Reviews of Wilksworth Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Wimborne > Wilksworth Caravan Park Reviews

Wilksworth Caravan Park
Cranborne Road
Wimborne
Dorset   (Browse area)
BH21 4HW

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/04 To 31/10

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   No Bar   No Restaurant   Wifi Access
 Fishing <10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis On Site
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <10 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  78 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilet / shower facilities will be open. Some communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Burgo 1 review from this member

Just returned from our stay at the park.

To be honest we were disappointed with the site, felt the reviews left raised our expectations.

The site is split into 3 distinct sections

Statics - Residents only

Tent field - no vehicles allowed to stay by tents

Touring field - caravans, motorhomes and tents

On our arrival we were shown to our pitch, be very careful, the road has speed humps which is not a problem and welcoming with children playing, but a few are a tad vicious and I managed to damage my towing electrical plug on bottoming out.

We stayed on the touring field and found the pitches very close together and would have preferred a little more room.

There is 1 main block for all, key code on door but for adult height only (a nuisance for our sons who had to keep asking for us to take them to the toilet). Facilities were OK, but shower cubicles were very small and missing shower curtains so clothing would get wet while you showered.

Toilet cubicles were very tight and required a little shuffle around to close the door.

1 x chemical disposal point.

Dog walking area was only about 100ftx40ft but it was fully fenced in and so you could exercise your dog off lead safely.

Children's play area was grassed BMX track, football pitch and adventure play area in sand which the children enjoyed.

The main plus point for this site was the swimming pool, it was very clean as no outdoor shoes allowed past the main gate but in the week we were there was only manned by staff for 1 day, only to make sure no children entering on their own and wearing the wristband.

Maybe being very picky, but for the price paid, it would have benefited from more spacious pitches, site map showing where all facilities are, revamped/larger cubicled showers/toilets, removal of keypad and high door handles from the toilet block. Improved barrier keycard system.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Leesa-k 1 review from this member

I have just come home from our 1st camping holiday! We must have had the worst weather possible for August but even this didn't dampen our spirits. I went with my two girls aged 10 and 6 to Wilksworth Farm in Wimborne - chosen as it wasn't too far from home if I didn't like camping! We were welcomed by friendly staff - shown where the shower blocks/ washing up area/family bathroom/laundry/cafe etc then shown to our spot. ( 1min walk to all the above!) We had plenty of space around us and everyone was friendly. On site they have a heated outdoor pool and baby pool guarded by a lovely man who was constantly cleaning/sweeping and checking everything was ok. Next there is a BMX track - playing field and children's play area - all kept clean. We visited the cafe where again we were welcomed by friendly staff in a very clean but maybe a little small room. Food was delicious and reasonably priced. (kids meals about £4 - Adults £6 up) They also do Takeaway with 15% discount. I booked our table earlier in the day just in case. I also preordered my daily paper although you could also order milk + bread if you want! Days out included Wimborne model village 10mins drive + £16 for 1adult 2kids. Honeybrook Farm - 5mins drive £12 and Wimborne Minster town/shops/market.

To round up our stay - I couldn't of asked for anything more - except better weather and noone could help that! I will definitely be booking again next year! From 3 very happy campers! x

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Loubaker 1 review from this member

Just returned from a week’s camping with 3 young children and found the site to be excellent. We stayed in the tent field and all the children were happily playing together and making friends.

Our baby is on special prescription formula that needs to be stored in a cool place and the weather was 25 degrees that week, so just boiling in the tent. The lovely staff kept the milk in front of their air conditioning unit in the office for us to keep it cool, which was brilliant.

Our gas bottle ran out one evening at 19:30, when the office has shut for the day, the staff were able to be contacted and replaced the bottle so we could cook that evening which is superb service. In fact all the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help.

The cafe does lovely food and were able to accommodate 9 of us for a great meal on the last night. There is an outdoors enclosed pool which the kids loved, as well as a play area, a gorgeous area for under 7’s with lovely wooden playhouses which the children spent many hours role playing in, BMX track, tennis court, volley ball pitch and football area.

