Visitor Reviews - Pooh Cottage Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Pooh Cottage Holiday Park
Bear Lane
Knowle
Budleigh Salterton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX9 7AQ

Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Dog Walk

Reviews:  85 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: KirbyDunkin 1 review from this member

Being new to camping had to find a site that wouldn't put my partner off for life. Thank goodness I found Pooh Cottage. I cannot praise it highly enough. Friendly clean level and quiet. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you so much. You made a short break very special. We visited Otterton mill. Also had a lovely walk along the river otter. But we were spoilt for choice. Cannot wait to return.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Steve10101972 2 reviews from this member

We spent ten nights here in August. Staff are friendly. Excellent spacious hard standing pitches, each with EHU, individual cold water tap and grey waste. The best facilities we have ever seen. Each individual shower room contains toilet and hand basin. This site also has a separate bathroom with full size bath toilet and hand basin. (we would quite happily have any one of the shower rooms or the bathroom in our house they are that good). We would highly recommend this site to anybody considering visiting the area.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Triodogs 1 review from this member

We are both new to caravanning and not wishing to tow we decided on a seasonal pitch. Having looked around the area we decided on this camp site due to its location and our first impressions. As you can tell we have three dogs, well Chihuahua's not exactly the largest of breeds, most camp sites have a two dog max policy (so I could have two Great Danes but not three Chi's, crazy, still their policy- rant over!). The site manager/warden, could not say a bad word about him, he was so helpful in helping set up the caravan - levelling and also putting up the awning and ensuring all was ok, coming up from the shire, us hobbits lack height! He also looks after the pitch and awning during the bad weather letting us know if all is OK after high winds and storms. He is around most days of the week and weekend. Now onto the Shower block, well I for one would have these facilities at home, yes the shower cubicles do house a toilet, basin and shower together, which I consider great, but there is also separate male and female toilet facilities which are all cleaned on a regular couple of hours or so. I have never found them dirty. The whole camp site is immaculate although it does not have a club house or pool which I believe maintains the site at a high standard.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kernow Camper 169 reviews from this member

We had 3 nights at Pooh Cottage over the early May bank holiday. Of course the glorious weather made it extra special but this site really is special. It's gone straight into our top 5!

Lee (the on site warden) is fantastic. One of the best wardens we've come across in 12 years of motorhoming. From his pre-stay communications regarding directions, etc. , to booking in to our daily chats, everything was 5*.

Easy to find site and spotless on arrival. The site is mainly made up of seasonals (all caravans) with a section in the middle for touring. Grass and hardstanding pitches, the hardstanding being 'super pitches' with EHU, water and waste. Chemical waste points at both ends of the site and recycling bins a the entrance. Indoor laundry and dish washing area housed in the central facilities block which has probably the best shower rooms we've ever come across. Toilet, sink, hand dryer and large showers in each. There are also separate ladies and gents toilets. Everything was absolutely spotless during our whole break. There is a children's playground right in the centre of the touring section so can get busy and noisy during the high season.

Local pub (Dog & Donkey) 10 minute walk from the site. Good choice of local beers and ciders. Didn't eat in there this time but will do on our return visit.

Short walk down into Budleigh Salterton town and beach (15/20 mins) where there a some great places to eat. We had coffee sat on the beach sold from a little hut and ate in The Feathers pub in the high street (good pub grub).

Cycle path into Exmouth (and beyond) straight from the site.

What more could you want?

We have already recommended the site to lots of our camping friends and will definitely be back there sometime soon.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Coastwalker 37 reviews from this member

I can only repeat the comments in the previous review. A lovely place, immaculately kept, with literally sparkling new shower/toilet facilities.

The manager was very understanding about my disappointment with another local site and made me welcome even though my type of bike camping, with most stuff outside the tent instead of inside, looked a little out of place against the smart motorhomes all around.

An excellent, peaceful place with access to the town and lovely paths in the countryside.

Budleigh is a town that trades on its quiet gentility, but is a decent place with proper shops and a pebble beach.

Exmouth, on the other side, is the place for supermarkets and fun of the commercial kind, but a bit grubby in places.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Long Travel 1 review from this member

This was our second visit to Pooh and we were looking forward to seeing the new toilet block as we had heard so much abut it. Unfortunately and this is only our opinion, we are not lovers of the combined shower, sink and wc rooms. We like the wc's to be separate to the showers, it's ok in the home but not for a campsite. The shower rooms end up smelling like toilets because of the demand. Who ever designed it has not made the most of room available this wasted space could be taken up with more shower cubicals. Being a plumber by trade I can appreciate the work and good finish that has gone into the building

The lack of wardens is somewhat disappointing as it would have been nice to ask about local places of interest and events.

The local pub just down the road is friendly and the food is good.

All in all its a nice site in the right location but lacks the personal touch. I would return for a short stay if they continue to allow touring vans in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DD Driver 3 reviews from this member

My wife and I have recently returned from a five night break in our campervan on this greatly improved site with its first class facilities and its spacious pitches. This impeccable site is run by an extremely helpful, friendly and hard working couple.

Thanks - we look foreword to our next visit

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diver-graham 1 review from this member

This is my first review, my partner and I are new to camping. Booking the campsite was easy and painless. I was given clear instruction's on how to get to the site, with good tips on our best route. I google maps the site. I must admit I was a little worried about the narrow lane, on the approach to the site. This was only my 2nd towing expirience with our brand new caravan. I just took it nice and slowly, the lane is only a 200 yards long.

On arrival we were greeted by the owners, who were very warm and helpful to us. I was directed to our pitch and was helped with reversing advice and assisted with levelling my van for the first time. The pitch was large and on a slight incline, ( it looked OK to me. ) The owner helped me level my van, and lent us a wheel chock and blocks. All the time during our stay, we found them helpful and very friendly.

The site facilities were great, with a lovely new shower and toilet block. They are a dog friendly site, with nice walks just off site. The local pub is just a short walk, up the lane and around the corner. They have a good collection of local real ales, and the food is good as well.

Pooh cottages is a clean, friendly campsite. We have recommended it to our friends, We shall be returning again, later in the year.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Patricia1 1 review from this member

Nice site with the best toilet/shower block I have ever seen. A bit out of the way up a very narrow lane. Nice old fashion High Street with lots of charity shops and a Co-op and Spar for groceries. Not really within walking distance to the beach as it is a long drag back up hill. Firing range nearby which can be heard constantly in he distance. No dog walk on site and you are not allowed to walk your dogs around or through the site so not really suitable if you have dogs

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Frankie-leigh 1 review from this member

This site was brilliant. We took our grandsons 3yrs and 5yrs with us. The bathrooms were a excellent they enabled me and my husband to take the boys together for a shower and to brush their teeth without me having to hover outside the men's facility's or my husband outside the ladies. The hair driers were really good too. It was lovely to feel confident that your children can play on the grass without rolling around in dog wee or what's left of dog poo after its been picked up, because the site do not allow dog walking on the pitches. My grandsons loved the play area. And we were happy that the play area was in the middle of the site so you could easily keep an eye on your children. This site is perfect for family's with young children. We had a brilliant week and would definitely return.

Previous     85 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Devon (South)

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over 885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth 119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey