Visitor Reviews - Long Acres Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Surrey > Site Reviews

Long Acres Caravan & Camping Park

Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Dog Walk

Reviews:  51 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mstatter 2 reviews from this member

On arrival the site looks beautiful - the people who greeted us pleasant and very friendly. I had booked a pitch on the front field because we wanted to be away from lots of other people but the lady suggested we put our caravan in the Meadow - along with several teepees occupied by a Hen Party because she said she was concerned we would be disturbed by the road noise! Eventually we were allowed to pitch where I had booked and I have to say that the road noise was nothing compared to the noise of the aircraft, one every three or four minutes, until nearly midnight and from 6am!

The showers whilst very nice cost 50p but on top of 24. 00 per night pitch fee this seems excessive, as does the charge for wifi.

The pub across the road has a website promising all sorts of lovely food but in reality has a list of burgers you can purchase painted on the wall.

All in all, if you go in a group, prepared to make enough noise to cover the aircraft noise, happy to pay top end, you will have a lovely time. Otherwise stay away it is not the place to visit if you are a couple who want a quiet relaxing break.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Geoff66 7 reviews from this member

4th visit to this place still couldn't find a fault with the place

Owners wonderful people always cheerful and friendly

Site is well maintained and looked after toilets and showers always spotless will be returning next year its a great base for exploring.

Good foods and drinks nearby all within walking distance

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sigri 14 reviews from this member

My son stayed here for several nights over a three week period whilst working in the area! The site owner was very hospitable. They made him feel welcome, the site was fairly quiet as early season and midweek! The toilet facilities are amazing, you do need 50p for the showers! There is a good fish and chip shop close by.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: PatriciaM 19 reviews from this member

Stayed here last weekend as we were visiting the racecourse on Saturday. Ideal location. Really easy to find. Very reasonably priced. Staff were really helpful and friendly on arrival and showed us to our pitch. Our pitch was close to the new toilet block. Facilities were lovely. Don't do what I did though. Got stripped off for my shower then realised I had left my 50p in the camper. Shower was lovely and hot however someone had left there filth behind in the other cubicle. It takes two minutes to tidy up after yourself. Don't leave your mess for the next customer. Washing up area was nice and clean. My husband said his shower was cold however. This was about 8am before there were too many people up and about. There is noise from the planes which you get used too. There's a pub within walking distance out of the site turn left. We ordered a taxi to the racecourse and he picked us up from site and came back for us. We will definitely come back here and recommend to friends. A lovely little campsite very well maintained and a good price

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kmeb 3 reviews from this member

Friendly and helpful owner/warden. The camp site was easy to find and the camping area was well set back from the road.

There were clean modern site facilities for toilet/showers/ washing up. We could see that the new facilities on the main camping field would be excellent - they were due to open at the end of the month.

Very Good value for money in this part of the South East.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Keep 5 reviews from this member

Fantastic campsite. We have stayed here a few times now. This time we rented out the front field as our wedding venue. We had two giant tipis and bell tents erected by outside suppliers and the staff did everything they could to accommodate them and our guests. The location of the front field doesn't interfere with other campers peace and quiet. The site was well maintained and very clean. Yes there are aeroplanes because its near Gatwick but they didn't bother us. We would highly recommend this place for regular camping or an events hire as its very competitively priced with a great team of staff

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: B787800 4 reviews from this member

I booked a stay here for two nights which I subsequently extended to three nights after arriving. I found it to be a very well laid out site with large individual pitch areas. I pitched my tent in the field at the top of the site with electrical hookup, very stable electrics, I had no interuptions at all during my stay. Plenty of room to park the car next to my tent. To gain access to this field there is a barrier gate which needs a number to entered into the keypad, so quite secure. There was some building work going on in the next field, but this was not too intrusive.

After setting up the tent I settled down to watch the planes arriving at nearby Gatwick Airport, they fly overhead at about 1, 000ft or less so there is a lot of noise, but after a while it is less of a problem.

The facilities are very clean with pay showers provided, along with a laundry room and a dish washing room in the same block. The showers do tend to get busy in the mornings, so it can pay to be a late riser! A drinking water tap is also provided outside the main block as well as some rotary washing lines (not sure if these are for general use, or for the residents).

