Visitor Reviews - Lincoln Farm Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Oxfordshire > Site Reviews

Lincoln Farm Park

Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  202 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: HOSPITALWORKER 17 reviews from this member

First visit to this site and wonít be our last.

We were greeted on our arrival by a very friendly lady who told us where our pitch was and the best way to access it.

The site is nice and peaceful and very well laid out with plenty of shade.

The washblock was one of the best ones we have seen on a privately run site with individual cubicles and plenty of room in the showers. Well heated too which at this time of the year was very welcome.

We didnít use the swimming pool but had a look and hope to use it on our next visit.

The Black Horse pub which is a couple of minutes walk from the site was lovely. The food was very nice but very expensive for what we got.

We found out later that right opposite the site there is a Mosiac walk which is something else we will try on our next visit.

There are bus stops right outside the site and buses run to Abingdon and Witney.

Would definitely recommend this site and will be returning next year.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jill K 10 reviews from this member

I was looking forward to this site after all the rave reviews, so was disappointed when we were allocated a pitch right next to the gents toilets; in fact we were all cheek by jowl around the (superb) facilities, when there were beautiful woodland sites empty all around the camp. When I mentioned this, they offered to change our pitch and a free swim, but who wants to change pitch when the awning and everything is set up? I assumed they would allocate the best pitch, not the worst? So if you want the entertainment of gents constantly coming and going to the toilets on the gravel path. Crunch, crunch. Or have mobility problems, No 3 is the pitch for you!

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sylvia Evans 1 review from this member

We have just spent the most wonderful weekend at this site. I'm happy to say that we have visited many sites but we have never been so impressed as we were about this one. The staff immediately made you feel welcome as soon as you entered the reception with a smile and a thank you and enjoy your stay, which I have to add was said with honesty, they meant it. The shower blocks were exceptionally clean and smelling clean. The little shop in reception was handy if you have forgotten anything (and had a few little treats, why not). We didn't have far to travel but when you get on site its like being in the New forest you wouldn't believe how peaceful it was. We went to this site so that I could rest due to just getting over an illness, and I felt so relaxed I didn't want to come home.

Overall a fantastic site and we will definitely be returning. My scores are honest as I know how important it is when looking for a great site.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Isobel34 1 review from this member

Absolutely fabulous. One of the best campites Iíve ever stayed at. Attractively landscaped in Ďbaysí, the campsite was busy yet we felt comfortable in our space. Lovely toilet and shower blocks with great washing up areas which were unexpectedly equipped with fridges and a microwave for all to use. Clean recycling facilities at these blocks too. Staff clearly present on site maintaining and cleaning. Best off all, two super pools with sauna, hot tub, steam room and small pool on site behind reception. Better than Champneys last time I visited. Children play area and games room. Village location had gastro pub and lovely houses. Short drive to Whitney which was a great town. Very good systems in place for everything (although slightly odd you can buy rather than hire snooker cues). Water and toilet blocks all close to everyone. What a great design of site. We will definitely return.

** Edit: I just wanted to update my last review! I stated that snooker cues could be bought but not hired. I got that incorrect information from my husband, who got it wrong. Snooker cues are a available to use free of charge! Apologies Lincoln Farm.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahh56 47 reviews from this member

Stayed for the spring bank holiday. The weather was glorious and the site was excellent. Shower block very clean, pool excellent. We had a wanser to the Black Horse on Sunday lunchtime and sat in tge sunny garden.

Cannot fault it.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Rabbitboy 26 reviews from this member

This is a very well maintained site in a lovely location. It rained badly before & during our stay, but the chipped stone roadways & hard standings coped very well.

The pub just outside the site (turn left as exiting site) did excellent beer (although quite expensive) and the food was great.

We got a bus to Oxford (2 buses, change at Witney). Witney has a co-op and Waitrose & a few pubs.

Fantastic toilet block, very clean.

Recommended

Date of Visit: March 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kensingtongreen 39 reviews from this member

We had a superb night stop and wished we had booked for longer! We will definitely come again and for more than one night. Cannot fault any aspect-layout, cleanliness, facilities, staff, location- all excellent. And good value at £22 with electric.

Two points

1) Swimming is extra - there is a morning and then an afternoon session.

2) The Bell is now closed. The Black Horse is very near (three minute walk)and, despite earlier comments, we found it excellent. There are new landlords (New Zealanders)running it and the menu is interesting and fresh cooked. Service a bit slow as a result (but there's nothing else to do in the village at night!)

All in all, one of the best sites we have found in the last few years.

Date of Visit: February 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Richg57 13 reviews from this member

As a family we like this site. Its in a good location and is well kept. The facilities are clean and there's plenty to do. This time I booked online and paid £2.90 to be told on screen that there were no full service pitches. I still booked because the standard pitches are fine anyway. I arrived after dark and in the morning I saw numerous full service pitches vacant. Small matter I know. I'll use this site again and I recommend it but don't pay extra to book online, phone up instead.

We ate out at the Rose revived pub just two minutes down the road on the bank of the Thames and found them to be family friendly and reasonable value.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: SandraScot1 35 reviews from this member

We have used this site probably 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years, mainly to catch up with relatives who live nearby. This site still has a high standard of facilities - can't fault the site/toilet blocks etc. However we will not be returning here.

I understand there was a change of ownership in the last 12 months. They have additional charges for just about everything. I'm aware it's high season and expect to pay a little more but £32 per night for 2 adults with a motorhome is very high. Then there is the charge for the dog; £1. 50 per night. The Dog Walk is a narrow pathway running along the parameter of one side of the site - hardly an exercise area for dogs and as I provide the dog food what is the charge for? Then there is the charge for WiFi - lots of sites now provide this regardless.

But for me the height of greed is the charge for visitors to the site. My sister in law has pulmonary issues and is classed as Disabled as she can only walk short distances. She has a Blue Badge for disabled parking. The site still charged her £3 to park in their car park when she was visiting us. She did point out to Reception that she was disabled but was still charged £3. This is completely unacceptable. When we checked out on the Sunday I asked the lady at reception WHY the business charged visitors for parking. She said it was 'historic' and was to deter locals who have Pool Membership from bringing their vehicles on site. She also confirmed that it would be up to the discretion of whoever was on duty at Reception as to whether any exceptions would be made. Well there was clearly no discretion granted on that day - I can't believe that this site finds it acceptable to charge disabled people visiting. Ridiculous.

So all in all I think the new owner of this site should be wearing a Mask, a black and white striped jumper and carrying a bag with the word SWAG on it! Clearly out to get what he can from his customers and I personally work too hard for my money to contribute to greedy businesses such as this one.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JulianCh 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here over the early May Bank Holiday on one of the serviced pitches. Lovely large pitch with picnic bench provided.

Site has ample WC/showers and they are very nice.

Made use of the swimming and sauna facilities which while small are very nice and well maintained. Although our children are teens now, there certainly looked like there was plenty to occupy younger kids.

One eve over weekends a steak and chips van is on site which I can recommend.

Site is handily placed for day trips into Oxford

Previous     202 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Oxfordshire   -   Search for a site

Win an Babyhub SleepSpace Travel Cot worth £149.99 Win a OLPRO Knightwick 3 Tent

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 17 to 20 Jan 2019, Event City
Huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Black Friday SALE
Black Friday SALE
OLPRO have masses of amazing Black Friday offers EVERY DAY throughout November. Prices slashed on inflatable awnings and tents