Visitor Reviews - Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Canterbury > Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Bekesbourne Lane
Canterbury
Kent   (Browse area)
CT3 4AB

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 No Shop   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  118 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Treble 12 reviews from this member

Just spent half term here. I felt it was rather expensive.

We arrived Thursday and the wardens were extremely helpful in deciding with us which pitches would work for us and for friends who would arrive the next day & Sunday.

The site is made up of a number of small areas meaning that even though it's a large place it doesn't feel like it. There are hard standings, pre-marked grass pitches with EH and then grass space on which to pitch with no EHU - these areas seem pretty informal and flexible. It's nice that all types of pitch are spread around - that's far better than all the non-EHU pitches in one area and all the hard standings in another as it really does cater to mixed-unit groups.

The only thing I'd say is that the standard pitch width isn't very generous. I have a Ranger 460/4 and a standard traditional awning. That completely filled the boxed area leaving no sitting-out space apart from alongside the drawbar. We personally were fine with that because of being with friends, one of whom was in a motorhome, so their car space was usable for one of the other cars and that left us with a great communal space.

The toilet blocks appear to be pretty new inside. There are plenty of showers/loos (I had to wait for one person to finish on just one occasion during a very busy week). Both blocks have a covered dishwash area at the back and the one near reception has a laundry and also a family room.

I can't comment on children's facilities.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: KarenAB 3 reviews from this member

Fabulous spot for visiting Canterbury. The site is quite large with a play area for children. The facilities are excellent, a new block had just been opened when we were there last.

The staff are helpful and friendly.

We have returned here several times as it is such a pleasant location for a weekend break.

Date of Visit: January 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: GPDJP 13 reviews from this member

It is difficult to assess a site on damp January days. However, the welcome was friendly, the pitches well spaced out. The toilet facilities were very good and clean.

Just a few minutes from the site is a bus stop and the bus will take you directly into the city centre. Canterbury centre is quite small but has interesting narrow streets and a good range of shops. There are plenty of places to eat and some quaint old pubs. The main attraction in the city is the cathedral and this is worth a visit. We also visited the 'Canterbury Tales' attraction - this was different and amusing. The city is full of history and an enjoyable day out even on a cold January day!

Recommend the site and Canterbury for a bit of culture!

Date of Visit: January 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Delboy1uk 23 reviews from this member

Just spent a weekend at this site for the second time and can say this is a most pleasant place to stay, a couple of miles from Canterbury with a bus stop a few yards from the entrance. Though it is a 'walkable ' distance into town it is rather a steep hill coming back, as for the site this really is a pleasant place to stay, very clean with a shower / toilet block that was kept spotlessly clean and cosy warm at all times, we were lucky and had a weekend with virtually no rain but it had been raining all week but with lots of hard standings this was not an issue, if you have kids there is a small play area and also a dog walk for your furry friends. Staff were very pleasant & most helpful, a tip for some where to have a pub meal is the Lady Luck at the bottom of the high st in Canterbury, please don't be put off by the young appearance of the pub because the food and staff were most pleasant, would we visit this site again ? Most definitely

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cranky 11 reviews from this member

Stayed just one night on our way home so didn't look all round site but what we saw was very nice. Even at this time of year everything was tidy and grass cut. Shower block was immaculate and very modern, even fold down seats for each shower. I had the same comments re wifes membership card which is not the first time at c&cc sites. I feel the same, they only have to put my number in the computer and it shows both our memberships! We also didn't get our old age concession!

Short bus ride into Canterbury, stops right outside site. All in all a good site that I would visit again.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BrumBlues 2 reviews from this member

Just spent a few days at one of the best sites we've visited.

We had superb weather, to go with a base for reaching all of East Kent (and the Channel crossing points), so this served to enhance site facilities that were everything we required. Clean and modern toilet/shower blocks; well laid out and manicured grounds; spacious pitches and good security, made our stay worthwhile.

A Fish and Chips van turned up twice a week for those who wish to use it, and the reception/shop provides basic provisions and newspapers.

Other visitors (mainly motorhomes) were friendly and quiet so the peace and tranquillity wasn't disturbed.

We'll certainly be returning the next time we visit Kent.

Excellent!

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Remus927 25 reviews from this member

This site is up to the usual high standards of the C&CC. I have only one complaint, it is that there is only one rubbish point. It is situated by the main entrance and it involves quite a walk if you are on one of the remoter pitches. For motorhomers or others without transport Canterbury is about a 40 minute walk away. There is a frequent bus service though, the bus stop is only a minute from the site entrance.

Reviewer: SvenBoy 11 reviews from this member

My first visit in 3 years to this site, although I first visited 25 years ago. I was on my motorbike with a small tent, which I was able to park on my pitch, with the aid of a stand-puck.

The shower blocks are immaculate, along with all other facilities. I found the welcome pack very useful and took advantage of 10% off food at The Fordwich Arms upon producing my Site receipt.

In previous reviews it has been mentioned that there is only one point for rubbish/litter to be left. This is not a bad thing, as it is away from pitches at the site exit. As everybody (hopefully) will leave the site at least once a day, it shouldn't be too much trouble to deposit any waste on the way out. It can also be annoying if you have a rubbish point right by your pitch!

I deliberately chose to stay outside school holiday times and mid-week because I have had many a stay on a site blighted by uncontrolled children.

There were children from Germany, France and Holland (their holidays begin, I think at the beginning of July) These were all well behaved and polite along with their parents. Perhaps it is a British trait to allow your kids to run riot on sites!

Anyway, a very pleasant stay on a top-class site, which has evolved and improved over the years!

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ranger6 3 reviews from this member

A gem of a site really enjoyed our stay here if I am really, really, really picky a slight misunderstanding on arrival. I had not taken my wife's C & C membership card and it was made clear to me in a very abrupt manner this was not allowed. My point was it does not cost me any more for my wife to be a member once I had become a member so why would she not have one. This explanation was not enough but eventually after feeling like a scolded school child all was ok.

There was no need for the reception to be like that in my opinion having driven 300 mile to get there being spoken to in a off hand manner. After that 100% improvement the sight lovely and clean as was the toilets and showers. No noise at all on our stay over the late Bank Hol Monday.

Just the missus and myself plus two small dogs great dog walk. And just a 20/25 min walk into Canterbury itself. Albeit steep walk back but if you are used to a bit of walking no problem at all. I would return here do not let the reception incident put you off this was just a one off maybe she had a bad day. Ranger6

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: R and J 1 review from this member

Well done C&C Club. Facilities greatly improved and a pleasure to use. Lots of hard standings. Always a very warm welcome. Have been using this site for about 5years and it just gets better and better. Floral displays are always attractive and colourful. The site is well managed and the level of maintenance is very good. We would recommend it to any body. The site is ideally situated for visiting the surrounding area. As motor homers we like the fact that the bus stops outside the entrance.

Previous     118 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Kent

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more