Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of Pinewoods Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Wells Next The Sea > Pinewoods Holiday Park Reviews

Pinewoods Holiday Park

Open: 01/03/2021 to 30/11/2021
           01/03/2022 to 30/11/2022

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway On Site
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming <1 mile   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire On Site   No Golf   Tennis On Site
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  110 in total, now showing 51 to 60                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jezmd 2 reviews from this member

Have just spent four nights at this site and will never return again.

The overflow campsite is like the surface of the moon. The track to the campsite has not seen any maintenance for years and is even more bumpy than the site itself.

The only toilets near anywhere near are the chemical type portaloo. There are about eight loo's for two huge fields and they are in a disgusting state.

The shower block is a ten minute walk away and when we stayed it was always dirty, flooded and muddy. There are five mens showers to serve hundreds of campers. When my wife complained about the state of the showers the explanation was 'well there are a lot of people here'. Even if they were clean, the toilet and shower block would be years out of date and cold.

So, in summary, Pinewoods will give you terrible facilities and expect £30 a night from you in return. £30 for an unserviced pitch in an unlevelled field. Oh, and it was busy. We had people allowed to pitch within 5 foot of our tent.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Taffycen 2 reviews from this member

My partner and I have been staying at Pinewoods since before we had kids, and have continued to visit with our two daughters now aged 8 & 5. Up until our recent visit things have been fine, but I don't think we will be returning in a hurry, first the positives

Great location between the lovely beach and the town, which has a small supermarket, great butchers and several great pubs/eating places.

Staff at reception are always very pleasant.

The train to town which the kids love.

Nice little playground, although bigger kids sometimes congregate there

Decent shop on site, although a little pricey.

Our favourite place to camp is by the boating lake, which used to have a shower block just outside. This has been knocked down so now you have a fair walk to near reception for a shower. Also, this means there are portaloos on the field which can become extremely dirty when there are a lot of people staying there. The removal of the toilet block from this part of the site just reinforces the opinion that they care more about the static caravans than the campers, as 3 vans now sit where the toilet block used to.

I was astounded to hear from the lady at reception that the weekend price was now £30 per night! I would happily pay this if the facilities had been improved, but they haven't changed much in the 10 years we have been going there. It is especially annoying when there are sites just down the coast in the Cromer/Sheringham area where you can camp for less than £20.

The showers and toilets aren't bad, but they aren't particularly great either. We have stayed at other sites over the past few years with far better facilities for the same price.

I feel a bit bad writing this review about a site that has given us some great memories, but the people who run this site need to decide whether they want campers or not. If they do, then they need to improve the facilities for those in both camping fields

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Millyjack 3 reviews from this member

We dropped in for a 1 night stay in our motorhome and were not impressed !

We were charged £32 for pitch, 2 adults & 2 westies. Not sure what the dogs get for £3 each !

It seems we were given probably the worst pitch on the park, small in the shade and next to a large tree, in hindsight we should have asked to move as we later saw plenty of more suitable pitches empty.

The location is good as you are reasonably close to the sea, didn't use facilities so can't comment.

Will not return at these prices, far too expensive for what's on offer.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: WWLL 60 reviews from this member

We enjoyed Pinewoods for it's great location although we could not see the sea from the site, it was only a short walk from the fantastic beach with it's unusual dunes and beach huts.

A short walk away from the beach,about a mile takes you to the town of Wells Next the Sea, with bank, and a variety of shops including a small supermarket, butchers and bakery as well as pubs and eating places.

The site it's self is large and well laid out with large hot showers and washing up facilities. It caters for all types of units statics, tourers, vans & tents.

There was a mini supermarket which included in its stock local produce and cafe with comfortable seating serving local ice cream.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Janinel 9 reviews from this member

My husband and I stayed at pinewoods park in wells yesterday, one night stay thankfully, I really couldn't have stayed any longer as the toilet facilities were disgusting, I was interested to see if other people had also visited and left a review here, I can now see we are not the only ones complaining.

