Reviews of Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > South West England > Dorset > Wareham > Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site > Reviews

Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Pitches: 150 electric + 100 non-electric
Open: 01/04/2024 to 31/10/2024

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics for Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   No Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming <5 miles   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  294 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: October 2023 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Norfol 24 reviews from this member

This campsite was recommended to us by friends who have stayed a few time. The shop is good and sells everything you could want. The facilities (we were end of season so only the main ones were open) were spotless, great showers, cubicles with sinks. Auto lighting could stay on a little bit longer, Iím pretty quick going for a wee but they still turned off!

The washing up area was very good and the dog wash area looked very good!.

The free WiFI was welcome and worked where we were.

Personally I think the pitches are a bit small and I prefer a few trees and hedges around rather than a big open field but that is personal preference.

Lots af great things to do from the site, walk to Corfe castle or Wareham - both lovely walks. The woods by the site are lovely too. Fantastic countryside.

Buses are easy to get from just outside the site. Loads of peacocks wandering around that arenít bother by people or dogs.

Date of Visit: September 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 6 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Alanbe 1 review from this member

The only thing that we felt could be an improvement would be an indication as where to park on arrival to check in.

Other than that all was fine, site and amenities all well kept, enjoyed our stay very much.

Date of Visit: September 2023 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Alahol2 23 reviews from this member

This was a family return to camping after a 5 year or more break and a first trip for our 2 year old grand daughter. Just out of the school holidays so the site was starting to empty out and the 'extra' facilities (entertainment, catering) were running down.

This was ideal for us, we prefer 'quiet', and our granddaughter who had acres of empty space to run around.

The on site shop was ideal for the few bits of kit and food that we had forgotten. Phone charging cabinets were a very welcome innovation.

Other facilities on site were clean and well maintained.

Our pitches in the Top Field were flat and the grass was well kept.

The animals on site were the highlight for our granddaughter, running off to visit them at every opportunity.

A visit to Studland Bay beach, where we spent most of the day, was brilliant, warm and sunny.

The steam train, from just outside the camp, through to Swanage was great.

A riverside fish and chip dinner was a great way to round off a shopping trip to Sainsbury's at Wareham.

Overall, we had a lovely short holiday we would thoroughly recommend the site, especially outside of school holidays, and for those with toddlers.

Date of Visit: August 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Iancou 1 review from this member

My wife and I, along with our 3 year old Spaniel had 2 very enjoyable nights at Norden Farm campsite.

I love camping - my wife doesnít and rarely comes with me. However, even she enjoyed the great location, campsite shop with everything we needed ( and lots we didnít but couldnít resist), the peacock wandering around and very good facilities.

Iíll be back, as will my spaniel - my wife, well letís see. Top rated site.

Date of Visit: May 2023 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Group
Reviewer: HospitalWorker 51 reviews from this member

What a lovely campsite with excellent facilities and buses that run from just outside the entrance to Swanage, Poole and beyond.

Itís in a beautiful setting and very peaceful with lovely walks nearby. We walked to Corfe castle through a footpath and across a field. It was an easy walk for us but probably not so good for those with reduced mobility.

The shop is well stocked and the toilets and showers are excellent as is the washing up room.

We are returning next year so shows that we liked it enough to return.

Date of Visit: June 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Rcoles 1 review from this member

Absolutely lovely campsite, full of animals, play area and ball area.

Toilets and showers very clean and a very well stocked farm shop and dairy dispenser ( my son said the milkshake was amazing )

Would definitely come again and recommend to friends and family.

Staff were very friendly 😃

Date of Visit: June 2023 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Natsbequiglibum 8 reviews from this member

Back at Norden Farm again, this is a lovely place. I have been coming here since 2017 and always have a good time.

The facilities are constantly improving and are well maintained. Best showers I have found.

Look forward to returning next year.

Date of Visit: April 2023 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  With friends
Reviewer: TimCESmith 70 reviews from this member

We had a group of three very generous, flat pitches on the Pond field. The clay underfoot was claggy with rain but held pegs nicely. The views are beautiful, though the castle is hidden behind the big ridge to the south.

There's plenty of interest on the site with farm animals, peafowl etc; the very extensive shop and sound catering options mean you can get the fire pit lit early and veg on site with no real need to leave.

Wareham has a usable Sainsbury's if you need other supplies.

Facilities are excellent - no push buttons anywhere - and kept very clean despite the worst efforts of fellow campers. EHU points are quite a distance from some of the pitches, so you will likely need an extension if using a standard 15m cable.

The management is efficient without getting in your way, and the sound curfew was well observed.

We would definitely use Norden Farm again.

Date of Visit: September 2022 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Kyashi 1 review from this member

Went to Norden Campsite as my first camping experience in about a decade as a solo camper mid-September (over the Queen's funeral). From the get-go the team at Norden made sure that I was good, that I was set up okay, that I was warm enough (as the nights had just turned cold), recommending me things to do in the local area, telling me the site's history, and honestly as a solo female camper made me feel so safe!

I had originally booked for a non-electric pitch in the top field but due to it being end of season they had shut that part early so I was in the campervan sections with barely a handful of other tent-campers. Initially I was a little upset as my pitch was right next to the bins but they were emptied so frequently that the concern I had was snuffed out pretty quickly.

The cost was probably a little steep for a non-electric pitch but I di technically end up on an electric pitch (although I didn't use the hook up) but I felt paying a 'premium' was worth it considering the facilities of the site and the site owner's attentiveness.

The site has free freezers and fridges and even lockers for charging laptops/phones/portable chargers - I really liked this feature of the site so I didn't waste money buying ice when I just rotated my ice packs in the freezers.

The showers and toilets were cleaned daily and were really well kempt, showers with warm water was fantastic!

The site is a working farm so it was quite busy from the early hours, which could bother others but was fine for me. The shop was really well stocked, food, camping gear, alcohol, ice, firewood and rental facilities for fires etc, even if it was a little on the expensive side, you pay for the convenience!

The site has a milk vending machine but I didn't get the chance to use but looked pretty cool, and food huts open for lunch/dinner if you're not interested in cooking yourself.

As I went during term time there wasn't many kids about (other than Sat-Mon due to the Queen's funeral giving us another bank holiday) but there are farm animals and a couple of playgrounds for kids and it seemed relatively safe, my only concern would be kids messing about too close to the working farm but that's the parent's concern!

Overall, couldn't have had a better experience for my 'first' camping adventure on my own! :D

Date of Visit: August 2022 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 21 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: AdenG1 14 reviews from this member

I think that the fact that I come back to Norden Farm every year is an indication of how much I love this site. Pitches are well-spaced and flat but you aren't in regimented lines like you are on many sites.

The on-site shop is really good with high quality produce without over inflated price tags. I have been coming to the area for over 50 years but I still manage to find new places to visit every year.

The on site food offering was good - everything is freshly cooked and you can get breakfast and evening meals - perfect when ou arrive or when you are packing up and don't want the hassle of cooking and washing up.

Corfe castle and the steam railway station in Norden are both a short walk from the site. I got the train to Swanage and back a couple of times for a relaxing trip.

Blue Pool is a short drive (longer walk) and is a lovely nature reserve for a walk. It also has the best tea room I know of and their cream teas have to be tried (their shortbread is extra special too)

Previous     294 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Wareham      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 27/04 to 28/04
All the fun of the Game and Country Fair taking place at Euston Estate near Thetford - you can even camp over for the weekend - enter our competition to win tickets Find out More

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024