Visitor Reviews - Doe Park Caravan Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > Co Durham > Barnard Castle > Doe Park Caravan Site Reviews

Doe Park Caravan Site
Cotherstone
Barnard Castle
Co Durham   (Browse area)
DL12 9UQ

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 10 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 No Beach   Watersports 5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  144 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mr Fussy 1 review from this member

A beautiful site where a working farm has diversified in to tourism. We stayed at this site for just one night and it is high up on our list to return for a longer stay. When we arrived about 19:15 the reception was closed but there was a whiteboard outside giving us our plot location so not a problem at all. The farmer who lives in a house very close to the site was very hospitable and helpful and showed us around a shortcut to the village and we followed the path which took us about 10 minutes to walk to a lovely pub called the Horse and Hounds where the food and drink was fantastic. The site is split into paddocks which make it seem much smaller than it actually is and there is a toilet block on the two paddocks nearest to the reception which are spotless and warm. The toilets are spacious and free to use but there is a 20p charge to use the showers so you need to make sure you have spare coins but only one coin is enough to give a very long shower. The site is dog friendly and well-behaved children are also welcome. The site is still really quiet and the sounds of the night include owls hooting with lovely fresh and clear air to breathe. There is a good bus service nearby so visits to local attractions such as Barnard Castle are within easy reach without you having to worry about driving or parking.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Stevewin999 3 reviews from this member

Well had to check this out after reading the reviews, and believe them all guys! This was a very well spaced out site that offered a quiet serene stay, just sorry it was only one night this time. The staff could not have been more helpful and offered a few choices to put our American RV. For all we are self sufficient I had a good nose around the facilities which were spotless. The only thing I could comment on is that there didn't appear to be much for kids, but being selfish and having no kids suited me. Short walk into the village and that contained two pubs, one was the locals real pub The Red Lion and the other was smart, friendly and did a good selection of meals. Sorry forgot the name but only within 50 yards of each other. Will I visit again? I sure will well done Doe Park, good value as well compared to a lot of sites I have stayed on.

Steve

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DEANO3528 11 reviews from this member

What can I say about this site that hasn't previously been covered? Not a lot I suspect, but I can simply give you a brief 'feeling' I got during our unscheduled but very welcome 2 nights at Doe Park.

We bought our latest caravan on Good Friday near Consett after a nightmare trip up from Suffolk due to traffic.

The original plan had been to drive halfway back down to the Dirty Duck but to be honest all I wanted to do, once we had the 'van on the back, was to find somewhere to have a chill. The people we bought from were very helpful and managed to get us a booking for the night (despite it being Easter)at Doe Park. We were told as it was getting late the reception would possibly be closed so they just gave us the pitch number and the name of the area, and when we arrived, there was a message on a wipeboard with all the details we req'd.

The pitches seemed massive with hardstanding which my large t/a fitted easily. We enjoyed the remainder of the evening so much that first thing (for me at least) I popped into the reception to pay and asked if they could spare an extra night. The owners couldn't have been more helpful and even told us we wouldn't have to leave before midday on the Sunday, which was great! We had a lovely walk around the site and along the dog walking route and ended up down by the river which was beautiful in the afternoon sun. We came out by the bridge and walked back to the site by the road which was a distance of just over half a mile. From reception we bought some of the local ice-cream for dessert which was lovely. The toilets and showers were spotless although we didn't use the showers as I don't see the point of buying a 'van with a shower and not making use of it. Rubbish bins were collected each morning from a communal area and there were two elsan and waste points. Pitches were level E/W but we had a bit of a slope N/S. I just had enough adjustment on the jockey wheel.

I would thoroughly recommend this site for it's cleanliness and the attitude of the owners who couldn't have been more helpful or cheery. Thanks guys for a great couple of nights

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Puddingface 3 reviews from this member

Lovely site with very friendly staff, the grounds were kept immaculate. Plenty of room between each pitch and a very relaxed feel to the whole site. We stayed for 10 nights. The weekends were very busy with some seasonal pitches scattered in-between the short stays.

The toilet block we used was modern, clean and warm although you did have to pay 20p for the showers which ran for about 10mins, always hot water available. The fish and chip van visits the site on a Thursday.

There are many places to visit in the area Barnard castle is lovely there is a Morrison's supermarket, you have to pay to use in the car park. (no refund when you shop ) Farmers Market on a Saturday.

