish for and more. Sheryl and Roy are really friendly and helpful. When this site gets well known you will need to book well in advance don't know why I'm writing this I'm only making it hard for myself to book next time. Thank you for a wonderful stay. 1-3 sept

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Bigcoose 1 review from this member

I feel I must put a review of this fantastic site on here with the rest. We have just returned home after spending bank holiday on the site and all I can say is 'wow, what a gem of a place'.

On arrival at the site, the owner, sheryl, greeted us with a huge amount of information on not only the site but things to do in the area, she guided us to to our pitch and left it up to us how we prefer to be situated which is a very welcome idea.

The site is extremely well looked after and the facilities are spotless and want for nothing. The fact that it us adults only was such a huge bonus as it made our stay extremely relaxing.

Just one more thing I would like to say is that Roy and Sheryl have made such a fantastic job of their site, it will now be a regularstop for me and my better half.

Reviewer: Ukellie 4 reviews from this member

Just returned after a 4 night visit

Reception - excellent warm welcome, friendly - it is cash only no card machines

Pitch - massive plenty of room

Site - very level and grass well cut

Facilities - excellent 1 shower under construction - the owners have thought of everything, community area is well stocked and ample information, even a brolly if you are caught short

The site has lovely walks a dog run, a lake ( no fishing ) and a horse called ginger who is very friendly

Now the owners Sherly and Roy 2 lovely people who went you to have a good time and would do anything to ensure this happens

It's an adult site which we prefer

Surrounding area - local pub within walking distance 12 mins walk to be exact, good cycling road and off road, Hornsea is a couple of miles with a big tesco

Beach not too far where I understand dogs can run free

Bridlington 17 miles away

100% would recommend - we will be back

Reviewer: Twintens 3 reviews from this member

Just got back from here I was due to stay from last Sunday to Saturday but forced to leave early due to work. This is a lovely site. Good sized pitches. So relaxing. There's a lake to walk round, I was dying to get my fishing tackle out. There was some good sized carp in there. If you have a dog there's a fenced off run where you can let them off the lead. Very well thought out. Toilets and showers were spot on. Easy access to Bridlington, Hornsea, Withernsea spurn point. A really nice place will definitely be going back and definitely recommend this place

Reviewer: Beagles 2 reviews from this member

I really need to be careful how I write this, purely for selfish reasons as I am sure this site will end up being really difficult to get booked onto in the very near future as it is an absolute gem of a site. Cheryl and Roy the owners are always available if needed and Cheryl puts a lot of thought into what pitch to allocate to you, trying and succeeding in getting a very good balance and happy campers.

As a dog owner, I had one very happy pup as she loved the freedom enjoyed in the dog run also a great place to have a chat with other dog owning campers. Also a very nice walk through the woods and around the lake with lots of wildlife to admire.

Great amenities, always spotless a lot of hardwork has gone into this site.

This is a very quiet and peaceful site, long may it continue great place to chill and unwind I felt fully recharged cannot wait to get back, which will be very soon.

I am sure I could write a lot more for this review but if you like a peaceful and relaxing site then try this one you will not be disappointed.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Alimay 1 review from this member

What a gem of a campsite. Stayed for four nights but wished we could have stayed longer. Small site but very well laid out and nice size pitches. Lovely lake to walk round in an evening and great for nature lovers with a wide variety of wildlife Facilities spotlessly clean. Owners were very helpful. Would highly recommend this site.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: PCD123 2 reviews from this member

What can we say, if you are looking for a quiet peaceful relaxing time on the east coast, this is it. Great walks or if like us you cycle, plenty of good safe cycle adventures to find, we even rode on the beach at Mappelton, very exciting. And if you do need a bit of retail therapy there is Hornsea freeport an easy bike ride away on fairly quite roads. This site was quite new when we visited and there was on going improvements to the showers, only one of the two available, but it wasn, t a problem. We have recently returned from a mth in Europe and I can honestly say we didn, t come across a more peaceful site on our travels. Well done, and we will be back

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: JoenBrenda 3 reviews from this member

Just back from staying 3 nights at this delightful site, Clean toilets and showers,

Sheryl was nearly always available if you needed anyone.

Plenty of space for each pitch, easy walk along the Pennine way to Hornsea, good dog friendly beaches nearby, the lake had plenty of visiting birds, nice peaceful woodland walk to give the dog a longer walk than the dog run last thing,

Unit used was a folding camper

Will visit again

Previous     57 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Wood Lake Campsite & Caravan Park child friendly?  NO, this site is adult only  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Wood Lake Campsite & Caravan Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Wood Lake Campsite & Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Great Hatfield      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Yorkshire

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 28/06
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more