Visitor Reviews - Withernsea Sands Holiday Village ( Parkdean Resorts )

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > East Yorkshire > Withernsea > Withernsea Sands Holiday Village ( Parkdean Resorts ) Reviews

Withernsea Sands Holiday Village ( Parkdean Resorts )
North Road
Withernsea
East Yorkshire   (Browse area)
HU19 2BS

Fishing 1 mile   Wild Swimming 1 mile   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf On Site   Tennis On Site
 Beach 1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  76 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: October 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Outwellcamper 8 reviews from this member

This was our 3rd visit to the site and once again our stay was very good for the off peak price.

All grass electric pitches were found to be level and all the shower / toilet facilities were impeccable.

The entertainment throughout the day and evening is great for young kids although the bar and food prices are costly but to be expected with a captive audience.

All in all a pretty good off peak venue.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Kezarez 1 review from this member

*Booked through Sun Newspaper holidays, you get what you pay for*

Our third day here, two adults, 4 kids. We paid for the upgrade thank god! Our 3 bed caravan is fine, clean and lovely warm. Radiators in every room as well as a fire. 32” tv/dvd in the living room. Beds comfy enough. Plenty of kitchen appliances. We requested a caravan near the park so the kids could play out and I could keep an eye on them. We were right opposite, it had a big zip wire which kept them entertained for hours!

Aldi close by and a McCalls 7/11 just around the corner. I also spotted a few pubs 5 minutes away. The shop on site hardly has anything in it.

We didn’t eat on site but from what I saw it’s very overpriced for typical pub grub (£8. 95 for burger and salad!) Make sure you book your hourly slot for the pool otherwise you won’t be aloud in! The pool is tiny and not much atmosphere at all. Kids were bored with it after 2 days so we went to the leisure centre in Withernsea which has slides etc. Arcade area small but ok and has the usual stuff you’ll find on most sites. The staff around the pool are lovely, helpful and friendly, I can’t say the same for the reception and bar staff!

The town itself is rundown and quite depressing! The fast food places I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole! The beach is pebbles, not sand and it’s a 20 minute walk not 5! There's nothing in the town apart from rundown charity shops and a few arcades that look like they need a good clean. Withernsea itself is a bit of a dump and reminded me of Blackpool only on a much, much smaller crappier scale.

We made the most of our holiday and intended on chilling for the week and not doing much so it was ok for what we wanted. If it was peak season and it was our main Holiday I may have cried! Thankfully it wasn’t!

Would we return? Hmmm not sure to be honest.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wendy james 4 reviews from this member

Visiting nearby family with my two young daughters and when I finally found my pitch (wasn't shown there, never saw a warden that other reviews mention) and saw the state of it, asked my family to put up my daughters. There was rubbish all over the tent field and my pitch and the field was cramped. If my tent wasn't so small I doubt I'd have been able to be 6m from the nearest one!

After one night's experience of sleeping on the noisy site and using the AWFUL toilet/shower block (filthy, never any toilet roll, broken locks, queuing for ladies to always find it was young boys using them alone), I also stayed with family for the rest of the trip.

Took the girls swimming one day (best to book) but there's no keys for lockers, so belongings were not secure. The visit was ruined anyway by parents letting older children jump and splash the younger children in the small pool.

I've stayed in more basic sites but they were clean and other campers respected the place. For supposedly good facilities, this site was very poor.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Spike 122 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I and our son with his young family had two touring caravans and stayed there for the weekend to celebrate our sons Birthday.

After we had booked in we were shown to our pitch and was told we would have to stay on the tent site as they were that busy bearing in mind we had booked 3 months prior.

The grass was so uneven it ripped a pad of the leg of my van, and when we got to our pitch number it was that uneven the front legs did not reach the ground we had to pack them up.

The toilets were disgusting, no t roll except all over the floor, the pans did not look as though they had been cleaned for days and my wife said there was blood all over the wall in the ladies toilet.

The kids were running about in gangs causing trouble and fighting as was the teenage girls until 1. 00 am and the ball games came so close to the cars and caravans and the parents who were with them did not have the common sense to see what could have happened with a ball dropping on the roof.

We thought we would try the entertainment room, I asked for a Famous Grouse and the staff were so young they did not know what I was talking about, they said they had not got any so I had to have another make and with three pints and 2 fruit shoots it came to just over £20 I thought he had made a mistake, that was our last drink in there. The only staff that came up to speed were the reception, a young fella checking passes and the young chap who showed us to the pitch, I don't think there was any staff more than very early twenty's not that I have got any problem with that except the lack of experience.

I am not a moaning old sod I just say it as it is and I suppose that is what you get from from these large company commercial sites.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Heather1960 3 reviews from this member

Just back from this site, we left a day early, due to being extremely unhappy.

