Reviews of Woodland Gardens Caravan Site

Campsite Search > UK > Scotland > Fife > Leven > Woodland Gardens Caravan Site Reviews

Woodland Gardens Caravan Site
Blindwell Road
Lundin Links
Leven
Fife   (Browse area)
KY8 5QG

Open: 26/03/2021 to 20/09/2021

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Fishing <10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <10 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  116 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Buddyrescue 11 reviews from this member

We arrived here for the last 2 nights of a holiday touring Scotland and really wished we had booked longer, on arrival we were shown to our pitch that boasted a beautiful view over the Forth, though the majority of the touring pitches are not so fortunate. Our pitch was lovely and level, and really easy to get all 'set up' on. The site is like staying in a friend's garden it's lovely, the toilet block again is as if we were staying at a friend's house, lovely kept, plenty of hot water and spotless, as mentioned by other review lots of homely touches with toiletries laid out, and I'm happy to say no one seemed to abuse the hosts' kindness.

Around the site there are some lovely dog walks as long or as short as you wish, most with gorgeous views.

Fife coastal towns are little gems, we only had two days so ours was a bit of a whistle stop tour, we will certainly be visiting this site again, but next time for longer as there are so many lovely places to see. In a selfish way we don't really want to be honest and say how fab this site is. But trust us it 10/10 well done!

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: John+Kate 7 reviews from this member

This was our first venture in our new tent and it was a huge success.

We had one of the two Corrals and the tent fitted in perfectly (5m x 3m) with ample room for the picnic bench.

Pitch was close to the toilet block which was handy and whilst the site was full, it was still very quiet.

The shower block and toilets were immaculate and the baskets of toiletries were a lovely gesture but the best thing was not having to push the taps to get water. Made showering a joy! Local radio piped into the 'block' as well.

The washing up area was excellent too. The fact that there are bowls, drainers, brushes and washing up liquid - not forgetting the non-push taps (lol) was a real bonus.

We didn't use the Rec Room but went for a nosey. Very comfy sofas to sit and watch the large flat screen tv and a good selection of games and books for the not so sunny days. There was also a pool table and table football too. There is also a freezer for your ice packs and an ice machine which you can get free ice from.

Would definitely recommend this site to anyone. Its easy to get to and very close to Pittenweem and Anstruther which have a good range of restaurants and there is a Co-Op in Anstruther. Would thoroughly recommend Cairnie Fruit Farm which is probably a 20 minutes drive away. Service in the Café was second to none and the fruit we picked was lovely. Lots of things to do there for (dare I say) kids.

Reviewer: Monbroomfield 5 reviews from this member

I have just returned from this caravan site after spending three nights there with my husband and sister. What a breath of fresh air. This site is so peaceful and calm and the owners Jan and Craig could not be more helpful. The site is beautifully kept and Jan even has baskets with shampoo, shower gel and all sorts of ladies things in the shower block. The showers and toilets are immaculate and lots of hot water. There is a lovely dog walk nearby and the site is central for touring Fife. We will certainly be returning very soon.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Alipin 3 reviews from this member

In July myself & my 18yr old autistic son travelled from our home in The New Forest by coach to Scotland & this was the first campsite we stayed at.

When we arrived at woodlands we'd been travelling for 22 hours, as we'd first gone to Anstruther as my father used to live there & I'd promised my son lunch at the chippie.

The owners Craig & Jan are a really nice friendly couple. When we arrived I was absolutely shattered, as I'd not had any sleep at all on the coach & Craig kindly put our tent up for us, which was so appreciated.

This is a lovely friendly small campsite, it wasn't my first choice because its adults only & I like children but actually it works here. The pitches were very neat & hedged in groups.

As others have said the facilities are immaculate & the views beautiful. The Games/TV room was nice for my son & also allowed us to charge our electrics. As their was a heat wave the fridge/freezer saved our food, which we'd carried with us & the ice machine was a luxury.

Because we were on foot local shops etc were out of reach by foot, whilst my son wanted some Iron Brew & Jan gave him a large bottle, which he was very happy with.

Bus stop is about 10 minutes walk away & buses are frequent, we spent a day in St Andrews which we loved & later on went for a drink at The Railway(?) in lower Largo which is a lovely friendly pub & about 25 mins walk away.

We had a lovely stay here, my only little gripe is although we had no car or electrics we paid the same as those who did, saying that I didn't ask for a discount & its not really a site aimed at backpackers etc.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: COOPS1 1 review from this member

Simply one of the best adult only sites we have been to. The owners Craig and Jan were spot on, nothing a problem, very helpful and pleasant. The site and facilities were very very clean and tidy, and the bonus of free ice (for the vodka) from the machine in the recreation room. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if we are ever up that neck of the woods again. So it has to be a ten out of ten for this wonderful site thanks.