The only slight irritation is that children are not allowed in the toilets unattended and actually, due to a key code and the height of the handle, cannot get in or out without an adult. This did mean that at times I spent most of the morning in the toilet block with one or another of my kids. However it did mean the toilets were cleaner than I have seen in other sites.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Jwg70 1 review from this member

We come back every year, a brilliant campsite with great facilities, a very nice park area for the children to play a real family friendly site. It is an ideal location with the beeches not far away at all. Lovely staff, very helpful and friendly with an excellent café on site, highly recommended!

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Member87un 5 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a couple of nights and our friends also stayed on a pitch next to us.

Overall a very nice site with lots of outdoors things for the kids to do. They have a play park, ping pong table, football goals, volleyball pitch, basketball pitch, swimming pool (closed though due to the time of year - which we were aware of) and a tennis court - though this was locked.

Even with it being a rainy weekend the kids still enjoyed themselves.

Check-in was very welcoming and we were shown to our pitch and given a welcome pack.

Although on first appearance the shower/toilet block seemed fine (slightly dated), once we used it my opinion changed! Sand everywhere presumably from the play park, showers sprayed everywhere soaking most of my items in the cubicle and not providing the best flow to rinse hair, warm water though and plenty of hooks and a fold down chair which was useful. There is a shaver socket in one of the sink cubicles but no 3 pin plug for hair dryer or straighteners. Plenty of toilets and 2 have sinks in them - sadly on our visit one toilet wasn't cleaned the whole weekend and wasn't pleasant.

There is a camping field with electric hook up (we didn't stay there), and a further area with serviced pitches, hard standing pitches and grassy areas so ideal if you have a caravan and friends have a tent - you can still be in the same area.

Overall all nice site with friendly staff, I would stay again even though I was disappointed with the shower/toilet block - for a 5* site I did expect better.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Mortale 10 reviews from this member

A second visit to this site but in summer this time. We found the facilities to be as excellent as before and the staff always very welcoming, happy to chat and interact with our children. The coffee shop serves delicious food and was perfect for a break from cooking. The swimming pool hadn't been open in October and so we really made use of it this time. With the sun shining it really did feel as if you could be in Europe and the backdrop of the fields was beautiful.

The only niggle was that we felt a little hemmed in our pitch. Our neighbours had their caravan plus awning plus huge windbreak and we could only just pass by the windbreak to get to our waste and fresh water carriers. When sat in our caravan it literally felt like they were in there with us as well. By the second day things were quietening down a bit and it was much better. This wouldn't put us off returning by any means but we would probably choose to visit outside of the school holidays next time.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: My little pony 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here for one week. I picked it due to the number of positive reviews that it had on here. I was not disappointed. The whole booking experience was okay but the original booking had to be posted to them and then you had to await conformation by post. After that it was just a phone call to pay the balance. My first impressions of the site were excellent. I liked the fact that there were security barriers and that you were provided with a swipe card to get in and out. It may seem trivial but the potted plants and the hanging baskets were amazing. When we were checking in the lady pointed out that I had booked for a dog. We decided not to bring our dog and the lady refunded the money. To be honest I had completely forgotten I had booked the dog so the refund was a pleasant surprise. We were shown directly to our pitch by one of the employees. However because of our caravan being double axle and the closeness of the adjoining caravans it would have been near on impossible for us to get the caravan in the correct place. The chap went back to the office and gave us a choice of other pitches. None of these were all service pitches as the original one was but this didn't bother us at all and they refunded the difference without us asking.

The site itself was spotless, the bins were emptied regularly, in fact the employees always seemed to be about doing something. I liked the way that the workers had a polo shirt on with the site name on it. It meant that they were easily identifiable for my young sons. The park area was very good and well maintained as was the playing field. There is a BMX track as well but I didn't have a go on that. The outdoor pool is enclosed within an area. It was superb. The water was relatively warm and there was a little kids area as well. It had a lovely view over the adjacent farm land. When the sun was out it was like being in the Med and it had a fantastic non slip surface throughout. This surface meant that shoes had to be left outside and you were not allowed to eat or drink by the pool. This didn't bother us at all and I didn't see anyone 'break the rules'. There was nearly always a lovely employee by the entrance to the pool who was very jolly 'Lord Gravel'.

