Reviews of Caravaning Des 4 Vents

Campsite Search > Europe > France > Ile de France > Crevecoeur En Brie > Caravaning Des 4 Vents Reviews

Caravaning Des 4 Vents
Rue De Beauregard
Disneyland
Crevecoeur En Brie
Ile de France   (Browse area)
77610
Tel: +33 01 64 07 41 11
Visit their website

Open: March To November

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Horse Riding 1 mile   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   Tennis 1 mile
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  120 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Beaniesmum28 2 reviews from this member

Absolutely loved this site!

We chose here to be close to Disney Land (15 mins drive).

This was our first trip abroad with our caravan so we were quite nervous but we couldn't have been more happy with Les 4 Vents! The staff are so helpful and friendly, and speak perfect English. The site is gorgeous, well maintained, and the pitches are HUGE! And as there so big you get lots of privacy and room for the children to play.

The fresh bread and croissant van on a morning is an excellent service, as is the cafe on an evening - the chicken and chips were yummy!

We used the the pool and the playground and both were excellent!

The showers were ok - a bit grassy and sandy but that can't be helped as that was what the ground outside is made out of! Generally very clean and lots of hot water.

I really hope we stay here again.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Walshford101 4 reviews from this member

I cannot praise this site enough, it was our 1st trip to France and I was very impressed, as soon as we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome and throughout our visit any queries or directions we required were dealt with efficiently and politely. The pitches were huge and could have easily accommodated another 2/3 caravans on our own pitch. There was a good mixture of nationalities and again everyone very friendly. We loved the fresh baguettes available every morning and certainly used the van every day.

We ate at the on site restaurant and the roast chicken was lovely, the only small downside was the beers were rather expensive but we were on holiday so we happily paid.

Disney was so easy to get to, we purchased our tickets from the reception.

The shopping centre with supermarket was situated on the way to Disneyland n very easy to find,

There wasn't anything in the nearby village but it was idyllic and just as imagined a French village to be, I loved it.

The pool even though cold was lovely once you got in and your body got used to it, it was a welcome relief from the heat as it was very warm, my 2 children are 6 and 4 and they loved the pool, even though it was slightly deep it didn't bother them and they were still jumping in.

Were already planning on returning next year and the only thing about this year was we were only here for a week.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bertrum2 1 review from this member

We visited this caravan site for 2 weeks in July of this year and I felt compelled to write a review! I have, over the years stayed at many caravan sites and I can honestly say this was by far the best. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. All members of staff were polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

The site is very relaxed without endless rules and regulations, unlike many UK sites I have stayed on over the years. The pitches were huge and well maintained and the facilities were spot on. Clean showers and toilets, lovely clean swimming pool and a great playground.

The bread van was great for morning baguettes and fresh croissants and the small on site restaurant sold a great selection of snacks. I was slightly concerned with regards to local shops as most people who had posted reviews stated that there was nothing close by. There is in fact a perfectly stocked small shop in the next village(Houssaye en Brie) which is about a 20 min walk or 5 min bike ride away and also a wonderful bakery. There are also a few large supermarkets within a 10-15min drive.

We booked tickets for Disney at reception which was quick and easy and it's literally a 15 min drive from the site, well worth a visit!

If you are going into Paris try and go on a Sunday. We decided to brave the drive (about 40 mins from site) instead of taking the train and I am so glad we did. It saved us around 50 euros in train fares and we managed to park (for free as it was Sunday) on the street directly opposite Notre Dame! We then bought tickets for the Batobus (around 20 euros for 2 adults and 1 child) which is a boat that cruises along the Seine stopping at all the major tourist attractions. You just hop on and off wherever you want and your ticket lasts all day.

This was our first trip abroad with our caravan and we couldn't have asked for a better holiday or site! Thank you 4 Vents for making us feel so welcome!

We would definitely return and if you are reading this review prior to your visit then worry not. You couldn't have chosen a better site!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Safron 5 reviews from this member

We are a family of 6 and picked this site after reading the reviews on here and because we wanted a site close to Disney.

This site is a large quiet site, with huge pitches - it was really quiet when we were there and we got to have 2 pitches to ourselves.

The site is very well maintained and the toilets / showers are spotlessly clean.

There is a small children's playground and a large swimming pool but its very cold and quite deep - not suitable for small children and I didn't allow ours into it.

The is no shop or restaurant on site and we had to drive about 30 minutes to the nearest shop but again this is fine.

There is some noise from the flights that pass over head but in general you can go to bed at 9pm and not a sound on the site - bliss

I would definitely stay here again as its the type of site we like - quite and stress free

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Niallsan 3 reviews from this member

We visited this site in September. The Satnav directed us through Crevcoeur en Brie which wasn't that narrow but the western approach would have been better, avoiding the village.

The gates are always closed, which is good, so on arrival and departure the passenger needs to open them!

The reception from the staff on arrival was exceptional. Firstly, she had an infectious smile. She made us feel so welcome. Spoke excellent English and showed us to our pitch which was probably the biggest on site?!? We told her that we were bringing the kids to Disney as a surprise so she said she wouldn't give us any brochures as most of them has Mickey all over them! She said to come back to reception later on which we did but that lady had finished for the day. To our great delight the next lady was equally helpful and fluent in English.

I honestly can't praise these 2 receptionists enough. It makes such a difference to the whole experience.

The campsite is vast. 199 pitches by my sons count! Really well maintained. Every pitch has electric and water, to my knowledge. All pitches looked flat and well laid out for ease of access.

The toilet/shower block is spotless. Loo roll provided at door! Minor gripe for the wet shavers amongst ye. Not able to plug the sinks:(

The pool was, like many have said, a bit chilly. Only my wife myself and my 6 and 8 year old son and daughter would take a dip. I think the depth was an added factor for the 10 and 4 year old boy and girl. No shallow end unfortunately. I would say 4 ft is the lowest it goes. A man did approach us the tell us to stop using a large inflatable ring as they weren't allowed. To be fair we did know this but we were the only people there and couldn't see the harm. We told a little porky saying it was for the kids learning to swim, which isn't entirely untrue! Anyway 10 mins later he totally redeemed himself by returning with 2 sets of inflatable armbands. Another notch on the 4 vents belt!

We got all the info re directions to Disney. Also directions to the train station where we met another really helpful ticket clerk, telling us the best/cheapest way to get to Paris. We got a 'Visite' ticket which was the best option for 2 adults and 4 kids.

Not sure if this is a good or bad point. The campsite is on one of the approach paths to Orly airport so lots of low flying aircraft to be seen! Handy if you are getting up early for Disney anyway!

There is a small shop in the village that stocks the basics. No fresh bread though and we got the last fresh milk! Nice bakery in the village also with fresh bread in morning and cakes. Yum! There is a small chocolate factory in the village, that only my wife could find! The man behind the counter seemed to be getting a little tense with my 4 kids upsetting his neat displays. Saw a few daggers being thrown. Nice chocolates though, def worth a visit.

No shop on site and we were there for the last day of the food trailer that is on site for the season. Spoke to an English couple who said it was expensive though. From what I recall 4 for a large bag o'frites!

The playground was good with swings large enough for adults. I hear;). If you like table tennis there are 3 tables in a big shed. Bring your ball and bats. A volley ball court. About 5 bouls courts (petanque). The site is flat and tarmac'd so ideal for kids on bikes, scooters, fickers, roller blades etc.

Overall I really liked this site and would definitely recommend it, particularly if visiting Disney.

Hats off to those receptionists though!

Thanks 4 Vents.

Reviewer: Jason082 2 reviews from this member

We stayed for 4 nights with 2 other families after spending 11 nights on the west coast.

On arriving we were met with friendly reception staff who spoke very good English.

The site is ideal location to visit Euro Disney and Paris. We spent a day at each and a day chilling out. The gate closes at 0100 so you are able to catch the fireworks at Disneyland and still get back on the site with your vehicle.

The pool basic and a little cold but the kids enjoyed the pool.

The toilets and showers were very clean and well kept.

There is a bread van in the morning and a food van/Bar in the evening. Only used this the first night and thought it was a bit steep, but nothing else close by.

The pitch sizes are big. We had 2 units on 1 pitch and a trailer tent on another pitch.

This is a brilliant site and wish we had spent a little bit longer at the site.

Reviewer: Lindsayr2403 3 reviews from this member

We found this campsite from this website. I'm a firm believer in reading other peoples' experiences and opinions and taking comments on board - as well as reading the campsite's own website.

We had previously camped in the North of France for the previous two years and having driven to Disneyland the previous year (for a day visit - yes, crazy!) I decided it was time to stay somewhere near Paris.

From the moment I booked online for this campsite - they couldn't have been more helpful.

As we had 3 kids and all our camping kit, by youngest and I travelled via Eurostar whilst hubby brought the car. The campsite were extremely helpful in providing me with taxi numbers to call when I arrived at the nearest station in TOURNAN. (Be warned - they DONT speak any english - and I'm pretty sure that once he realised I spoke French the cost of taxi fare was reigned in a little!)

So, we checked in and waited for my hubby. We paid for the stay when we checked in and the reception has LOTS of information about local activities (including the obvious Disney one). Once he arrived, we were taken to our pitch. WOW. It was on flat ground, and the grass was well kept (we later learnt that they whizz round with a mower in between departures and arrivals to keep it tidy). Hedges were on either side and at the back of the pitch - and with a Icarus 800, the extension, two windbreakers and a people carrier, we still had room to spare on the pitch. Electricity works the same as in the UK - no adaptors needed.

Pool is chilly, but in the heat when we were there, it was great!

THe snack bar was a little pricey and we only ate a meal there on the first night (as we were tired) - otherwise, it was quite handy to BBQ some burgers etc then send the kids up for some chips.

