Reviews of Widdicombe Farm Touring Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Torquay > Widdicombe Farm Touring Park Reviews

Widdicombe Farm Touring Park
The Ring Road
Compton
Torquay
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ3 1ST

Open: Mid March To End October

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 No Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing <10 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <10 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  116 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Paulandtraceydy 1 review from this member

Just returned from Widdcombe farm and was impressed by the site.

We had a super pitch so had everything to hand.

The pitches were well sized and well maintained.

Staff very friendly and very helpful.

Toilet blocks very clean and well equipped.

Nice bar with entertainment and prices very reasonable.

The poppies restaurant on site is a must, the food is absolutely delicious and wonderfully presented and the service was second to none.

I had the best steak ever and the most tasty stilton sauce. The prices are excellent to.

There is also a small shop on site which provides the basics.

I only have one negative, and that was I wasn't allowed to bring my Rottie as this breed of dog is not allowed on site, which was a shame because he is very well behaved and would have loved it there. Having said that, I loved meeting Scooby the farm dog.

If you have a car there is plenty of places to visit and all signposted clearly.

During the weekend we visited Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Goodrington sands and torbay.

The site itself is set in a hill, so be aware of this when booking, it wasn't a problem for us, and if you have any difficulties with hills you can have a pitch at the bottom of the hill.

There is a dog field so you can exercise your pooch.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would def go again.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Rockerboots 3 reviews from this member

Very nice quiet adult only campsite, good clean facilities & friendly helpful staff, pitches were of good size & well maintained, drinks prices in clubhouse inline with pubs, entertainment ok but you can`t complain if it`s free. Like most camp shops the prices were a bit keen.

The only problem I had was filling my internal water tank in the van, the only hose fitting I had was the screw on type which is used on most sites i`ve used. On this site push on type was needed & even that could be tricky as the taps didn`t have very long spouts on them.

Over all not a bad place to stay & would again if in the area.

Tip: If you want to get around via public transport the bus that comes into the camp is ok but your travel is limited, if you go out of the main entrance & turn right onto the old road you can safely walk to Marldon (about 20 mins) & catch the no 11 stagecoach bus at Vicarage Hill. Ask the driver about cheap ticket deals (we did & saved `s`for a week & was unlimited for travel)

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Pmr881 1 review from this member

Just came back from a 10 day holiday in Devon. Was a nice site with ample space for the dog field and the pitch was OK. Could of been a bit bigger as we struggled to reverse out of the parking space next to the tent as the other tents were too close. The other campers had to watch us reverse out as to not damage their tents.

The entertainment was good but as I am quite young I got a few strange looks as they were all older than me. The site cannot really help this though

I found the toilets and showers were OK, but I have seen better but they were quite clean.

When we arrived there they were very helpful and kind.

We did leave the site after 2 nights as my girlfriend decided she didn't like camping anymore so we went to stay at her parents caravan down the road

Overall it was a good stay but there are some things that I would change.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Billybusa 10 reviews from this member

Spent 9 nights on this site. On the approach you may find that you could overshoot the entrance due to it just being past a bend on the fast A380. This site is adult only.

The site is on the side of a hill but all the pitches are on flat 'platos' There are different types of pitch ranging from non electric to super pitch, the latter we hired. The super pitch has everything, hard standing, grass, water tap, waste gully and even your own toilet ! ( only to empty your elsan in but I was tempted! ).

There are three statics which I am told you can hire. There is a club on site however I found that it doesn't cater for all adult ages but more for middle aged and older.

There are a number of toilet blocks with dishwashing sinks around the site but all of the showers are in the middle of the site next to the reception, small shop, poppies restaurant, and a laundrette. Inside the laundrette is a freezer that you can use if you label your items ( I'm assuming free use )

If you arrive through the night there is a large 'late arrivals' area. The dog walking area is quite large however I did notice some dog do - do near the mini roundabout ( very naughty ). A fish and chip van arrived one evening ( tuesday ) which I thought was a great idea.