My husband booked in and said the staff at reception were lovely very friendly. First impressions were good, nice coffee bar modern shop, we stayed on tern in a motor home one night only on our way home. The pitch was large enough and hedged in which was perfect for us,

The beach was beautiful, cafe in car park next door,we walked round the site in the evening and were also shocked at the closeness of the static caravans, I see someone else thought they were in storage too! my initial thoughts of this being a nice site we could return to were changed on seeing the inside of the toilet block, an interior washing up room with mens toilet/showers through an arch to the left and womens to the right,

I used the toilets at 10pm at night, they were cold unheated floor appeared to be rough and damp, not very clean and outdated, sinks had a gulley running along the floor, I didn't look any further as I didn't like the idea of the mens and ladies being open to all no doors on either,

I had to use the toilet in the morning, my husband remarked on the sense of the cleaners being in there cleaning at 8am busy times you would think, I checked the showers that were in a very poor outdated state, not tiled, black round the edges, no heating, I decided to wash down in our motor home instead and wait until I arrived home today to shower, not really what I would expect when paying £25 a night!

The beach was lovely, I think its a great shame this site probably has very few returning visitors due to the state of the toilets/showers. The reception areas are modern and yet nothing is spent on those toilets which look an absolute eyesore,

We have spent many years camping before having a motor home, used rough backpackers sites in lake district, basic no frills. But I cant say I have ever stopped anywhere with toilets as bad,

Though the location is perfect for a beach holiday the facilities let the camp down, we wont be returning here, we stay at woodlands sheringham all the time, the toilets are state of the art warm clean and a pleasure to use and a lot cheaper,its a shame the owners don't update the facilities at least as otherwise it could have been a top site, a great shame and foolish as it is a unique location, we wont be going back until something is done. One night was enough, but I admit that on busy periods bank holidays this camp will be full due to its proximity to the beach and we have witnessed the queues there on busy bank holiday weekends

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Posieflump 1 review from this member

Stayed here for the first time last weekend. We booked a fully serviced pitch which was hard-standing with electric and water plus waste water drainage.

The site was fairly quiet as out of season. In contrast to the previous reviews we really loved this site. It's well laid out with a big lake (boat hire available )and right next to a beautiful beach.

There's a playground most suited to young children (our 3 year old loved it!), a small shop and has a little train which runs into Wells & back at a small cost (£1 children, £1.20 adults) every 20 minutes (I'm not sure if it runs on week days as we were there over a weekend). Our son loved this best of all and is still talking about it days later.

It is not far to walk into Wells if you prefer. They also have crazy golf and trampolines which we didn't try. We arrived late the first evening and they had a security man at reception with directions for our pitch, we were allowed a late checkout until 6pm on the day of departure for an extra £8 which suited us.

The toilet block was basic but very clean with plenty of loos. They have washing up sinks under cover in the entrance to the toilet block. The showers were hot with underfloor heating and a pull-down shelf to put your things on. I think the previous reviews were relating to the toilets in the tent field which we did not see.

The only problem we experienced was that it was very windy and we didn't feel comfortable putting up our awning due to this (after having had wind damage to our awning last summer on another Coastal site).

All in all a great site in a perfect location. We have booked again for a week later in the year.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Penny080604red 2 reviews from this member

Stayed in a friends static so we were quite lucky although parents were in their tourer on a super pitch. Toilets/facilities were not up to standard I would expect considering the cost of the site per night. Rather smelly and dirty not as clean as some sites we have stayed at.

Unfortunately they were pitched next to a rather inconsiderate father who allowed his daughter to play her music with the bass turned up so load you could feel the ground vibrating. Having said this we did report it to the security on two occasions and they came straight away to ask them to turn it down so thumbs up on that one.

