Reviews of Kloofs Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > South East England > East Sussex > Bexhill On Sea > Kloofs Caravan Park > Reviews

Kloofs Caravan Park
Sandhurst Lane
Whydown
Bexhill On Sea
East Sussex   (Browse area)
TN39 4RG

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Open: 01/01/2024 to 31/12/2024

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   Holiday Homes for Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <5 miles
 Kids Playground   TV Room   No Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming <5 miles   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  190 in total, now showing 101 to 110                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Famof4 9 reviews from this member

Wow! have just returned from a lovely weekend break at Kloofs. What a fantastic, peaceful site.

We decided very last minute 5. 30pm on fri to make the most of the nice weather and go camping. Being a late decision we didn't want to venture to far so after a quick search on here we decided to give this one a try. On telephoning we were told our pitch number and given directions and told to pitch straight up and settle in the morning as the reception was closed when we arrived.

All pitches have ehu and is included in the price although we didn't use ours. Each pitch also had its own picnic bench which came in very handy and a brick built bbq stand for disposable bbqs and a water tap. Bins where also not to far away and were emptied every morning. Our pitch was average size and been as we didn't have anyone on one side of us we had plenty of room.

The kids play area is well looked after and my two boys age 2 and 7 enjoyed playing in it. The reception shop was manned by a lovely friendly lady who was very chatty and friendly and made us feel most welcome. The shop is well stocked with everything you might need and reasonably priced too, a good range of camping equipment, bbq meats, juice, coffee etc as well as kids pocket money toys and sweets, ice creams etc. There is a tesco express, co-op, fish and chip shop (which was nice)etc 5 mins drive away in the village of little common. There is also a little indoor seating area at reception, and a selection of books, puzzles, games and a few kids bits to borrow. We borrowed a couple of the children's books to read together in the evening.

Both toilet blocks were exceptionally clean at all times. The top being the best I have ever seen. I used the family shower room for myself and 2 boys and found there to be plenty of free hot water and lots of space to get myself and them ready without getting in each others way. They also have a laundry room with all you need and ironing board however I did not need to use any of these. The washing up facilities are also very good and both undercover. Never had to wait for sinks, toilets or showers throughout our stay.

To conclude I can not recommend kloofs high enough the site is so well cared for in every way and we certainly will be returning again for many more weekends away. Well done to all

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Jvc100 34 reviews from this member

We had visited this site before and knew where we wanted to be pitched. I had put this on the booking, on arrival I discovered that the pitch was not available and had been put on a different pitch. As this was a very cold Easter weekend I had the pick of the lower field. We settled on a good pitch near the lower toilets. I was a bit cross as the good hard standing pitches had been given to the all season vans that mostly stood empty.

The site is nice (hence why this was our second visit). Large pitches, kids play area, felt safe, field for exercising dogs, Staff very good, picnic tables on each pitch, BBQ on each pitch, waste water and own tap.

It only has two issues, which are easily fixed.

The biggest is the bottom shower and toilet block. It was a very cold Easter. The unit looks good:

Drying area
Pet shower
2 showers
2 unisex toilets (one with a child toilet & one with a bidet)
Urinals
Washing machine
Shaving sink - unisex

However

No hot water on the sinks
Only one cold tap worked in the whole area
No working showers (weren't working on last visit)
No hot waster to the sink in the bidet cubical.
Toilet always blocking with minimal use.
Poor design, there has been a lack of thought into its use; there should be more toilets, working Showers and sinks. With less drying areas, pet showers, bidets and big person & little person toilet in cubicles. I am also not sure on the unisex idea.

The worst thing of a night was the lighting or lack or it. Two small LED solar style lights that would struggle to light a path let alone a utilities block.

The upper block was very good, heated, gents & ladies separate, large showers and very clean. But this is a walk uphill from the lower field with poor lighting, where it seems the tourers have to go.

Lighting on site is a big issue. I was caught out wih the onboard toilet at 22:30 at night. I had to empty it into the chemical toilet area. None of the lights were working in this area, it was pitch black.

I enjoyed my stay, but for the price I would have expected the lights ont the chemical toilet area to work and hot water in the lower block, with working showers.

I would return to this site, if the bottom block was working. I would be concerned on a busy weekend if the facilities would cope.

I would have given 10 out of 10 if the lower block was to the standard of the higher block and the lights worked.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Alfiemoons 1 review from this member

I have just returned from a lovely weekend at this park.

Upon my arrival late evening on the Friday I was greeted by the Warden, she could not have been more welcoming, professional, how warming this felt. What a pleasure. Her husband assisted me to my pitch was more that happy to help me, and offered his help with the awning with out having to ask.

They appear to be the only wardens on this site and appear to have great rapport with the seasonal folk who could not say more about them.

The park is stunning and has been well maintained by the staff. The showers in the lower block are very clean, the bins are cleared on a regular basis.

