Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park

Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing 10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  112 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PeteM45 1 review from this member

This is my first review and I'm doing it because I value the reviews I read, which help me decide on whether to visit a site. I was impressed with this place and hopefully this will inform you about Stonehenge Touring site. I spent 6 lovely days and nights at this site, solo camping, another first. I enjoyed it immensely, it's a lovely, clean, friendly place with great facilities. The toilet and shower block is kept very clean and the site shop is very handy. The greeting I had on arrival was warm and friendly which I experienced throughout my stay. The site has lots of Europeans staying, nice to hear foreign tongues chattering away quietly enjoying the surroundings in peace. I camped in my Bell Tent near some trees to the edge of the site, surrounded by empty fields with cows and sheep. We did have a rather loud group stay during the weekend, making some noise past 11 however, this was dealt with by site staff. Overall the site is well placed for touring, with Bath and Salisbury not far away and of course the stones are worth a visit but at nearly 20, I thought it was a bit of a rip off. I'd definitely visit the site again.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sallyjones 1 review from this member

Campsite is brilliant, clean, quite, tidy.

Children and dog friendly.

They have a shop on site or there is a co-op not far in shrewton but is by car.

Stonehenge is only down the road, local to few attraction places, longlete and more.

Devizes, Salisbury and amesbury towns are not far either.

Shower blocks are lovely clean and up to date.

This campsite is brilliant would definitely recommend to anyone, family run and very helpful in every way we've been coming to this site for years now as we love it so much, one of the best xx.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Johntodd 6 reviews from this member

Five nights late season break and meet friends from Devizes. Very friendly and helpful reception. Facilities all in good order and cleaned daily despite being late season. Very convenient dog walks from site. Great 'pub grub' at Rose & Crown Tilshead (3mls). Useful WiFi.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Richard61 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here to visit the stones on the solistice and found it to be a great site with no negative points

Good hot showers and washing up area cleaned twice a day, very well run and managed by friendly efficient family.

Free wifi which worked very well, site is shaded with tall trees so it gets warm in the sun and is well situated for salisbury plain and stonehenge.

The site was full on solistice weekend but didn't feel crowded at all with no queue for facilities.

Grill bar on site and sunday roast service delivered to your pitch, the local chinese is excellent, as is billy baxter the butcher in nearby shrewton - a quirky character well worth a visit.

One of the best sites we have been on, highly recommended

Richard and Jane

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Nigel Rickard 29 reviews from this member

This site is close to Stonehenge as name implies, also Salisbury. I would describe it as intimate, it was very quiet outside school holidays when we visited. Pitches level. Shop appeared to have reasonable stock. Staff friendly. Toilet/shower block is small and appeared basic from outside, but it has just been refurbished inside to a high standard, ladies being finished the week we were there. Shower temperature could vary as you used it, but no danger of scolding or freezing. The east end of the site looks out across fields and there is a footpath. Burger van offerings seemed good to us, friendly service. No pub within walking distance. Excellent place to visit Laycock Village, you could spend all day there, recommend King Johns Hunting lodge to eat lunch.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Geoffprinter 10 reviews from this member

Just got back from 6 very pleasant days here. Lovely small site with level pitches. Each pitch seemed to have its sunny times, as there are a number of trees which shaded most plots at various times of the day. We went with electric hook up and had no problems with it. The shower and toilet block were spotless every time I went in there. Mens & ladies had 2 showers. FREE Wi Fi and it worked. Friendly owners. The shop was well stocked for a small site. Good size plots. All in all a very nice site and yes I would return. The one thing it did lack was a freezer for ice blocks, but the owners did let us use theirs in the shop so not a problem for us at least.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Liamandkatie 7 reviews from this member

Lovely site! Small and very friendly. It was only about half full so there was plenty of room for the children and the dog to run around. Well signposted, so easy to find, even though it is down a lane. Toilets were clean and useable. So quiet and peaceful, a good little information shed and a small shop. We would look to stay there again if in the area!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cyclekarl 1 review from this member

I recently cycled down to Stonehenge from Nottingham for the summer solstice I arrived at midnight and stayed awake for the event. Straight after the sun came up I went in search of a campsite and came across this lovely little place. It had a burger van there and a tea stool which was just what I needed. As soon as I was done with my breakfast I asked the older lady there about camping and she said it was her daughters site. She went to find out and came back with the price which was very expensive for one person I might add, it's 15. 00 per night for two with a car, only 1. 00 cheaper for a man with a small tent and a bicycle. It was actually full up, but the owners mother led me to her garden and only charged me 10. 00 which I thought was more reasonable. This site is just about the right size, it's well laid out and pretty. It has a shop for essentials and good showers etc, but I wouldn't go again because I am used to staying in campsites costing half the price which are just as good.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Madgooner23 1 review from this member

Absolutely love this camp site. We have been going four years now (this will be our fifth). It's a lovely location, easy to get to. Facilities are good with clean toilets and showers. The shop is great - it stocks everything you need including wine for the missus! Really nice owners and we look forward to many more years visiting.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Taffymotorhome 29 reviews from this member

After driving back home from Cornwall along the A303, and a few ' let downs ' at sites that were either too snobby or too expensive, we arrived at Stonehenge Touring Park at about 19 30hrs. The owner came and greeted us as if it were midday. She was ever so friendly and helpful, And we ended up staying another night. Ok the grass was sodden, but that is not her fault, and all the vans that were there had hard standings, The proximity to The ' Rocks' was a big plus. The only thing that I Could fault, ( if fault is the right word), was that the toilet blocks could have been warmer. Having said that, the blocks were spotlessly clean. There was a little washing up block which was handy, and plenty of hot water.

We would definitely recommend this site, and use it as a ' stop over ' on our way to or back from Cornwall.

Previous     112 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Wiltshire

Win an Outwell Sleeping Package worth over 399 Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to 175!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire
Save 20 on a weekend's camping with masses to do ...more

Play the UKCampsite.co.uk
Easter Hunt

Easter Hunt

Follow the clues, find the answer, and win a fantastic Easter prize - a TV / DVD Combo worth 399!