Reviews of Green Pastures Farm

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > New Forest > Green Pastures Farm Reviews

Green Pastures Farm
Whitemoor Lane
Ower
Romsey
New Forest
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO51 6AJ

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  85 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Doffy2 2 reviews from this member

We stayed for a very busy weekend at the beginning of July - we think it was probably at full capacity.

Pitches are mixed - tents/caravans all mixed up together - around the edges of the fields leaving the middle of the fields for games, etc. We had a good size pitch but had paid extra for it.

They have a separate field for larger parties who seemed to be able to pitch/park however they wanted. A brilliant idea all round.

The owners - we only met Jane - were wonderful. It was an extremely busy weekend but everyone seemed to be met with smiles and helpfulness.

Lovely surrounding countryside, but the site isn't far off the beaten track so is easy to find.

The downside: two major and one minor areas I'm afraid.

Firstly, the noise from the motorway. Nothing they can do about this. It is noisy, but it's constant so we found it manageable but did use cotton wool! Really, it depends what you're used to at home.

Secondly, the washing / toilet facilities really are inadequate. We've read previous reviews saying how good they are and we just can't equate them to what we experienced ourselves. Two showers per sex (which only produce a dribble if the other is in use at the same time) are not sufficient when there are 45+ units on site. Ditto three washbasins - no private washing cubicles apart from the showers. No electrics / hairdryers.

This would be sufficient for us not to come again - sorry! And it's not because we're particularly fussy in this area, because we're not.

Thirdly, although it's lovely not to have loads of rules as on other sites, it does mean that there were cars driving about with full headlights on gravel paths after 11.00pm.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Useditto. 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site in July 2010 for the first time and we were fairly new to camping.So here goes.

A pleasant site but somewhat of a 'Park' as itís is very flat and level and reminded me of a suburban park to be honest, and pitches were too regimented for me. Toilet block was fairly clean but inadequate for that many campers as I found out you had to wait for the showers quite a lot.

Kids tended to play in the middle of the park which gave them a little freedom to play in the centre park, close by the surrounding area was a bit sparse but we were only there for a weekend so didnít get out that much, though many areas nearby have attractions that we saw advertised.

The owner of the site saw and greeted us in but I was a little miffed as I set down the caravan feet after a 2 hours car journey, then the lady re-appeared again telling me I was pitched in the wrong place (Would of appreciated clearer guidelines of where exactly to pitch) as after a longish journey campers probably appreciate not setting up twice!

Apart from that, the benefits are that the landscape is pleasant but as I said a bit like a park, which did not add to the rural site I was really after. It was nice but not what I wanted personally in the end. Had electric hook ups and on tap water well presented and clean, plus a shop on site but small and pricey local reception type shop, so used Nearby superstore by motorway down the road.

Nearby roads were sometime a little noisy, but overall a clean tidy site, where the owners visibly seemed to check pitches whenever campers left and that was good to see.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wurzel_Col 6 reviews from this member

We had a 5 day break here ; 4 adults,3 kids, during the school holidays. Our welcome was friendly, the owners are very approachable.

The pitches were of a good size ( we had a large pitch in the main field ). We loved the fact the the pitches were flat (well kept) and the main area in middle ( all pitches are around the perimeter of the field) was left for kids to play games.

The facilities were basic but functional and clean. We never had to wait for showers / toilets even in this busy time.Experienced campers know when the busy times are and work around that, it is only a bit of simple pre planning after all. My only slight criticism of the gents was that the gap between the urinal and the wall was very narrow, so some careful negotiation of other people 'going about their business ' is required !

Jane's little shop has a few basics and doubles up as the reception, gas is available here. The opening hours are limited but once you know what they are it is easy to work around.

There are 2 sinks for washing up and chemical disposal for those that need it.

Yes, there is some tyre noise from the adjacent M27, yes there really are animals on this working farm. It is a farm, if you don't like animals, don't stay here. It is close to the M27, if you don't like a bit of tyre /road noise, don't stay here.

If you want club houses / swimming pools / kids entertainment don't stay here.

But if you like a basic clean campsite which is very family friendly,with very friendly and helpful owners within a close proximity of the New Forest ( and a 5 minute drive to Paultons park ),this is the perfect site.

We would thoroughly recommend this site and will no doubt return !

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Evie78 2 reviews from this member

Friendly welcome, clean facilities and plenty of hot water!

My partner and I spent the early May bank holiday weekend (3 nights from Friday) here and would recommend it.

With well laid out pitches leaving plenty of space in the middle for kids to play etc. This site is a nice mix of touring caravans and tents. It was a quiet site with no noisy teenagers keeping us awake.

The newish toilet block has 2 great showers for each sex and pleasant, inside, washing up facilities.

Although you can hear a slight hum from the motorway this is not intrusive and we barely noticed it.

2 local pubs with nice food within a few minutes drive.

Although this was a little far from the new forest (the reason we were in this area) I would still stay there again and travel in because of the facilities provided.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: The Jenkins Family 1 review from this member

I have not been camping since I was in the army cadets 13 years ago. This put me off somewhat and when I was asked by my in laws I was very wary on going. I need not have worried as we had a fantastic time. The site was clean and tidy, Jane and Tony were excellent, we had a problem with a teenager with a air rifle. I told Jane & Tony and the problem was resolved in 10 minutes flat.