It will be nice to see them on my return visit.

Thank you for making my families stay so enjoyable.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: JAX25 3 reviews from this member

Just home from 10 days at Kloofs Park. Lovely site, quiet, clean and safe for children. The showers and toilets were clean and never overcrowded and with the extra touch of paper bath mats to use in the showers, lovely! Plenty of room in shower cubicles could easily shower with your children at same time. Surrounding area's easily accessible from site, 25 minutes to Eastbourne, an hour to Brighton. Would definitely return even though it was an 8 hr drive for us, it was well worth it.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Cp2001 1 review from this member

Just returned from a three night camping trip at Kloofs and have to say that we were so pleased with the site. The park was obviously very busy as it was the jubilee weekend but we did not have to wait to use the spotless showers/toilets in the main block.

We were surprised that previous reviewers commented on there being no hot water in the 'Lower Block' as there was hot water for dishwashing and wash basins, it was only the showers that had restrictions on the water and the low level lighting at night was for environmental reasons. This was made very clear from the signs within the block.

Overall this site was of a very good standard, the staff were friendly and helpful, the shop was surprising well stocked, the pitches were a generous size and mostly private (with brick bbq and picnic table which was very handy!)and most important the shower/toilet block was warm and clean!

We will definitely be returning to this site in the future.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Tomoliharri 4 reviews from this member

Traier holiday over the Jubilee BH weekend with 3 boys aged 7, 6 & 3.

Wow what a fantastic clean and friendly campsite. The approach driveway has the feel of a continental campsite with it's beautifully landscaped gardens. On arrival staff at reception, located inside the well stocked shop, were most welcoming.

Our grass pitch was level and well maintained, with electric and water close by. We even had the added bonus of a wooden picnic table and bbq stand.

The site has had a recent addition of a lower toilet/shower block that has an eco-friendly feel about it. Made from pine with natural lighting these facilities were excellent and weel maintained. Our young boys appreciated the smaller children's toilet and urinal, meaning they could take themselves to the toilet, very handy indeed!

There is a small play park with a climbing frame but rather basic other than that. This did keep the boys amused though.

The location is great, with both Eastbourne and Hastings a short drive away. Within 1 mile is a Tesco Express and a Hungry Horse pub if you fancy a night off from the cooking.

All in all a very child friendly, family run campsite, clean, tidy and easily deserving of the 5 ***** recognition this site has.

The Greensmith's will be back again to visit this site, our children have told us!

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Yachtmasteruk 5 reviews from this member

Stayed here on Easter Weekend, following a nightmare where we discovered that a booking we had made at another nearby site turned out to be on a very sloping tent pitch where we would have been totally unable to level our twin-axle!

Fortunately Kloofs were able to fit us in on a full-service pitch (due to a cancellation I believe) and we had a ball. So much so that we are going back on August Bank Holiday weekend so we can visit the Medieval Weekend at Herstmonceux Castle with the grand-children.

As previously reported, the facilities are clean and well presented, the wardens are lovely and the site is pretty, tidy and above all, quiet!

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Di+Glyn_W 20 reviews from this member

Okay, first things first. If arriving at Kloofs from the north, do not be tempted to take the route via Peartree Lane; it's just about wide enough for two cars to pass in three or four places, so taking a 'van down there would be a nightmare! The route via Sidley takes about 15 minutes extra, if that, and provides a completely stress free arrival/departure!

This site has been significantly landscaped since we were last here (about 6 years ago!), and very much for the better. There are a number of hardstandings and semi-gravel pitches for tourers, but still plenty of grass for tents. Most pitches are separated from their neighbour by small hedgerows or planters. Whilst the Paddocks are sloping, most pitches are levelled by way of low terracing. Drainage is good, so despite a fair amount of rain falling we only had any issues with mud round the entrance to our awning (which we could have avoided with a bit of forethought!). I think it would have been a touch crowded if the site had been full, but it wasn't, so we had lots of space to enjoy! There is a small, but well equipped, children's play area ideal to keep kiddies busy.

Pitches are a reasonable size, and most are serviced for tourers. Having said that, we only had EHU; this brings about a whinge I'm afraid. There are no water service points available for general use; we had to fill our water from another (fortunately empty) pitch, and then empty our waste on a different (fortunately empty) pitch. It was rather bizarre. We asked the wardens, who were equally as perplexed; they were working here for the first time, and it was an issue that hadn't been raised before.

There is a 'new' toilet block in the lower field, which is ideal if you don't fancy a walk up the hill. However, there is no hot water, and no lights, so be careful after dark! There are showers, but we were warned by the wardens when we arrived that they were faulty and the 'man that can' couldn't (fix them) until after the Easter break. There was, however, a sign nailed across them saying that they were closed for the summer season, so not sure what is going on there. You can empty toilet cassettes here, but there is no tap to fill and rinse, so remember to either take a container to get water out of the block to use, or prepare for a walk to the top block!

