Reviews of Trevayne Farm Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Pembrokeshire > Saundersfoot > Trevayne Farm Caravan & Camping Park Reviews

Trevayne Farm Caravan & Camping Park

Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  138 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wheresthechocolate 1 review from this member

Very friendly campsite, staff helped whenever we asked from the first phone call. It was our first trip to a proper campsite and we were in a borrowed tent in Tenby field. The site was recommended by another local campsite which was full, when I asked about quiet campsites for families.

It was almost full when we arrived so the advice when we arrived on which were the sheltered pitches wasn't very realistic. There were no set pitches and we went into the only gap we could find. We ended up on a slope, but most of the site was flat.

The toilets and showers were clean but quite open to the air which wasn't a problem as it was warm. We never had to queue. There was a nice place to wash up. The site always seemed tidy and our children felt safe playing. It was quiet at night after ten.

The beach down the steps was lovely and although the way was rough and slippery in the wet we enjoyed the walk and found the way easily.

We would go back.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: She25 7 reviews from this member

Just one night at Trevayne and glad we chose it based onthe reviews. We were in Tenby field, actually Monkstone is the one closer to the cliffs but as Tenby is slightly higher we still had a lovely view. Field is flatter around the edges, and an easy wander down tot eh FANTASTIC toilet and shower block. Didn't use the shower but looked like a hotel standard one!

Got a bit lost trying to walk down to the beach, maybe we were being a bit dense but eventually found the right path. Lots of steps, probably about 15 minutes worth, but a lovely secluded pebble beach at the bottom.

A pity the weather didn't play ball as I'd have loved to sit there and watch the sunset / sunrise with a cold beer.

Very professional staff on reception too, and the farm shop looked lovely.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wendyjoan60 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here to try out our new air tent. Its was windy good ground pegs needed.

The tent was. Brilliant. And so is the site lovely staff and owners.

Loose sheep running around the site was amusing the staff soon had them under control and back where they should be. Fellow camper left food outside their tent and crows ran amock so we put their food back inside the tent for them. This was while we were putting our tent down to leave lol. Loved this place. Will be back thank you

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Hilary C 31 reviews from this member

I have mixed feelings about this site but more good than bad and I would stay again. Very friendly and helpful when booking and a couple of days before our visit had an email saying how much they were looking forward to our visit. On arrival we were met by a very friendly young lady in reception. We stayed in Monkstone field and were lucky enough to be on the front row and the views across to Saundersfoot and Pendine Sands are truly stunning. Our pitch was hard standing with electric and drainage for grey water, from our pitch fresh water was a short walk away. For this field there is one ladies shower, 2 washbasins and 2 toilets for the men, 1 shower, 2 urinals, 1 toilet and washbasins, I doubt that this is adequate in high season. We walked through Tenby field and took a look at the facilities there where we found plenty of showers which did not appear to be heated and the washbasins were outside. We walked across the field to the coast path towards the beach but didn't go down. There are a couple of noisy Cockerel's which do quieten down eventually and plenty of bird life. The reception/shop sells eggs and vegetables, milk and few other bits and pieces. I didn't see a Children's play park. A couple of days after leaving we received an email saying that they hoped we'd had an enjoyable stay and that they would see us again.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: The_real_mr_h 2 reviews from this member

I came to the site looking for good views, easy access to Tenby and Saundersfoot, and good facilities. I found all three. The staff were welcoming when I called to book at the last minute. I had little contact with them after that, and only stayed two nights.

I used Tenby field, which has no electric hookups (but I didn't want one). There was plenty of space, as the schools had just gone back, which meant I could choose a site with views on almost all sides and I could park to protect the tent from what wind there was.

My only real opinion on the facilities (as I didn't have to use much) was that I found them clean and perfect for the job. As it was quiet I never had problems washing or washing up. The washrooms are covered but open to the elements, which I liked and would be great in the summer proper.

All in all I thought that the site was great value, well sited with good facilities. I'd have no problem recommending it with the caveat that it was quiet when I visited.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: PAVCamp 2 reviews from this member

When I checked in on the Saturday, I wondered why everybody was wearing wellies. The torrential rain from the week before had caused the problem, MUD. What could I do other than find the best spot for our tent then take a trip to the local Welly shop.

More rain on the Sunday night didn't help but as the days went on, green grass appeared and it was a green site again.

The facilities are great and the office / booking staff helpful.

The groundstaff were brilliant and to be honest, you would have thought they were expecting a visit from Her Majesty the way they went about their business and cleaned. The grass was cut regularly, any litter picked up, toilets cleaned regularly, i. E. More than once per day.