Tents are welcome and appear to be on the upper areas of the site. The staff were really nice and usually have time to have a chat if you want to.

The site is well situated for the torbay area and access is very good with very good facilities. Agatha Christie fans will love the area. Public transport is very varied including steam trains and ferry/boat rides.

Word of warning: get yourself a road map of the area because if you try and use your sat nav it will more than likely take you down a narrow road.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Sillychipmunk 1 review from this member

Just back from one week camping here, first visit and will definitely be going again. Spotless site, adequate pitches,toilets and showers spotless and frreee, staff really friendly, on site restaurant / shop / pub / club with free entertainment

Best of all adults only, and how peaceful it was too, prices very reasonable (hope they keep it reasonable). Central to lots of places to visit, we were on pitch b61 at the top and what views you had first thing in the morning when the mist clears,

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Tonyb21 20 reviews from this member

The tent pitches are not big enough for modern day tents. Our pitch was the biggest on the site but on so much of a slope only half of it could be used. Our neighbour had to park his car on our pitch because he could not fit it on his pitch with his 8 berth tent.

The site is very regimented and for an adult only site you feel like a child because there are so many do and don't notices. Do not arrive late or early as you have to pitch in part of the crop field.

I agree the views are beautiful and the site spotlessly clean but it is very 'cliquey' site. The shower blocks are very clean and well maintained. It is located on a very busy road with traffic noise constant throughout the day and night. The shop is well stocked but expensive.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Eastcoastcamper 3 reviews from this member

What a brilliant site. Quiet but with a great location. Shop, restaurant and bar on site which is a great bonus.

The layout is great and the facilities were clean and there was always hot water. The hedges are placed just right to act as windbreaks and give you any protection that may be needed.

Good big area for exercising the dogs, and the staff are extremely helpful and polite.

All the local towns are within easy reach, and when there the weather was also a huge bonus.

We will return again.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Nicky Hatherell 20 reviews from this member

We revisited this site on the recent bank holiday weekend and whilst I stand by the good review I have previously given I would like to add that it was much busier on this visit and I felt the tents were pitched too close together.

Our friends had to put their tent up at an angle due to a very large tent being placed opposite their pitch - if they hadn't there would not have been room to get a car between them.

Also the nearest toilet block (for the ladies) had 1 shower cubicle, 3 toilets and 2 handbasin cubicles - if you think about it that means you could go to the loo and find yourself with nowhere to wash your hands! I think the problem was similar for the men but I didn't go to check!

Date of Visit: September 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mark191968 3 reviews from this member

Enjoyable place. Toilets & Showers were very clean. They had staff checking regular, just to make sure. I didn't sample the bar and entertainment as I was checking the local area. Wish I had. If I am in the area again, I will stay there again. The campsite has loads of room. Was able to pitch tent and drive to the towns near the area. Loads of places to go and explore

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Kibblerman 2 reviews from this member

Absolutely fantastic campsite for us, the web page is absolutely honest, boasting about the cleanliness etc, really up to date, dead pleased with the pitch. I especially like the way the fields are separated, so all the tents are not just stuffed in one field, no silly long walks to toilet and showers, bar was close to our pitch.

The poppys restaurant did a fantastic breakfast of fair portion for only a few quid. I'm pleased to say all the staff were really friendly and helpful, they even happened to have a notice chalkboard outside reception for any messages left for campers, this was really helpful for us as one day we needed to be notified to ring home. We really did feel welcome.

I have tried really hard to come up with a complaint about this place, struggled but managed to find one.The loft bar didn't pull a great pint of bitter, but hey, tell me a campsite in Devon that does!

Been to this site twice now and will definitely be visiting again.

Previous     116 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Widdicombe Farm Touring Park child friendly?  NO, this site is adult only  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Widdicombe Farm Touring Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Widdicombe Farm Touring Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Torquay      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Devon (South)

UKCS Meet Paws in the Park Kent 19/09 to 20/09