Reviews of Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Salisbury > Stonehenge Touring Park Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park

Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <5 miles
 Fishing <10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  125 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Date of Visit: February 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Morgz84 22 reviews from this member

I booked a pitch for a tent with electric hook up at short notice which was no problem. I was welcomed onto the site by a friendly lady at reception who showed me where everything was and pointed me to a pitch by some trees on the south side of the park. I had a long enough electric hook up cable to be able to position my tent so that I was looking out across the meadow which was nice. It really was magical to just sit there at dusk just watching and listening to the wildlife all around. You are aware of the nearby A360 however is isn't a major intrusion and the sound of the birds easily distracts your attention. The only thing I feel the overall experience lacks is a camp fire and I think it would be nice if fire pits were allowed; I can however imagine that the site have their reasons for not allowing them.

The site has brilliant facilities including a laundry with indoor dish washing area, there are also some outdoor sinks (under shelter). The shower blocks were very clean and reasonably modern. The only slight annoyance was that the push button shower required button to be persistantly held down to maintain water flow rather than the usual 20 - 30 seconds you would expect, I am sure a small adjustment could remedy this. The shower was however nice and warm.

Of course the county of Wiltshire itself is lovely but the site was also well located for popping into the New Forest or East Somerset. I spent a glorious spring like Saturday walking in the New Forest followed by an epic drive through the fringes of North Dorset and a lovely journey through Wiltshire countryside up the back roads and back to the site. I left early on the Sunday, this was because despite a reassuringly still Saturday evening the wind and rain came in and kept me up all night. This is no fault of the site, it's just I am a light sleeper and need to invest in some ear plugs!

I can highly recommend this site to anyone looking to explore Wiltshire. It is very conveniently located for me in Oxfordshire to come for a quick weekend away. I will be back to visit as soon as a nice weekend is forecast.

Date of Visit: November 2010 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: 100waves 3 reviews from this member

I visited Stonehenge in my campervan and booked this site beforehand. It was very cheap at 12 pounds with EHU so I was surprised at how good it was. The surrounding views were really nice. The location was handy for Stonehenge obviously but also many other English heritage sites in the area. The pitch was hard standing but we had to drive over grass to get to it. The grass was however very hard for this time of year and so no problem at all. I was so impressed with the site I decided to stay another night. I will return for sure.

Date of Visit: October 2010 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Savtr 1 review from this member

Me and my girlfriend found this campsite via our sat nav. We came up for the day to visit Stonehenge, after a beautiful day walking round we needed somewhere to stay with our camper van and wasn't sure on the area. I called them up and I was booked in within minutes.

The woman was very friendly who worked there. I also couldn't believe how cheap it was to stay there and they had wireless internet. The grounds were beautiful! There were horses in one field and sheep in another so we felt very relaxed and one with nature.

We will definitely be coming back here when we're in the area. The facilities were very clean and private, they have showers and washing area. We do recommend this campsite to any age, whether you looking to stay one night to a week.

Couldn't comment on child friendliness as we do not have children, but there was children there playing in the play area located in the middle of the camp site.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Taffyp 3 reviews from this member

Spent a pleasant weekend here. Campsite situated in a rural area about 20-30 minutes from Salisbury and 4 miles from Stonehenge.

Smallish site with a well stocked shop and cash point facility.No pitches are marked out which did lead to some people pitching a bit too close to each other. Grass could have done with mowing as it was getting a bit long in areas. However several trees located within field, perfect for sheltering / eating under to escape midday sun.

Children's play area is simple but effective at entertaining kids. We were pitched very close to it (approx 2 metres away) but not many kids on site to cause too much noise!

Toilet block is modern and clean. Washing up facilities are a bit on the smallish side. Only 2 sinks, which are too shallow to fit a kampa bucket / deep bowl into. Launderette looked ok too.

Owner very pleasant and helpful.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Tank666 3 reviews from this member

My wife and myself returned to the park after a 4 year absence, and first time by caravan. The place still has its good ambience and very friendly.

Rob gave us a hand to set up (the man works tirelessly ) and is always pleasant and a smile for everyone.Shop on site is good, pubs which are pretty close ( all in a couple of miles) are friendly with good beer and grub.

We came for the solstice stayed 4 nights and moved down to Brixham relaxed and happy.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Kevin27 1 review from this member

We used this site for our first camping trip and were very pleased with our choice. As we have three children under five we only stayed for one night to see if they liked it, which they did.

The site is perfect for first timers like us as the owners are very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The camping area is a horseshoe shape with tents facing inward towards a play area for the kids.

The shop as mentioned in other reviews has everything you could want and have forgotten. They even have a cash machine.The toilets/ showers are clean with very hot water available with an outdoor double sink for cleaning dishes and pots / pans.

Stonehenge is only four miles away and the surrounding countryside and villages with thatched cottages are very scenic, with a peaceful atmosphere a welcome break from the big smoke London.

We will definitely be back for a longer spell, and highly recommend this site especially for first timers and those with young children.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: PoppyMum 1 review from this member

This was our first ever camping trip and very happy with our choice. The whole site is clean and tidy. A warm welcome is given by the owners and the facilities are spotless. There are no marked pitches but you are advised where to pitch by the owner and you end up with more than enough room.

There is a fantastic shop which stocks everything you should need. You are able to freeze your ice packs at a very small charge and we also chose the very yummy home made bacon baguettes; a lovely way to start your Sunday morning!

Overall I would highly recommend this site to anyone, especially those with young children as the pitches are all facing into the centre of the park and you can watch the little ones having fun whilst you sit and relax with your glass of wine. Fantastic little place.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Cake Man 24 reviews from this member

Stayed for 4 nights from the 28th May bank holiday. The camp site was smaller than we expected but when we arrived received a very warm welcome from the owners.

The site is very clean and when ever I used the toilet blocks they were always clean & tidy. Shop had every thing you would expect, they even offered to post our post cards!

Only small observation was that it looked like to many tents for a small field which meant the kids had very little space to play, However do not let this stop you booking this site. Would I stay again? Yes We would

Date of Visit: March 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Gillyb 2 reviews from this member

Lovely site on the edge of Salisbury plain, a couple of miles from Stonehenge. The owners Rob and Julie are very friendly, and can't do enough to help, we forgot our electric hook up, and Rob sorted us out.

It's a very well kept site, the toilets and showers are cleaned regularly. A well stocked shop, that is very reasonably priced. No noise after 11pm, a beautiful place to go for peace and quiet,in beautiful surroundings. We will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: AJ58WAG 7 reviews from this member

Stayed 1 night whilst passing through and visiting Stone henge.

Wished we had stayed longer we loved it

Owners very happy to help Shop Very well stocked daughters bought loads and where so excited about rice pudding being in stock (strange children)

Shop also had glow sticks which every child on the site bought and we experienced later that evening in mass quantities. It looked like aliens had landed and was very surreal.

The sit is clean tidy and has just enough facilities to be happy and not overpowered by the fast paced life we left behind.

Rules and regulations on site plain simple and easy be nice to others and expect same in return.

Previous     125 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Stonehenge Touring Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Stonehenge Touring Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Stonehenge Touring Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Salisbury      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Wiltshire

UKCS Meet Paws in the Park, West Sussex 09/10 to 10/10
UK's largest outside dog show for working, trained and pet dogs held at the Ardingly Showground. Weekend camping available on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021