Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park
Orcheston
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP3 4SH   See Map
Tel: 01980 620304

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <10 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  112 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Date of Visit: December 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: BigErnie 29 reviews from this member

I have relatives in the neighbouring village so my fiancé and I stopped here on boxing day after spending some time with the family.

Whilst I arrived after dark I was pleasantly surprised with what I could see of the site, and I found the amenities block clean and tidy. Perhaps the addition of a little heater may have taken the chill off but I didn't spend enough time in there to worry about it.

The site offers hard standing pitches and electric hook up which we prefer to use at this time of year. When I got up in the morning I was pleased to see that the site was just as attractive in the daylight and well set out with good size pitches and picnic benches dotted around. The views from the site of the surrounding countryside are also very pleasant.

This was a perfect site for a stop over and I'm sure we will be coming back in the future.

Date of Visit: December 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dubdogs 118 reviews from this member

Stopped here for a night over the festive period during a bit of a cold snap. I'd called the week before and had been assured there was no need to book, and on arrival I was the only unit staying, so nice and quiet!

A handy sign on the shop/reception door said to pitch where you like and catch up to pay later. As it was out of season, the shop was closed but from the remaining stock it looked to have the odd bits of camping 'stuff' that might be needed.

The facilities were clean and tidy, but a little dated around the edges. I also couldn't find a light switch to turn on the lights in the cubicle/shower, so a little dark in the evenings. The shower was a little disappointing as the push button had to be continually pressed or it released and the water would stop immediately. There was a very good laundry room with decent equipment. As it was cold, the drinking water tap froze from early evening, so best to get your drinking water in during the day if you stay when it's cold.

The site itself was in a nice setting with horse paddocks to look out on. There was a bridleway with access from the corner of the site which was good for giving the dog a quick walk to do the necessities. Lots of other footpaths and bridleways on hand to make a longer walk, but using an OS map would be needed to join them in a loop.

The free Wi-Fi was good and covered the pitch no problem, although I only remembered this from reading a review rather than seeing anything on site.

All in all, a good little site that offered a nice bit of peace and quiet in some lovely countryside.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cluskey Clan 11 reviews from this member

Nice, small campsite for a stopover visit on the way to Devon. Great location to visit Stonehenge.

Owners were very friendly. We had a nice pitch with views over the fields. Washing facilities were clean & well looked after.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ockie 4 reviews from this member

We booked our 2 night stay at short notice but we were made to feel very welcome.

This small & friendly site is in a great area for exploring, do be sure to hunt out the white barrow owned by the National Trust, with in walking distance.

The toilets and showers were spotlessly clean, the camping field in general kept tidy

10/10 for this site

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PeteM45 1 review from this member

This is my first review and I'm doing it because I value the reviews I read, which help me decide on whether to visit a site. I was impressed with this place and hopefully this will inform you about Stonehenge Touring site. I spent 6 lovely days and nights at this site, solo camping, another first. I enjoyed it immensely, it's a lovely, clean, friendly place with great facilities. The toilet and shower block is kept very clean and the site shop is very handy. The greeting I had on arrival was warm and friendly which I experienced throughout my stay. The site has lots of Europeans staying, nice to hear foreign tongues chattering away quietly enjoying the surroundings in peace. I camped in my Bell Tent near some trees to the edge of the site, surrounded by empty fields with cows and sheep. We did have a rather loud group stay during the weekend, making some noise past 11 however, this was dealt with by site staff. Overall the site is well placed for touring, with Bath and Salisbury not far away and of course the stones are worth a visit but at nearly £20, I thought it was a bit of a rip off. I'd definitely visit the site again.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sallyjones 1 review from this member

Campsite is brilliant, clean, quite, tidy.

Children and dog friendly.

They have a shop on site or there is a co-op not far in shrewton but is by car.

Stonehenge is only down the road, local to few attraction places, longlete and more.

Devizes, Salisbury and amesbury towns are not far either.

Shower blocks are lovely clean and up to date.

This campsite is brilliant would definitely recommend to anyone, family run and very helpful in every way we've been coming to this site for years now as we love it so much, one of the best xx.

Previous     112 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Atera STRADA DL 2 Tilting Bike Carrier worth £457.50 Win a 7 night holiday at Lee Valley Campsite, near London!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more