The toilet and shower facilities were very good and very clean. Water was always hot in the showers and there was always soap and plenty of toilet rolls. I never had to queue for a shower. The toilet / shower block required a number code to gain access.

We had a afternoon snack in the on site café. Very nice! There was even a supply of second hand novels to buy with the money going to a local animal charity, particularly good as I had forgotten my book.

A lovely site which we will definitely be visiting again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mayla10 2 reviews from this member

Have just returned from a week's holiday at Wilksworth. What a gem of a campsite! The facilities were excellent, the showers and toilets were always clean and l never once queued for a shower even so the campsite was quite busy. I find the enclosed dog exercise area very useful to allow my dog to have a run about of his lead, this is not something l have come across before on any other campsite. Also plenty of dog bins around the site, very dog friendly. The staff were very helpful and friendly especially in the café where l must say their home made cakes and bread were delightful, my son spent most of his pocket money in there! There is plenty to do in the surrounding area, you are not far from the coast or the New Forest. Would recommend Moor Valley Country Park for a day out. The only one thing which l would say is that if you are camping in the touring field you are quite on top of one another. This did not really bother us that much oh because as people left the spaces were kept free for quite a while. Would definitely go back here again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Westiewest 2 reviews from this member

We have just arrived home after a family holiday and would like to say how great this site was. We went with my 12 yr old and his friend and our two dogs. It was a very dog friendly site and found the dog run very convenient to be able to them off the lead. I found the whole site felt very secure and was happy for the boys to go off wandering. The toilets and showers were always clean and the shop and cafe staff were most helpful. The food at the Old Carte shed was very nice, although a bit on the pricey side when you compare to the Stocks Inn pub round the corner where you can get two courses for only £9. 95, the Old Carte was convenient on the nights we didn't want to stray too far.

The only down side I would say is the pitch sizes, although we were in a tent, we opted to go on the touring site and found that we were very much on top of each other with our 8 man tent taking up the whole width of the pitch. The tent site appeared to have more room between pitches but was on an uneven field.

We found sandbanks and Poole not too far away, a good 15 minute drive, but for a lovely dog friendly beach at sandbanks it was well worth it!

We are contemplating booking again for next year as talking to other holidaymakers there it appears there are a lot of re bookers to the site, with some on first name terms with staff!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Costablighty1 3 reviews from this member

We decided to holiday at Wilksworth after reading some fantastic reviews. The site is in a perfect location and quite close to the lovely town of Wimborne Minster. Everything has been well thought of here. The staff were always polite, helpful and kept the site spotless. The site includes a dog walking area too.

The swimming pool was a real bonus and we were fortunate to have some lovely and very hot weather. The small pool was fab for smaller children.

We had quite a large tent and found that we had ample space. The no-car rule on the tent field is a really good idea as we did not have the worry of our children getting too close to other cars and they could scooter up and down the field to their heart's content. You can bring the car to the pitch to unpack and then park in the car park.

The shower rooms were very clean and there was always hot water available. We never had to queue to use the showers. If you have very long hair it may be wise to bring a decent hairdryer with you if you have an electric pitch as I found that the dryers took ages to dry mine and my daughters hair. This was only a very minor issue if the weather was cold. There was a key code system in place for the shower block so small children could only get in with an adult.

We only used the on-site cafe once but they served some lovely food which was reasonably priced too. There was also a shop for the usual essentials and you can organise a newspaper if you give reception some notice.

We would recommend this site to anyone who wants to be close to some lovely beaches and attractions. Sandbanks, Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove are amazing, New Forest and Monkey World are definitely worth a visit too. The site has a really good information cabin so you will never be stuck for something to do here. It is a very beautiful part of the UK.

Previous     78 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Is Wilksworth Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Wilksworth Caravan Park have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Wilksworth Caravan Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Wilksworth Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Wimborne      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more