Reviews of Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > East Sussex > Brighton > Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site Reviews

Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site
East Brighton Park
Brighton
East Sussex   (Browse area)
BN2 5TS
Tel: 01342 327 490
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool <5 miles
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  151 in total, now showing 111 to 120                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Our site is opening in line with government guidance and we are taking bookings for arrivals from 04/07/2020 onwards , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilet / shower facilities will be open. Some communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Happyhippy 10 reviews from this member

This campsite's location is great for easy access to Brighton town centre if you don't want to stay right in the middle of the town. We managed to walk into Brighton town centre in the evenings in approx 25 minutes, and most of that felt like the time it took to get off the site itself. As the tent pitches are towards the back of the site.

Generally the staff were fairly friendly, depending on who you got, but they were very specific about where you parked and restrictions whilst on the site. It was a shame that you could not park the car next to the tent, and the tent pitches themselves were quite small, in that they were in blocks of three strips separated by a line of tree's. The top 'strip' was on a slope and the middle 'strip' was quite small in width so you could just about fit two tents opposite each other whilst still keeping with their 'not less than 3 meters apart' rule.

We felt it was quite steep, price wise, paying approx 42 for two of us for two nights.

Toilet blocks were clean, but the toilets in the tent area closed for cleaning around midday and campers were instructed to use the toilets in the caravan fields which had keypads we were not given the codes to on arrival. Free hairdryer in the toilets and plug sockets in dryer rooms for using your straighteners!

There was security on the gates all night who were very friendly and helpful and some good dog walks in the surrounding area. A Lidls shop was just round the corner from the site as was a lloyds pharmacy and a fish and chip van stopped on the site on Saturday evening.

If , like us, you prefer a more rural camping experience and are more than happy with just the basics and getting on with it, this campsite would not be for you! Its good for those looking for onsite security and designated children's play areas etc though

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Sjray 11 reviews from this member

As other reviewers have pointed out, it's not possible to book a pitch, you need to phone ahead to check availability.

We spent 4 days (Friday-Monday) at the site. On the Saturday, the tent pitches were full up though it didn't feel overcrowded. The tent areas are split into three and we chose the top area with views to the sea and marina. The pitch was very grassy and was on a slight slope but nothing to cause us problems. Being at the top, we were exposed to some strong winds but again, it didn't cause us a problem. It's not possible to park next to your pitch so there was a far amount of equipment shifting to our chosen area from the car park. Access control for cars to the site is through a swipe card system.

The site is very well maintained with the shower block and washup areas being cleaned at least daily. The wardens were also on patrol giving you a safe & caring feeling.

We used Sheepcote as base to explore the marina, Brighton town (the lanes, pier, Royal Pavillion, Sealife) and Eastbourne (it was airshow weekend). The marina is good for eating out, entertainment (cinema & bowling) and food shopping (Asda) with free parking. There are buses into Brighton from the marina.

This was one of our first trips away and the site did not disappoint.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Cherylin 1 review from this member

STAFF - were great over the telephone while making enquiries and really helpful and nice during stay, lovely people.

TOILET/SHOWERS - I never had to bring my own roll of toilet tissues as always full, they were cleaned every day and kept nice as the people traffic they were cleaning around each day I was surprised, They had the coolest driers in the loos and also mirrors, dress rooms too. Showers well maintained and clean water always hot and plentiful.

LAUNDRY ROOM - Washer very efficient low priced and good, also you are given the chance of just using the washer for a spin only if maybe you wash one or two small items or delicates by hand, the tumble drier works in 15 min blocks that you pay and that complements if you have one / two small items, for a full load it is like a home drier at with drying time on a full load.
Laundry room has 2 stainless steel sinks in with hot / cold water and an iron and ironing board set up to use very low cost and good value. I was pleased I did a wash mid week and baby items too in between and got this done in the time my teenager took a shower and done her make-up.

SITE - lovely site clean, well maintained done in good taste. Van homes and Caravans of all kinds as you go in at reception and a further 3 fields for campers, Initially there are 2 building blocks here both containing laundry room/washing up room, toilet / showers for the van/motor home etc and this zone also has a lovely little park for the little ones, there's a little path leading to the first camping field which is lit with a lamp (eve) and the toilet block here which is just male and female (cctv is operated around site) it I family and couples here and has a nice safe feel.
The 2nd field has stainless steel sinks and work surfaces in a wooden shelter to cook and wash up and is well lit (eve). This is hosed down each day and I personally liked the choice of wood varnish used on all the blocks and wooden tent area as it was a rich chestnut and looked fresh and well maintained and everything followed through with this, very well maintained.
The 2nd field I was on and it was lovely, so was the 3rd field but as I had a baby wanted to be near the kitchen shelter and close to loos all 3 fields were nice the sun rising and falling lovely where I pitched. Little happy rabbits and squirrels were lovely to see pleasing the children.

COST. Was worth every penny, not over expensive not cheap but money well spent - pleased.

AREA. Walking out down a country road 5 mins leads to a park and fields surrounding, reaching a main road with a choice to go to local shops and cash points off licence co-op, lidls and local cafe/bar/take away or go towards the Marina, Asda or catch the little minature train to the pier roughly 2.5 miles maybe to pier low cost for this very good every 20 mins, also a nice walk if you like to walk as I do a good brisk walk or cycle to beach is therapeutic, Brighton has lots of shops to get around and cafe bars etc is great. Sealife was a good day (but the toilets in sea life not nice) or the loos on the pier not nice either.

FISH N CHIPS on pier were better than harry ramsdems I have to say but the pier don't do curry sauce! Next time as ive tried both will get a curry sauce from Harry Ramsden and fish / chips at pier hahaha! I have to add my Local chippy I more expensive than Brighton so surprised by this.

There were lot of places to eat I was disappointed at an indian buffet in Town as the food was salty not spicy and a bit crusty ( I didnt complain though). I went to a Chinese buffet which was good and staff were very nice too nr St Peters Church in york place, not far from the Royal Pavillion. Also; Harvesters do a good Sunday meal nr the pier which I enjoyed.Brighton is great I loved it very cosmopolitan with a nice vibe.

There is a sandy beach 5 miles of Brighton if you want sand, From the campsite the Brighton race course is a nice brisk walk (there is a bus service too) I went a market here but was not the greatest but I think other things take place on these grounds too.Also halfway to Brighton beach there's Concorde 2 and here music events etc happen . Brighton is cool, a great place for a Holiday and I noticed not cashing in on tourists in shops as not over priced . I just never had enough hours in the day or days in the week so much to do and see and visit. My stay was like a mix of country / city and sea very lovely to have it all.

Weather was not great but despite this the campsite made camping a smooth ride as the staff were so helpful and peasant and the facilities there were great.

Brighton. My baby loved sea life (eve at 26 wks old) my daughter of 15 loved the shops. I liked everything, the city itself could do with a bit of money for maintenance etc here and there but most places do, I want to come back next year. I still haven't done all I planned and not discovered all yet as I not checked out marina or the walks that way that are meant to be lovely.Or as my daughter says 'been in every shop' in Town !

CRITICISMS.

My only criticisms are just on walking through the park nr the site and road at night if it was better lit in the evening but this has nothing to do with the Caravan park/ Camp site is a council issue . Wearing reflective s for 5 mins is all that is needed, the traffic is very slow and careful I just noticed as I am a walker with a pushchair to manage.So not a major problem.

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Michelle181 2 reviews from this member

I enjoyed my stay at this site as it was maintained to a very high standard.

The toilet facilities are kept clean and a code is required to enter. A swipe card is also required to get through the barrier at the entrance which makes the site feel very safe and secure.

The site is within easy walking distance of the marina and there is a bus stop close by which has frequent buses into the town centre.

The pitches were good sizes and the site was very quite.

There is a large playing field nearby and a park which is great for children. There is also a shop close by.

The only downfall to this site would be that it did seem a bit pricey in the high season however I am prepared to visit again mainly because of the location.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Camp outside 3 reviews from this member

Brilliant location. Walk into Brighton town centre from here, however very overcrowded with too many tents caravans motorhomes and just about everything going, loads of not very nice people in groups of singles so a bit to rowdy also cannot book a pitch!?? which seems to be daft! Toilet and shower block are very very average but again overcrowded, prices were certainly not cheap either so only go if being in central Brighton is a necessity

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Navman2860 6 reviews from this member

We were at this site for a weekend and found it to be just great.

As has been said there is a little train you can catch from the Marina area that will take you into town as will many buses. The wardens were very helpful providing a bus route map on arrival.Albeit we often walked (about 2 mile to the pier I think).

Have seen comment about no recycling. A little surprised as we found them OK.

Lots of hot water and the shower block was spot on.

The Marina is a good place to visit with plenty of restaurants, cafes and shops. There is a large Asda there also for big shops.

A tester for us is that we would go there again, in the future, and probably will.

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Rjcf 14 reviews from this member

This is a pleasant, well-maintained campsite a couple of miles from Brighton, and is quite large. The downs are one side, a housing estate - with various useful shops - on the other, and we found it very peaceful. However, we stayed from Sunday to Thursday, so can't really comment on what it might be like on a Saturday night. Everything that we saw was very well-kept.

We had no problems at all with the staff, except that when we booked, we were told that we must arrive before 4pm or there would be no-one there to check us in, so we rushed to get there, and found that the office was staffed for a long time after 4pm.

We had a full-service pitch. It was slightly sloped, such that our chocks didn't compensate sufficiently, but was nice apart from that, and the pitch was very wide, which we really liked. We had to buy an additional attachment to be able to use the water supply. No problem, the office sold them.

If you don't want to walk into Brighton, there is a dear little train that runs alongside the beach, or plenty of buses.

Something to be aware of - the road up to the site goes through various playing fields, and was always cluttered with parked cars and vans, and was sometimes tricky to negotiate in a largish vehicle.

They give you an access card to open the site barriers with and this was tricky to use from a motorhome; it's obviously designed to be used from a car window.

We were a bit surprised that there were no recycling facilities.

Date of Visit: April 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Sarah106 6 reviews from this member

Lovely site, very clean, nicely positioned pitches and beautiful views across the downs, breathtaking in fact. Lots of wildlife and fairly quiet apart from some road noise at the very back of the site.Would be nice to have a well stocked shop that sells newspapers but the site itself makes up for that.

Just two negative comments to add - it seems there are two separate sets of wardens; upon arrival we met the unfriendly and unhelpful set ! Not at all welcoming. On our departure we must have had the second set - what a difference!

Not really keen on the ride on tractor doing the rounds before 8am on a Sunday but other than these couple of points the site gets 10 out of 10 from us

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jclark2906 2 reviews from this member

We've just spent 5 nights (Thursday to Tuesday) here.

It's our first experience of 'The Caravan Club', and it didn't go too well.

We arrived Thursday afternoon and first impressions of the site are excellent, very clean, nicely presented etc. The reception staff were a little officious - two people staying in a 6 person tent for five nights was obviously quite a concern. I later concluded that they had to phone through to Caravan Club Command to get authorisation for such a thing.

After the somewhat lengthy explanations of how to open the barrier with the access card, how to get to the tent area car park, where to park within the tent area car park, and where we could pitch the 6 person tent with two people staying for five nights, they went on to explain that the toilet block for the tent fields wasn't open, so we would have to use one of the caravan blocks. Apparently our arrival had not pushed the camping numbers beyond the critical point of opening the camping block. The toilet blocks that were open needed a security code to enter.

At some point on Friday the camping numbers did reach the appropriate level, and the toilet block was opened. No security code needed either - it was a free-for-all. The celebration atmosphere continued right up until Monday, when numbers dwindled again, and the doors were locked. It wasn't the end of the world, the nearest toilet block for the caravans was only 5 minutes away - but it was still irritating.

Over the weekend we decided that the atmosphere on the site was a bit like the enforced fun of a holiday camp in the 60's - but without the fun.

There was no re-cycling facilities at all, and the information room (which included absolutely no mention of Brighton at all, but plenty on Chichester) closed at 8.00pm. The sign didn't say when it opened.

Maybe all of these things wouldn't feel so negative if it wasn't so expensive. Costs are calculated on a per tent (according to size), per person, per car, and per night basis. Clearly a six person tent with two people and a car staying for five nights was always going to be expensive!

The 'shop' didn't really sell anything useful - but there is a Co-Op within 10 minutes walk, where you can also get the bus.

There is no facility for electric hook-ups for campers.

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jcs5patter 9 reviews from this member

Stayed at Sheepcote Valley for 2 nights in September.

This site is excellent, from arriving on the Thursday to leaving on the Saturday, everything about this site was excellent.

The staff at reception were very professional and knowledgeable. The site itself is very well organised and kept to a very high standard.

I did notice that if you arrived with a tent after 8pm, you would not be able to get in to the site and would have to wait until 9am the next morning, so make sure you arrive before 8pm.

The tent field is very well kept, the washing up facilities and the showers are very clean and tidy.

Overall, the site feels very safe, offers great facilities and is in an excellent location. The Marina is about a 10 to 15 min walk away (lots of restaurants etc) and Brighton Pier is about a 30 min walk.

Will definitely be coming here again.

Previous     151 Reviews in total, now showing 111 to 120      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Brighton      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 28/06
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more