There was also some live entertainment on a few of the evenings as well - and they also sold ice-creams and had a bar - as long as you accept it's not going to be cheap and that you can take it or leave it, then its fine!

There are two sets of toilet blocks which were rarely busy - and a decent 'washing up' area.

It was the first holiday we were happy to let our 3 roam of an evening and the first time they've really 'hung out' with news friends - it was a big site - but felt safe. Lovely. Ours were 15, 11, 8.

We also made some good friends as well - which was nice.

The wifi zone becomes MOBBED with kids on iPods etc during the day - and especially in the evenings - as it's next to the bar!

We took a trip into Paris on the train - 34 for all of us for the french equivalent of a travel card - which was a really good deal. Trains and underground are easy to find your way about.

If you go into Paris over the first weekend in the month, all the museums are free (worth a visit ) and there are lots of free concerts around Paris as well.

We drove to the train stating in TOURNAN for our trip to Paris - and my shock after confirming that the parking was FREE clearly showed on my face, as the member of staff started laughing!

ADVICE?

Well, the local supermarket at TOURNAN gets you the Basics, but coloumiers is much better for the 'hypermarket' feel.

If you are going to disneyland - BUY YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE - the campsite sells them far cheaper than at the gate - but still - for a 3 day pass at the campsite, you could get an annual pass (and that gets you free parking instead of 15 per day!, money off in the cafe's and shops as well as being allowed in earlier than 'regulars').

Clubcard vouchers can be used for Paris river boat cruises -which I would recommend.

The eiffel tower queues are HUGE - not good with small kids

Montparnasse56 is a MASSIVE tower block - which has latched onto the tourism with fantastic panoramic views - and tickets can be bought using club card vouchers too.

Would I go again?

Ive already booked! 10 days in 2013, 13 in 2014 and I know there'll still be loads of new stuff to do/try !

Reviewer: MerlinMcguire 8 reviews from this member

Most points already covered, we loved this place, the most friendly staff in 5 years of caravanning, pool is cold but it is exceptionally clean, small kids need foam woggles to swim, inflatables not allowed and pool is quite deep. Morning baker vane xcellent, think they close end of August though. On site bar v expensive, 6 euros for s pint of lager, shame as otherwise we would have spent more time there. Great feel to the site and reception v helpful, get the mobilis day pass from tournan en brie for trip into Paris, this covers return trains and metro. Also parking for Disney much cheaper at Disney village, 1 Euro per hour opposed to 15 Euro flat rate, and nearer. You can't go wrong with this site.

Reviewer: RayC37 3 reviews from this member

This was our 3rd visit to the site and we weren't disappointed. The pitches are always extremely generous and the grass well tended and in good condition. As it was only a 2 night stop we didn't use the pool but did take advantage of the snack bar. We enjoyed the cooked chicken but thought the chips were expensive at 5. 50euro per large portion (barely enough for two people).

The site is very convenient for a short stop, as it is close to both the A4 and A5. Disneyland Paris and Vallee D'Europe are also key attractions. There are lots of families of different nationalities on site but the huge pitches mean that everyone has their own space and there is little disturbance.

I would recommend the site for long or short stays but it is particularly suited to families who want to visit Disney.

Reviewer: MPB5 1 review from this member

Just returned from a week at this fantastic site and would most definitely return!

We are a family with 3 kids (9, 7, 5), a large Hartford XL tent and an event shelter.

Why did we enjoy it so much?

- 4 Vents has the feel of a family-run site, with really friendly, visible staff keen to help and make your stay as comfortable as possible

- HUGE pitches, spaciously spread out and hedged for plenty of privacy, with electric and water on pitch.

- It feels like a smallish site so not noisy and there's no brash entertainment in the evenings to disturb

- exceptionally clean site - the toilets are spotless with plenty of hot water for showers (although the toilets lack soap but that's standard in France)

- free Wi-Fi at reception

- Van selling bread, croissants, juice/milk etc from 7. 30 - 11am

- tasty meals al fresco from 4. 30 - 11pm - make sure you try the pizzas - better than Pizza Express or Zizzi!

- good outdoor play area for the kids, and a covered area with table tennis/football, and also surprise pony rides on Saturday.

- location makes for an easy 20 mins drive to Disneyland

- We borrowed another reviewers advice and drove 10 mins to Tournan-en-Brie to catch a train into Paris (35 mins direct train and free parking at station)

- Small supermarket 10 mins away at Tournan with all the basics. Or Val D'Europe shopping centre 20 mins with vast Auchan supermarket and shopping mall.

Only downside we found was the coldish swimming pool that was quite deep, esp for my 5 and 7 year olds. Kids need to be able swimmers if parents are to relax!

Other than that, a truly special site that doesn't feel commercial in any way but operates genuinely for the love of outdoor holidays! We will most definitely return here.

Previous     120 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Other Sites Near Crevecoeur En Brie      Other sites within 30 miles   -   All Sites in Ile de France

UKCS Meet Motorhome and Caravan Show 15/10 to 20/10, NEC Birmingham
All the new 2020 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more