Firstly, bluebell field looked like moles have gone through it, it's so bumpy, we struggled to find a level pitch for our tent, the toilet facilities are in cold portacabins, and if you need to shower a child you'll struggle as the cubicles are not very big, and don't really fit a child and adult. If you're over a size 14, you'll struggle. There are only two water taps for the entire field, which are at the wash up area.

The site says its dog friendly but you cannot use some of the facilities if you take a dog. If you want a drink from the bar, you have to sit on tables outside reception, very close to the road, and ask reception to tell the bar you need serving, but there's no shelter if it's raining, apart from small table umbrellas. Even reception admitted they're not very dog friendly.

If you take children and a dog, you can't sit and watch your children playing, as there's no entry to the playpark except through the arcade. Dogs are not allowed as far as there.There was a gate on the outside of the playpark, but it was locked with a sign saying entry through the arcade.

And the final insult was finding out because we'd booked through Park Resorts main number, we paid more than if we'd rang the site themselves.

Will we go back again? I don't think so, which is a shame as the beach is lovely and only a five minute walk. The town has lots of shops, so can buy anything you need, but when we take kids on holiday, we want them to play safely and have fun.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Philz55 12 reviews from this member

Spent two nights on Bluebell electric. Some of the pitches are in poor condition due to seasonal awnings being down for long periods but well spaced and fairly level. Staff are friendly and Sandra makes you welcome and shows you to your pitch. Facilities are good and clean although in peak season I think they may well be over stretched. The pool looked good but not used. The big downer for me was the club house lots of kids running about unsupervised, there was an area where they are not allowed under 16 unsupervised but no one monitored this. The club definitely needs an adults only area. First night at the bar was only given change for £10 instead of £20 maybe a genuine mistake but watch your change. Second night in the bar inconsistant charging for the same round of 4 drinks then later in the night charged for a wrong item until pointed out. I also saw many short measures served. Bar staff seemed young and inexperienced. I would be very careful at the bar as prices are expensive without being over charged. Would I returrn? Not by choice. We only use this site to vist friends. Good for families but couples need to think hard about this one.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scotts dad 9 reviews from this member

Not a bad site to be honest, entertainment complex seemed fairly new and modern and the food served in there seemed quite popular.

Shop on site, although he had nothing in as he was waiting to be re-stocked after bank holiday which was over a week ago.

Usual high bar prices and entertainment thrown in.

I would agree with other users with regards to the negatives. Camping field is really uneven and hard to find a level pitch and the 6 metre rule is never adhered to. Toilet facilities really do need an upgrade and fast.

Withernsea itself looks a bit tired and downtrodden, lots of empty shops and boarded up buildings. Golden Haddock does a good fish and chips though.

Having said that, I paid £33. 00 for 5 nights with electric hookup so can't complain, although I wouldn't pay full price.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Deano2 4 reviews from this member

After hearing all the negative feedback we wondered if we had picked the correct site!

We arrived at the site and were greeted by friendly helpful staff at the reception, we were then shown to our pitch by the warden Sandra, who knows the site like the back of her hand! There had been a rainy weekend so the field was a little wet in places as you would expect on a grassed pitch, however Sandra shuffled us around to find a dryer pitch, which she didn't have to do as we had already been allocated our pitch from the reception.

The toilets and showers were clean and tidy, and showers were hot, I cannot fault the cleanliness, we arrived on Thursday and at the weekend the torrent of weekend families arrived, unfortunately one family was hell bent on making the wardens job much more difficult, I followed the kids into the shower to find they had abused it by throwing water and paper towels everywhere, of course as a warden you cannot be in two places at once! Sandra you did a fantastic job although under pressure.

We had a fantastic break, great club house reasonable food and drink, entertainment and bingo prizes phenomenal.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bungle Bear72 10 reviews from this member

Nice site which is mainly focused on statics, however the camping field which is near to all of the main amenities soon filled up on the Friday. Their is a nice swimming pool, bar and decent enough shop all on site.

The staff were only to helpful and all polite and friendly.

The only draw back was the weather and did it rain some. Be careful where you pitch as the downslope of the field got very wet.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bishy 13 reviews from this member

Just got back from a spur of the moment trip to Withernsea. We only had 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) but we looked on the Parks Resorts offers page and it was only £7 per night, including all facilities, electricity and fun passes, so certainly cannot complain.

As previous campers have said, the camping field is extremely uneven which made levelling the caravan a challenge, but we managed. The facilities were clean enough but in need of modernisation, although I cannot comment on the showers as I used my own facilities. There was a fantastic adventure playground for the children and the pool looked nice although we didn't use it.

The club was a typical Park Resorts/Haven place with the usual entertainment. 2 pints were £6. 50 so only had the one and went back to our caravan.

Withernsea is a lovely place, not commercialised with loads of souvenir shops just a lovely long walk along the prom with nice views and a nice town.

I would definitely go back for another weekend break!

Previous     76 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Yorkshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more