What is very handy in this block is a doggy shower, without which we would have been scrubbing dirt out of our van all week, and a drying space for towels etc. There is also a dishwasher, which we didn't use, as it costs £4; we did all our washing up in our van as it's a bit difficult to wash dirty plates and pans without hot water.

The 'upper' facilities are much better - hot water, and lots of it. Only three male toilets, cubicles and showers (push button, but no limits), but we never queued. The ladies had about the same, but my good lady cannot remember whether it was 4 or 5! Having said that, everyone seemed to leave the day we were arriving, so site only about a quarter full. Facilities always very clean and warm, with large shower cubicles. Also had washing machine and tumble drier, plus plenty of space for washing dishes and preparing food. These facilities definitely get a 'thumbs up'.

The wardens, Glyn & Gloria, were top notch, they couldn't be more helpful. We did ask for a different pitch to that allocated when we first arrived, and Glyn walked down with us, and then walked round the site, checking which ones were free to use, and which ones weren't. In the event, we ended up staying on the allocated pitch (yes, I know, awkward), but not a grumble from Glyn, and both stopped for a chat whenever they saw us throughout the week. Really cracking service.

Would thoroughly recommend a visit to the village of Battle nearby (scene of the Battle of Hastings), with a walk round the Abbey.

With a couple of minor gripes about the lower toilet block, and water point situation, we would thoroughly recommend this site. The small shop sells some essentials, but there are plenty of shops, restaurants, pubs and takeaways locally if required. If walking is your thing, there are walks in abundance nearby, or plenty of things to do within a reasonable drive from the site, including a good bit of coastline.

The site itself is well presented and kept, and it's just a shame about the minor issues mentioned above.

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Campy124 11 reviews from this member

Stayed here after a recommendation. It was a bank holiday so quite full and cramped. I found the pitch quite small for my unit but nice to have water and drainage on it.

The lower toilet block which was raved about was a disappointment due to dim lighting, no hot water, one adult mens urinal and showers closed.

The thing I could not understand was why have laundry, dog shower, mens, womens toilet and showers, dish washing and baby changing all under one roof in an open space? I was washing my dishes when a lady changed her babys nappies right next to me!

The top toilet block worked and was spacious but everything is set to minimum, 10 second shower between each button press and 6 second hand drier. That's if you can find anything in the dark.

The staff are nice, its very tidy but the shops fridge wasn't working so no BBQ meats on sale. Nice countryside and clean beaches nearby. Would come back for the beach but not for that toilet block!

Date of Visit: February 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Siloans 16 reviews from this member

The two reasons for choosing Kloofs caravan park one it has some great reviews and open in February

And the second that Sussex is a very nice area to visit.

Sussex has so much to offer castles, history and some beautiful countryside to explore

This area will be visited by us again but not this site.

Ok 1st things 1st most of the reviews which we read are a very good guide to our choosing places to visit followed by a phone call to check just what the site is like and get a feel for the people who own or run them.

Due to our bad choice in December we made sure we would get a hard standing pitch & guess what we did not get one what we got was grass with a plastic mesh underneath.

Too late to go home so letís make the most of it.

On arrival no sign of the friendly help as others have mentioned I got a man at the end of a phone telling me to find a pitch on the left down the path. Ok had worse

Most of the site was covered in Ice/snow so could not get water from the fully serviced pitch no oneís fault.

Day 2 no sign off a visit from anyone to see if we were ok (not what I would have expected)

Shower were very nice the push button type the furthest one from the door last 6 second between pushes only used that one once told staff.

Very clean the shop was very low on stock but thatís ok for the time of year.

My main gripe was that the owner has decided to store caravans on the hard standing pitches during the winter and leave the occasional visitor to fend on the muddy pitches they may justify this because we only paid £212. 00 and maybe winter storage pays more.

But the fact is we would have liked hard standing as advertised.

The 16 amp was good

There is no lighting on this site at night except on the toilet block great for star watching but not when you are trying to get to the shower with ice and snow.

When I meet the staff in the end they were nice and the lady with the five dogs was nice to chat to

When in the area check out Battle and Bodiam castle Bexhill has a large supermarket

Previous     190 Reviews in total, now showing 101 to 110      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Kloofs Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Kloofs Caravan Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Kloofs Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Bexhill On Sea      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 06/07 to 07/07

An amazing fun weekend in July for all the family, with camping and caravanning on site from Friday to Monday. Children's entertainment, old steam engines, classic car displays, market stalls, and full catering and bar. Find out More and save £15 by booking in advance

You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily.

Simply click here then click on the Like button!

Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker  -  Recommend to Friend  -  Add a Missing Campsite

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024