Reviewer: Stellamaris 12 reviews from this member

My husband and I Have yet again had a wonderful stay at woodland Gardens. This site is a true gem with its glorious grounds. It truly is just like being at home, the owners make you feel so welcome and are very accommodating. I can only mirror all of the other reviews and that is that this is a fantastic site with which is a true credit to the owners who go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The facilities are spotless and even have a washing machine for use at a small fee. My husband enjoyed spending time In the recreational room watching his favourite programme on the 42 inch tv whilst sipping his beer.

I noticed that someone has complained about children visiting the site. We have stayed here a few times now and have never had any such queries or complaints. Personal I think its nice seeing our younger generation appreciating camping and caravanning, what would this person want. The visiting children tied up outside the site. Seriously is this what we have become to.

All in all 5 star site. Thank you for your efforts Jan and Craig.

Reviewer: Nanrenn1ck 1 review from this member

What a beautiful site with very friendly owners. The additional extra's make you feel more valued. These are simple things like free wash up liquid, ice machine, shampoo and shower gel. The site was full when we stayed, however you would not have known as very quiet. Good dog walks in the area and lots of eating out options. Only one thing I would question. Its an adult only site however this is clearly not the case with the resident caravanner's who are on site all season. When we where there one person had her grandson visiting and playing in the rec room. If its adults only, then this should mean ADULTS ONLY.

Given this blip, we will revisit again and see if there are any more children visitors or maybe this was only a one of thing that maybe the owners where not even aware of.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Kld22162 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned home from a 3 night stay at this delightful site. The site is IMMACULATE throughout! The owners of the site are very friendly and helpful. The pitch we had for our tent really did put our garden lawn to shame! Pegging the tent was no problem due to the excellent ground conditions.

The owners have worked very hard to give this site a homely feel about it. We used the Recreation Room which housed a fridge, freezer, huge flat screen telly, pool table, leather suite and even a gas heater to keep us warm! We took full advantage of this room with a nice bottle of wine in front of the telly! Now.

The toilets really are something else! Spotless clean, ultra-modern and again so homely. There are several toiletries arranged in several baskets throughout the toilet block - free of charge! Lovely touches like tissues and family sized bottle of quality shampoo in the shower cubicles. Several quality handcreams throughout the block also. The dishwashing area was spotlessly clean also.

This is the first adult only site we have been to and we have to admit we thoroughly enjoyed the tranquillity of this peaceful relaxed site.

The site is situation on a hill which we thought might have presented a problem with camping - not so! The owners, clearly have put much forethought into the layout and design of this site. Our pitch (along with a few others) had its own waist high wooden fance around the pitch which broke the wind and gave as much privacy as anyone could ask for. We had our dog with us and it was perfect for him to be tethered but still remain within the fenced off area of our pitch. There are numerous short or long dog walks. All of which are very scenic and dog friendly. There are plenty shops within a short distance.

We can only rate this site a huge 10 out of 10! If only all campsites were kept to such high standards! Highly, highly recommend a visit to this beautiful site!

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Eribapuck 1 review from this member

Excellent site for touring the Fife coast. like visiting friends rather than campsite bonus adults only. The owners always ready for a chat. Have booked another visit for later in the year to explore surrounding area and all the good local eating venues. Toilet blocks were spotless and nice touch washing up liquid in the dishwashing area. The tenting area was separate and sheltered from the keen wind which was blowing whilst we were there. There was a recreation with tv, games dvd etc and a bonus fridge and freezer for your use.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Gillianodotcom 3 reviews from this member

This is my second stay at Woodland Gardens and I was impressed the first time and this visit didn't disappoint either. The site was immaculate as usual and the grass areas were like lawns and put us to shame for our we patch back home. The owners have been busy with lots of improvements to the site. There are new bigger pitches which we had number 15 and this definitely gave a much better feeling of space. The ladies toilets have been upgraded which is great and still keeps all their little touches which make it so homely. There is a new vanity shower room which I love as it has a shower, toilet, sink and radiator plus loads of room to get dressed.

They have made new Camping Corrals which is a great idea, (never seen this anywhere else so might be unique to Woodland Gardens) The tenters I met loved them as you get your own space, no one walking by your tent or tripping over your guy ropes and you don't need to worry about people 'encroaching' on your space. They also mentioned that they left their wind breakers in the car as the waist high fence gave much better protection against the wind.

There is a giant chess set which we had a game on, which gathered a small audience and there was no shortage of 'help' with my moves.

The chemical toilet disposal area has been totally renewed and it is the poshest disposal point I have ever used. (Even had a hand cleanser dispenser).

Well done to the owners as I didn't think they could have improved that much from my previous visit but they have, and some. I'll be back, might even use my tent.

Previous     116 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Is Woodland Gardens Caravan Site child friendly?  NO, this site is adult only  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Woodland Gardens Caravan Site?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Woodland Gardens Caravan Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Leven      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Fife

UKCS Meet New Forest Caravan & Motorhome Show 21/05 to 25/03
Browse the latest models, research purchases and watch expert webinars, all from the comfort of your sofa ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021