The site offers river fishing but this is more favorable to fly fishing than course fishing, much to my husbands disappointment. The river is not easily accessible.

Plenty of walks around the site.

We really enjoyed our stay the weather was not kind to us and we ended our stay a day early to get home to Bristol before the heavy winds came,

We would definitely recommend this site.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Missprimmy 4 reviews from this member

On arrival we were shown around all available pitches by a friendly member of staff, and were able to choose which we preferred. We chose a pitch near to the entrance/reception and the wonderful old farm house; and also close to one of the amenity blocks. To be honest, it wouldn't have mattered which pitch we were on as they are all lovely. Electricity is 10amp, so had to trip the switch a couple of times! There are no fully serviced pitches.

The site is very well kept, with nice little touches such as flower tubs, bird feeders etc.

Toilets/showers are a little dated, but very clean. Showers cost 20p but last a good 10 minutes.

Nearby Barnard Castle is a lovely town with lots of shops. Middleton-in-Teesdale is very quaint!

We will definitely visit this site again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Flashgordon 14 reviews from this member

What more can I add that the previous reviewers have not mentioned. My wife and I have only just returned home from a four night, Monday to Thursday stay at Doe Park. First, the plus points. The large, generous proportions of the hard standing pitches, the spotless facilities, the friendly, helpful and efficient staff and not forgetting the marvellous views of the surrounding countryside which can be seen from the Park. It's close proximity to the nearby village of Cotherstone, albeit a short and steep road hill to climb if walking. The Bus stopping outside the site, hourly, and even a mobile Fish and Chip Van on a Thursday evening, their produce is to die for and at reasonable rates.

The Down points, None that I can think of. A wonderful site which we will certainly be returning to and if it is maintained in its present condition, will be a delight to re-visit. The only mistake we made was booking for just four nights, not nearly enough time to see all that the area has to offer. No hesitation in awarding all 10's.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Xl250alan 4 reviews from this member

Really good site with the friendliest staff, it was amazing. Plenty of room and a very relaxed feel to the whole site. The toilet block we used was modern, clean and warm although you did have to pay for the showers which I find mildly annoying. There are plenty of things to do in the vicinity although some of the roads are a little narrow and twisty. Not much for young kids to do on site but we found a fantastic playpark in the local village and the kids spent ages trying everything. If I were in the area again I would return without any reservations at all. Really really friendly staff.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Frogfarmer 2 reviews from this member

This is my first site review, it's just not something I normally do, if I like a site I go again, if I don't I don't. If you see what I mean! But me my partner Jo and our 2 lovely labs absolutely loved this site. The 2 ladies in reception were lovely, really nice and friendly, the toilets/showers were spotless and the whole site was just perfect. If you are dog lovers like us, there are great dog walking areas, just through a gate on site and free doggy bags!. The village is a short walk away and there's a great pub that does lovely food. There are loads of lovely walks nearby and you are only a short drive away from the beautiful high force waterfalls and the lovely village of Middleton in Teesdale is just down the road. Its a lovely area and if you fancy a peaceful fantastic place to stay, this is the place. Rob&Jo

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wisewoman 2 reviews from this member

Very easy to book.

We'd booked for Friday through to depart Sunday. Easy to find. Very friendly, very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Toilets & showers were clean, plenty of soap and toilet roll. The pitch was very well maintained and BIG! There was lots of room between us and our neighbours and didn't notice any vehicles going in and out. The site was immaculate and orderly. There is plenty of space for kids to run around as there are two big fields and plenty of places to take the dog for a walk in you have one. The price for the weekend cost us 36. 00 and some pennies. We will definitely visit this site again as the amount of places to visit from here is in abundance. The only thing probably missing would be a small play area for kids, a few swings, roundabout, slide that sort of thing, but that's only from a parents' point of view. Well done to the owners, you must have worked tirelessly and it shows.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Motley 26 reviews from this member

This will be the third review I've left for this site, but in my opinion it's worth a hundred!

Still one of the nicest and cleanest site we've stayed at.

Two changes worth mentioning. There is now a fish and chip van uwhich visits on a Thursday night, with cod to die for!

And the village shop which is a 10 to 15 min walk away has reopened and sells all the necessities.

Can't praise it enough.

If you're here on a nasty day weather wise, have a run out to the Tan Hill Inn, the highest pub in England. The ride up to it is amazing, whatever the weather.

Previous     144 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Co Durham

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire