Visitor Reviews - York Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > York > York Caravan Park Reviews

York Caravan Park
Stockton Lane
York
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO32 9UB
Tel: 01904 424222

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Open: 16 March - 6 January 2019

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 5 miles
 No Beach   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  176 in total, now showing 111 to 120                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Timbo01 1 review from this member

Stayed here last week in March. Beautiful weather matched by quality of site.

Staff, Andrew, very helpful.

Well maintained and facilities first rate.

Excellent transport to York by Bus. Regular from just outside the main gate.

Circular cycling route of 6 to 8 miles, 30 to 40 minutes. Turn left out of gate over bridge. Keep going through next village (small shop)to T junction and turn right. Turn right in next village. Weaves back to just short of bridge.

One of the best sites we have stayed on in last 3 years.

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hughandpenny 23 reviews from this member

Easy to find from A64 with good clear signs with good pull in area. Friendly helpful reception 10 deposit for fob to activate barrier. Good advice re buses to York and plenty of information to hand. Allocated pitch but manager said if we wanted a different pitch no problem just come back and speak with him.

The pitches are huge giving loads of space ours was so big fresh water pipe didn't reach (note to self get an extension)The electric lead also just reached, reception had electric extension but not water pipe. Unfortunately one of last residents had not cleared up after their dog! Manager very apologetic and volunteered to come and clean it up. We have a dog so cannot understand anyone not clearing up after them, its not difficult. We do not hold the site responsible for this as the dog owner is to blame. Rest of site spotless.

New toilet block huge, sensor light timer in shower a bit keen as plunged into darkness drying hair.

Only dog walking off site and public footpaths a short distance away up road outside site which is quite a bust fast road so take care getting to footpaths.

All in all better value/site than CC site just up the road and would recommend for anyone wanting tranquillity and closeness to York.

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ron22 20 reviews from this member

I arrived at this site the day after it opened for the 2012 season. Having read previous reviews I was a little apprehensive. The new toilet block was finished the previous week and it is one of the best I have experienced. There are eight (8) individual huge shower rooms with basin, WC and shower cubicle. These rooms could comfortably accommodate a family of 6. The water was nice and hot, operated by a push button which gave about 30 seconds flow. In addition there are separate toilets with two shower cubicles. The chemical disposal area is at the rear of the building. There is also a laundry / washing up room. The grey water area for motorhomes is close to the exit barrier.

It would appear that new paths have been laid with reasonable lighting.

The gardens have been planted with many rose bushes that obviously are only starting to show signs of life. I feel that the claim that this is a Luxury Site is justified.

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheila+Ken 5 reviews from this member

Stayed at this site for three nights and had a lovely time. Not too far from York centre and if you didn't want to drive, there is a bus stop just outside the site, the buses run every 30minutes.

The facilities are excellent. The shower block is the best I have been to, it was immaculate. The showers were lovely and hot. It is a very peaceful site with a charming little fishing lake.

Monks Cross shopping centre is a short drive away(we spent all day Saturday there).

The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful and we hope to return in the near future. We would definitely recommend this site.

Date of Visit: October 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Packard78 2 reviews from this member

The site is in an ideal position for visiting the area and if your aim is to visit York then 'fill your boots'. You can leave your car and catch the bus every half hour at 3 return. The bus stop is just across the road and on the return the buses drop you at the entrance to the site.

Reception staff were great and very helpful. You need 10 deposit in cash for the site key.

The site is somewhat incomplete, the shower block has yet to be finished, it needs some paths to the temp toilet block, lighting is needed along these paths as you could end up in the lake if not careful (at night).

The chemical disposal point is an inspection cover in the ground which you lift with string, its shallow and not ideal but suspect they will build a proper one when the new block is finished. You access this along wooden boards over the grass. A 'wash out' tap is located on the opposite side of the new block and you would have to return to empty it out.

The temp shower block is clean but the showers did not work and when they did you have to be an expert at opening/closing the door as they are very strong and the water hits the floor. I got soaked as I wanted to test if they were hot before getting in, I got soaked and the floor flooded.

My advice is to wait for the new block.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dezzie 16 reviews from this member

We got a rare few kid free days in August and decided to try out this site based on the reviews we've read on UKcampsite. I'm glad we did. This is now one of my favourite sites.

The pitches are level (although you will be sharing with the Moles who live below you). Spacious and EHU poles have your own drinking water taps connected too. Its a nice quiet site with a lovely big duck pond right in the middle.

The new toilet block was being built as we stayed and a portable cabin unit was there and I have to say the facilities in the portable cabin were better than quite a few of the camp sites with permanent facilities I've stayed at.

Despite its location, its a very peaceful site and its within 5 minutes of the city centre, there's a fantastic big retail park just down the road and you're not far from the ring road and the road to the seaside if you want to visit.

I cant fault this site, it was fantastic and the first campsite I came home truly refreshed. It surpassed every expectation. I'd highly recommend it if you want a quiet break but with the option to do a little shopping therapy, museum hopping or just plain chilling out.

I cant wait to go back.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Zephyr550 2 reviews from this member

We chose this site because of the easy access into york via bus right outside, the pitches are enormous with electric, water, drainage and tv hook up, (even for tents) and a very nice pond if you wish to fish, we where met with a very warm and friendly reception, the new shower/toilet block was not finished for our arrival but where given a 4 a night discount, the tempory shower/toilet units where better than some permanent ones we had seen on other sites, warm, clean and plenty of hot water.

Shops are about 3 miles away, a large retail park with many large stores and supermarkets for all your needs.

Have a day out at Yorkshire Air Museum while you are here, a great day out.

We cannot say on here how much we enjoyed our stay at YCP (not enough room - lol) and will definitely be returning for another very relaxing holiday.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pumpkincat 2 reviews from this member

Just back from this site. Great size pitches and beautiful site. Reception staff very helpful and polite. Apologies were given for the fact that the amenities block had not been completed and a discount was given but the portaloos and showers were fantastic.

Plenty of hot water and absolutely spotless. These are the best portaloos I have ever come across! If the finished amenities block is as good as the temporary facilities then it will be the best site I have ever visited.

Very easy to get into York - bus stop right outside the campsite. Supermarkets within easy reach. What more could you want?

Would recommend this site without any hesitation.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sandersmchris 1 review from this member

I have just come online to find the details of this site so I can recommend it to others and I thought I'd leave a review.

Tidy site with little noise (Slight noise from the A road but not loud enough to bother anybody)

Good clean facilities (even though we had to use temporary facilities they were much better than a lot of permanent ones we have used)

The staff were very friendly, very polite and very helpful.

Great location in rural countryside although it is still within 10 mins of York and also within 10 mins of two Supermarkets and a large retail park that kept the Mrs busy for hours.

I am planning to go again this year.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: 533rockape 7 reviews from this member

I'd booked in advance and I was contacted by the owner to tell me that as the new facilities weren't finished he'd understand if I didn't want to come,

I'm glad I did go as it's a very good site and will be even better when the new toilet block is finished, but the portaloo showers and toilets were spotless and I found no problem with them at all.

Everything York has to offer is within very easy reach and there is a good bus service from outside the gate. A retail park is also within a very short drive.

There is fishing on site and there were some lads sitting quite contented for hours on end. The serviced pitches are huge and I had my van and car parked end to end with room to spare.

There is no designated dog walk but plenty of room to walk your dog as the site is quite big it isn't a problem, no doggie bins though.

This was my first time on and adult only site and it was very quiet and peaceful, the very thing we wanted so I would recommend this site to anyone who is looking for just that.

Previous     176 Reviews in total, now showing 111 to 120      Next

Other Sites Near York      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more