The office staff were very helpful and easy going, when asked what time I should vacate on the Sunday morning I was told 'there is no rush, as we are not busy'! There is no shop on site, although I believe Calor Gas can be bought from reception if needed.

Site wide WiFi has recently been installed here, I paid for 3 days, which at 5. 00 I thought was good value, especially as it covered my time from Thursday afternoon through to Sunday morning with hardly any interuption in the service. The one downside was it is only possible to log on with one device at a time per package purchased, so if the family turn up with multiple devices it could be expensive as each person would need to buy their own 'package'. I tried to run my iPad and laptop at the same time but the logon page said I was already logged on elsewhere.

As mentioned in earlier reviews, there are plenty of eating places in the area, the only one I tried was an excellent fish and chip shop near East Grinstead, south on the A22 road, near to the junction with the A264 from Turners Hill. East Grinstead has a good selection of shops with plenty of parking and is also a good base from where to explore the Blubell Railway from. A bit nearer is Lingfield with a selection of shops and eateries, although I did not explore here myself.

A good tip to note is the A22 main road does get very busy in both directions to/from East Grinstead, I found it a lot quicker to travel by way of Lingfield, although it is slightly longer distance wise, there is a lot less traffic.

Overall, I would recommend this site for anyone wishing to explore the area, despite the aircraft noise.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dilas 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here first bank holiday of May in our new caravan all excited with having camped for many years. We had never put a awning up and when we paid for a pitch the lovely lady that handled our booking mentioned she used to sell awnings for a living and would be happy to help if we got stuck putting the awning up! After and hour and a half we gave up and asked for her expert opinion. Within 30 minutes it was erected thanks to her help and many phone calls to the previous owner. We have camped here for many seasons and it's always a pleasant and welcoming site. The new wardens I must say bring a new fresh feel to the site and are very helpful and pleasant throughout our stay. The site has blossomed and is kept clean and tidy at all times. We are told that there's plans for a third toilet block which will be very welcoming and a great addition to a brilliant site. The rear field has opened and has added more space and variety for all of us to choose the perfect pitch. We look forward to staying here next season and we certainly hope the new wardens stay on after the winter and we hope to see them next year over the spring summer months. The site is under the flight path and yes there are planes over head but we love plane spotting so it doesn't bother us at all. We have two jack Russels and we love taking them for long walks. There are many public paths throughout the surrounding countryside and there is an oasis that we came across called the Wire Mill pub which is situated along side Wire Mill lake. It's stunning and you feel as if you are abroad having a drink and watching the water skiers do their tricks as we sip on our ice colds and delicious tapas served fresh and tasty. Thanks to everyone at Longacres and we look forward to staying next year.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mrwhippy1954 26 reviews from this member

We stayed over August Bank Holiday so was very busy but by Monday afternoon the place was nearly empty.

The first thing that strikes you if you are not used to it was the aeroplanes over head. At times, particularly mid-evening they came over at a very low height every 90 seconds. I was fearful of being able to sleep but did with no real problems as flights looked to cease between 11. 00pm - 6. 00am.

The site itself is fine and very well maintained, with statics, hard standing, grass and a non-electric camping part.

Our dog would put this in his top 3 ever sites, with a big field below the camping part, a bridleway 10m away and loads of walks.

The facilities were very clean but I resent having to pay for a shower with 12 minutes of water which starts from the moment you put your 60p in, which can be outside the cubicle and before you have chance to undress.

There was a good pub up the road where we had an excellent burger meal at half price, other days other deals.

Overall a perfectly fine site just ignore the planes!

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Margaret Stevens 3 reviews from this member

We stayed here one night not so much because we wanted to visit the area, but because it was convenient. However, it proved to be a very nice, quiet place to stay. We stayed in the furthest field which looks onto fields. There was only one other person in a small tent in the whole field. The pitches for motorhome/caravans are nicely laid out with gravel and lots of well kept grass in between.

The toilets etc were a high standard and very clean. The new owner was very friendly and helpful. The noise of the aeroplanes didn't bother us - you quickly get used to them once you are no longer interested in looking at them and wondering where each one is going to!

We would certainly stay again if we needed a stopping place in this area.

Previous     51 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Surrey

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over 885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth 119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey