Reviews of Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > South East England > Kent > Canterbury > Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site > Reviews

Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Open: 01/01/2024 to 31/12/2024

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics for Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 No Shop   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <5 miles
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  152 in total, now showing 81 to 90                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Remus927 25 reviews from this member

This site is up to the usual high standards of the C&CC. I have only one complaint, it is that there is only one rubbish point. It is situated by the main entrance and it involves quite a walk if you are on one of the remoter pitches. For motorhomers or others without transport Canterbury is about a 40 minute walk away. There is a frequent bus service though, the bus stop is only a minute from the site entrance.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: SvenBoy 12 reviews from this member

My first visit in 3 years to this site, although I first visited 25 years ago. I was on my motorbike with a small tent, which I was able to park on my pitch, with the aid of a stand-puck.

The shower blocks are immaculate, along with all other facilities. I found the welcome pack very useful and took advantage of 10% off food at The Fordwich Arms upon producing my Site receipt.

In previous reviews it has been mentioned that there is only one point for rubbish/litter to be left. This is not a bad thing, as it is away from pitches at the site exit. As everybody (hopefully) will leave the site at least once a day, it shouldn't be too much trouble to deposit any waste on the way out. It can also be annoying if you have a rubbish point right by your pitch!

I deliberately chose to stay outside school holiday times and mid-week because I have had many a stay on a site blighted by uncontrolled children.

There were children from Germany, France and Holland (their holidays begin, I think at the beginning of July) These were all well behaved and polite along with their parents. Perhaps it is a British trait to allow your kids to run riot on sites!

Anyway, a very pleasant stay on a top-class site, which has evolved and improved over the years!

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Ranger6 3 reviews from this member

A gem of a site really enjoyed our stay here if I am really, really, really picky a slight misunderstanding on arrival. I had not taken my wife's C & C membership card and it was made clear to me in a very abrupt manner this was not allowed. My point was it does not cost me any more for my wife to be a member once I had become a member so why would she not have one. This explanation was not enough but eventually after feeling like a scolded school child all was ok.

There was no need for the reception to be like that in my opinion having driven 300 mile to get there being spoken to in a off hand manner. After that 100% improvement the sight lovely and clean as was the toilets and showers. No noise at all on our stay over the late Bank Hol Monday.

Just the missus and myself plus two small dogs great dog walk. And just a 20/25 min walk into Canterbury itself. Albeit steep walk back but if you are used to a bit of walking no problem at all. I would return here do not let the reception incident put you off this was just a one off maybe she had a bad day. Ranger6

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: R and J 1 review from this member

Well done C&C Club. Facilities greatly improved and a pleasure to use. Lots of hard standings. Always a very warm welcome. Have been using this site for about 5years and it just gets better and better. Floral displays are always attractive and colourful. The site is well managed and the level of maintenance is very good. We would recommend it to any body. The site is ideally situated for visiting the surrounding area. As motor homers we like the fact that the bus stops outside the entrance.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Alan Chilestone 36 reviews from this member

Spent an enjoyable (If sometimes cold) Easter Weekend at this site. Since we last visited in 2003 hard standings have been added, all with EHU. More recently the main toilet block has been refurbished. And what a fantastic job has been done. They were warm, showers were hot straight away, and they were kept very clean. The day we left the second block was closed so similar work could start.

On our last stay all the camping fields had names, such as Poplar Tree and Park Lane, and I thought it a shame that these had all been painted out.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Monty the bongo 49 reviews from this member

This is our third visit to this site and we have not been disappointed.

Despite the weather the ground had drained well and was not too muddy. The new shower block by reception was great, really warm, clean and the water in the shower was really hot. The shop is small but does have some basics but there is a small Londis store a short walk away.

Access to Canterbury is a shortish walk, about a mile, or there is a bus stop outside the site. Canterbury is a great city to visit, with plenty to see and do. Plenty of olde pubs and plenty of places to eat.

Had a great weekend and will be returning.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Keelere 2 reviews from this member

We visited the site first weekend in September, was gorgeous weekend during day, just wish I'd taken more rugs, jumpers etc for the nights. One of my daughters and I were freezing cold all might, whilst my husband & youngest daughter were fine.

Anyway, we are still learning, it's only our 2nd camping trip, and we've stayed close to home. The site wasn't chosen by us, but by friends, so I was a bit worried about the site as all the reviews mentioned the disgusting toilets! However we found both toilet /shower blocks to be absolutely fine.

The site itself was fine, my only negatives were that the only bins were a very long walk from our tent (surely they could put some others around? The only bins were at the park entrance!).

The bays could do with being marked and numbered, this way it would clearly mark boundaries. It seemed chaotic how all the tents and vans were organised.

Our friends booked us all together; 1 caravan and 4 tents, asking for us all to be together, however it didn't work out that way, I think they just agreed on the phone to get the booking.

Oh and the water pressure is very low there for showering/washing up. I guess the optimum time to shower was mid afternoon as the building has solar panels to heat the water.

Canterbury very close so a great location. Canterbury is a wonderful city to visit. My girls loved the play park on site, and the dens that others had created. Quiet location too.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Sue Coyle 2 reviews from this member

Have used this campsite for four years. Very friendly people who are willing to help with any enquiries.

Great walks for dogs just beside the camp. Doggie bins. Easy to walk into town.

Adequate and safe children's play area.

Basic but very clean washing facilities with plenty of hot water. Not a lot of space in the shower units but easy to sort out.

Pretty site, plenty of space and nice and quiet.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sailingsimon117 16 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 2 nights over the August bank holiday and loved it. We will definitely visit again next year.

Lovely quiet country location with good pitches & 2 facility blocks 1 old & 1 new.

The level of cleanliness was to a good standard considering row buy the site was.

The site is approximately 2 miles walk to the city centre & the nearest shop was a brisk 10 minutes walk to the local 'Londis'

Our 3 children were safe to play on & around the pitches & wanted to stay longer.

A lovely site great for chillaxing or visiting Canterbury.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Neil Mckay 2 reviews from this member

We had stayed here back in the middle of January this year and found the site to be very good. When we read the reviews for this year we very nearly gave the site a miss because some of the reviews were quite bad.

However, based on our own experience earlier we chose to stay again. After an initial issue where the site didn't return our calls to make a booking, we are pleased to say that the service, hospitality and the site proved to be a delightful experience.

I agree the toilet and shower facilities, especially in the lower block, need up dating. The reason they would appear reluctant to renovate them is because they hadn't secured the lease. Now that has been done they are in the process of revamping many areas of the facilities.

Everything was always clean and the only cleanliness issues I saw in our 5 day stay was down to site users themselves leaving washing up areas or toilets and showers in a dirty state themselves.

In the whole of our stay all staff were helpful and worked hard to keep the site in good order, the pitches were well maintained, the grass cut and all in all a cheerful place to have a break.

It is a great site as well due to its location for interesting places to see and just a short trip to the ferries.

Previous     152 Reviews in total, now showing 81 to 90      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Is Canterbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Canterbury      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Kent

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 27/04 to 28/04
All the fun of the Game and Country Fair taking place at Euston Estate near Thetford - you can even camp over for the weekend - enter our competition to win tickets Find out More

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024