The site is great for children and adults as the kids can play in the large open space and the adults can chill and still keep an eye on there children.

The shower/toilet block is constantly cleaned by staff and I have never had to wait for a shower even when the site was full. The on site shop has restricted opening times but you make a note of what the times are and you adjust to this.

I personally took an electric hook up lead that was too short, I spoke to Jane and she kindly let me borrow her spare, with no charge.

We were able to get our ice packs put in the freezer for our days out and this was only charged by a donation.

Jane and Tony walk around and chat to the people that like to make conversation. They tidy up as they go around and make sure people stay within there pitch, but if you go as a party they don't mind you going on each others pitches.

The welcome was warm and we received instructions and pitch locations straight away.

The pitches are level and kept in good condition.

Me and my family enjoyed this holiday so much we actually went and bought a tent as soon as we got back and booked our holiday in 2010.

Paultons park is around the corner. Local shops and supermarkets are close. There is a small paddling pool near by in a play park that is supervised and free. Testwood lakes is good for an afternoon walk and picnic. Bournemouth beech is an hour away. And there is a cracking Chinise takeaway about 10 mins down the road. You can also just drive down the road and dump you car in a free car park in the New Forest and take a stroll among the forest's and walk close to the ponies that roam around free and if you ask my kids they will tell you about the pigs as well. Longdown activity park is great for kids, as well as the owl and otter centre, the list goes on. Pop in to the shop on the camp site and pick up the various leaflets that are there.

People do moan about the noise from the M27, but we found that you hear it for the first night and you don't hear it anymore.

This site is really easy to find and for a very small fee (I think £2 for the week) you can get access to the cricket club clubhouse by the entrance to the campsite.

I have not booked for this year yet (awaiting Holiday approval from work), but will be going back for the third time in 3 years.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Greenough 1 review from this member

Just had our first visit to green pastures farm.This was the best holiday we have had in a long time.The owners were very friendly and help full nothing was too much trouble for them.The sight was spacious and very clean.
The peace and quiet made our holiday great for relaxing and it was good to see how the middle of the sight was left open for children to play safely and all the children seemed to play together.
The toilet block and showers were all ways clean with lots of hot water and we never had to wait for a shower the whole time we were there.We would recommend this sight to any one.We will be returning.

Date of Visit: September 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: HWBristol 2 reviews from this member

Have just spent 6 nights on this site. When we first arrived the site looked basic but once pitched you see it is actually just what you need!
There were only two showers and four toilets so could imagine in high season they could be busy but for us there was never a queue. They were well kept and very clean. I loved the fact that the tents were all
around the edge of the field and there was a massive field in between for children / adults to play on, this wasn't intrusive to the campers.
The site is really well located to explore the New Forest. It was an excellent and we would go back again. The owners were very friendly and they walked around checking the site a few times a day.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Marpin 15 reviews from this member

We only stayed one night at this lovely little site as we used it as a stopover on our way to Weymouth. However we would have happily stayed longer. The site had a lovely relaxed atmosphere about it and the facilities were clean and well maintained.
On our way to an Asda store a distance of about 4 miles we passed a park where I noticed a large paddling pool which I presume was free to the public there were picnic tables and benches around the pool. I also saw people walking dogs in the park.Green Pastures seems to be a very popular site and we would gladly return if we were touring in that area.

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Lisa99 4 reviews from this member

We have been here on numerous occasions over the past 3 years and we love it! It's perfect for us as a weekend getaway with our friends and their children. Always a good welcome from Jane & Tony and the facilities are clean but could do with another couple of showers and washing up sinks. We love the open field where the kids have the freedom to play and we can see them at all times. There is a constant hum from the motorway but this is so much better than the noise we experience from loads of people returning from a nights entertainment at another 'family' campsite we visited recently.

Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Toothfairyiom 1 review from this member

We (my Husband, myself and little boy - almost 2) have just had a fabulous 8 days camping at Green Pastures.

Jane and Tony couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. After a long hot 10 hour journey we were shown to the camping field and to our site- partly under the shade of trees and overlooking the large clean and clear grassy area where our son spent the week tottering and having the time of his life with other children.

We had elec hook up (no plug in shower block).

The pitches are flat, no litter, no unruly/noisy neighbours (except the odd whinny from the horses) and the M27 hum proved to be far from a problem - preferable to intermittent cars. Infact probably a bonus subduing chat from other groups.

Toilet/shower block was fine - cleaned daily, and everyone seemed to use the mop after their showers which kept muddy/grassy footprints at bay. No queues, perfect temperature showers.

Jane's little shop has the basics and all local attraction info.

If you have children we would highly reccommend Paultons Park (literally around the courner), Beaulieu motor park (much more for kids than you would expect!) and a day at Moors Valley forest park is fabulous (forest play trail, bike hire, steam train).

Previous     85 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Is Green Pastures Farm child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Green Pastures Farm?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Green Pastures Farm dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near New Forest      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Hampshire

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 09/10 to 11/10
A three day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties set in Looe in Cornwall. Weekend Camping Available ...more