We had considered taking our tent and I am glad that we chose the static option as the campsite is nothing but a field which due to the adverse weather was horrendous. The main site was also quite water logged around the caravans etc. They only have portaloos and the main facilities are a walk away particularly if you have young children. The site seems to cater more for the static owner I fear, which is a shame as it is well sited for the beach.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Samwest 2 reviews from this member

At £29 per night at the weekend one would expect fairly good facilities but unfortunately this site seems to focus on the static caravans far more than the campers. There are two fields for tents without electric hook up. This time we stayed by the lake. It is a nice spot and there was enough room for us not to feel too cramped. However if the site was full or people were not considerate when choosing their spot you could end up feeling a little squashed in as there are no pitch markings.

The brick built toilet/shower blocks are a fair way to walk and so they have put a row of portaloos on the camp field. These are very well maintained (cleaned daily) but unfortunately do not have any electric which makes a torch essential for nightly wees! Mine had a magnet which meant I could attach it to the loo roll holder and save myself from trying to hold it under my chin!

The field has a lot of potholes in the middle so beware if you have a sports car as you will ground! Around the edge is flat and fine for tents. We had a lot of rain over the 2 nights which left the tenters bailing out in the morning, we were ok as off the ground. The field does get quite waterlogged and I understand they have to close it if too wet. The kids loved playing in the huge puddles though!

I will return again to this site as it is so well situated, a short walk to the lovely beach. Cycles, canoes for hire next door and a mini train to get you into town if you don't want to walk! Just a shame they haven't invested in a proper toilet/shower block on the camp fields. Wells next the sea is a lovely town.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Meggzees 1 review from this member

Great week at Pinewoods.

Like other reviewers I was unsure of the 'first come, first served' approach but in the end there's so much room on the overflow site (The Horse Paddock), that despite it being great weather, the start of the school holidays, a very popular resort, etc, we had loads of space on the pitch. Level ground and soft enough for easy pegging.

Facilities are fine. Yes, there are portaloos; yes, it's a walk of 200 yards to the nearest block; yes, they're not perfect; yes, it's not that cheap but no complaints from teenage daughter or parents. A well stocked shop, a cafe, launderette if you need it. Attentive and friendly staff in the reception and on-site. Above all, you can get to the most fantastic beach in a trice.

Wells is a fab little town with everything you need for a British seaside holiday as well as hidden gems - no, I'm not telling! They even put on a half-decent footie match. Good food shops, chippies, pubs and easy access to other towns, villages and holiday activities. We can really recommend the boat trip to Blakeney. Excellent bus service running the length of the coast. Will we be back? Yes. Most definitely.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Bojjer 3 reviews from this member

We had a very successful time at Pinewoods.

Prior to going we got quite nervous as you cannot prebook a pitch for your tent. We were a group of four family tents with our parents staying in of the caravans. We arrived on a Sunday in August (at the start of Wells Carnival week) and had no problems finding a spot in the tent over flow field (Horse Paddock). This area is a huge area but split by 'islands' of three foot high grass so you don't feel you are in a large field but there is still plenty of space for kids/adults to play ball games next to the tent. I would certainly pitch your tent in this area and not the smaller camping area within the mobile home part of the park.

You are encouraged to pay by the day as the field is at risk of flooding-I understand rare that it happens and only after 3-4 days of solid rain.

As others have said the location is superb, right next to a beach with good walking/cycling routes.

We found the facilities fine. There is an endless supply of really hot water in the main blocks, great washing up facilities. Yes they aren't the most modern but both the shower and toilet cubicles are spacious and showers always warm with good flow. There are portable toilets on the camping field which we found okay. They are a reasonable size (each one has sink in) and they are serviced regularly.

We did not use shop on site-used local supermarket in Wells and then larger ones in Fakenham. Reception staff were friendly.

Previous     110 Reviews in total, now showing 51 to 60      Next

Is Pinewoods Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Pinewoods Holiday Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Pinewoods Holiday Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Wells Next The Sea      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Norfolk

UKCS Meet Scottish Caravan / Motorhome Show 03/02 to 06/02
Compare and contrast the latest caravans and motorhomes from the country’s leading manufacturers ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to £599 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth £1,999

Open Today's Window