I recommend you stay here and you can have a sea view depending where you pitch your tent. The Pembrokeshire Coastal Path runs by the site and it is 2. 5 miles to Tenby and 1. 3 miles (other way) to Saundersfoot. NB - This is an undulating path! Wait for the tide to go out and walk on the beach if you prefer a level walk.

There are 193 steps down to Monkstone Beach which is as good as any other, why travel to Barafundle or Tenby when you have an equally good beach on your doorstep.

I want to go back!

PS - I thought £16 per night was ok but compared to other campsites in the area, one was £25 and one £30 - no brainer!

One point to the site management - please can I have longer than 8 seconds when I press the shower button, I did find one shower that lasted 20 seconds.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Fionavan 40 reviews from this member

Beautiful site on the coast path between Saundersfoot & Tenby - we had an EHU pitch and a wonderful view out to sea.

Small, newly installed shower & toilet block in this field was lovely - spotlessly clean, great shower, hot water in plentiful supply.

Reception area has guides & a supply of fresh food and camping staples and a very warm welcome.

A dog guide is available from reception - very useful as it contained information regarding dog friendly beaches & pubs in the area. The site is so dog friendly that there are meadows & fields dedicated to dog exercise - one has the most amazing view across to Tenby.

Pretty walk along to Saundersfoot in the evening. Although we didn't walk to Tenby, the coast path is easily accessible & the walk is recommended.

Car park in Tenby easy to use for campervans & motorhomes - lovely boat trip to Caldey Island - beautiful spot, lovely café with excellent cake, beaches, dog friendly, scenic walk around the island, and an amazing monastery too.

Although we didn't go with children, there is so much to do in the area, and there was plenty of space on the site. There are also pigs & chickens in the farmyard.

We would definitely return here.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sue6 29 reviews from this member

A good location, yes you can walk to Saundersfoot abt 30-40 mins. A good seaside location, and plenty to choose from in the local area.

The 'Croft Field' was not as nice as the views over the bay, actually sitting among parked up touring caravans was dull. The facilities could have been cleaned more often along with the bin emptying, the shower units being slightly open to the wind elements. Really good dog walking areas. Helpful owners/staff. Would I call in again probably.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: JR03JAM 1 review from this member

This our second visit in two years. We only live 30 mins away but love this site. The facilities are spotlessly clean. Views are amazing. There is a great walk along the coastal path to Tenby which takes about 90mins. The camping area has plenty of area for children to play and also there is Monkstone beach which is kind of a private beach to the campsite although it has a lot of steps to get to but totally worth it.

It has a laundrette, a shop for fresh and local produce and they will freeze your coolpacks if you ask nicely. A great part of Pembrokeshire

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: BigLee 1 review from this member

Absolutly Wonderul, Almost Perfect in Every Way!

Where to start? Well the positives. Location is probably one of the best in the country, fab views from Monkstone field across the bay. 195 steps downhill, to the flatest gorgeous massive spotless Monkstone beach. Time it right, at low water walk 30 mins to Sandersfoot along beach or on Coastal path to wonderful village with evertything you could need including Tesco Metro and Spar, great pubs and resturants, cafes etc. Dog friendly everywhere.

Pitchs all serviced, drainage from unit direct to own waste, own water connection on pitch. Toilet block on Monkstone recently refirbished to high standard. Loads hot water, regularly cleaned. Site shop sells great local produce as well as all the basics, staff all seem to be very keen 20 somethings, friendly and a real credit to themselves and the site.

Really quiet peaceful site, enjoyed visiting the sheep, cows, and hens daily, no clubhouse here but its charm is as a clean quite farm site with a truely remarkable beach and good facilities.

What makes it not a 110% well always if you want to be critical, there is only 1 male and 1 female shower at the Monkstone block to share between 12 pitchs. 2 female loos, 1 male and 2 urinals. To be honest, you can walk upto the other blocks that have loads or wait 5 mins. Only happened once it was occupied so not fussed just trying to be objective.

Will we be back. You bet we will. Best campsite my family has ever visited. Love it!

Previous     138 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Is Trevayne Farm Caravan & Camping Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Trevayne Farm Caravan & Camping Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Trevayne Farm Caravan & Camping Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Saundersfoot      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Pembrokeshire

UKCS Meet UK Monster Truck Nationals 21/08 to 22/08
Camping available with Monster Truck rides, drag racing, wrestling, plus live music ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021