Visitor Reviews - York Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > York > York Caravan Park Reviews

York Caravan Park
Stockton Lane
York
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO32 9UB
Tel: 01904 424222

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Open: 16 March - 6 January 2019

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 5 miles
 No Beach   Watersports 5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  176 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Reviewer: Mr Tent 2 reviews from this member

We were here last year and came back this year and it was better second time around, not that it wasn't good first time round.

Couldn't fault the place, the owner was as pleasant as ever.

Slight bit of noise on our last night but Andrew sorted it out rapidly.

Location is ideal, pitches are huge, toilets are perfect as are showers, hot water all the time.

We would go back for a third time with no hesitation.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Angvad 7 reviews from this member

Just spent a week at this lovely site, the pitch was nice and large overlooking the lake which was lovely.

The site owners were very friendly and helpful.

It has the best shower facilities we have ever seen large individual rooms with shower, toilet and sink always very clean.

Well situated for York bus leaves from across the road every half hour £3 return.

We tried the Toby carvery up the road it was good value for money.

It is a site we will definitely be returning to.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Donnellm 1 review from this member

We really enjoyed our weekend at this site;

Positives are the site is quiet, clean, safe and perfect for a visit to York. This was our first time on an adult only site and it was great abandoning the kids for the weekend. The site has excellent facilities, superb showers and changing facilities, my only gripe is you cannot tell if a shower room is occupied but thatís a small thing, as these rooms are brilliantly large.

The pitches are very large and flat. My only issue was the dog walking facilities, we tried in vain to fine a local field for the dog to exercise his legs, and this proved to be more difficult than I anticipated. York is a wonderful city and this is a perfect site to explore it.

I recommend this site, highly.

Thanks for a great weekend.

Reviewer: TONY B 6 reviews from this member

Tents be warned about this site!

Firstly let me say that the facilities on this site are second to none - huge individual shower rooms with toilet and sink - fantastic. The location to York is also great - only 2 miles to the centre of York with a bus service running right outside the site.

Now for the negatives - But only if you are going in a tent.

The site website states that ALL pitches are multi-serviced with EHU, TV point & water and are approx 13m wide by 20m deep with hedges to 3 sides, however, when we arrived we discovered that there was a new area that the owner has created for tents that is not separated into individual pitches and caters for approx. 5 tents. There is also no TV point or water for these pitches but the owner still charges the same amount as for the multi-serviced individual pitches! Our tent is 7m by 3.9m and only just fitted onto the allocated area and then only because I shortened the guy ropes (width ways being the problem). To be honest, had we not arrived late in the evening I would not have accepted the situation but because of our late arrival we decided we had little choice but to pitch were allocated.

I did complain the following morning and the lady on reception wrote our complaint into a log book for the attention of the owner as she explained that she only covers reception occasionally. The owner never even bothered to come and see us and then when we were leaving the following day I again reinstated my complaint and the lady again told me that this had been noted into the log book. This is a complete rip-off for tent owners as we did not get what was stated on the website and treated as a second class citizens. We had taken our TV and could not use, we had no access to water and I could not find a drinking water stand pipe anywhere else on site (probably because the other individual pitches had there own) and was fortunate to have a nice caravan neighbour who let me access his stand pipe!

I would also like to point out that there is constant road noise all through the night as you are so close to a main road which the bus runs to York, which is probably ok in a caravan but really noticeable in a tent.

Having said all that we did like the site and had we been allocated an individual pitch (which we had paid for) we would have probably rated the site 9 out of 10 but I hate being ripped off and misled.

My advice if you are going in a tent is to contact them to ensure you have been allocated an individual pitch or alternatively try another site - there are loads around York all with great reviews on ukcs.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cwilkinsonfamily 21 reviews from this member

This being the first adult-only site I have stayed in, I didn't know what to expect. However, it was very quiet and spotlessly clean. Shower rooms were enormous - to be honest, they were a little too big as they could easily have made 2 shower rooms out of each one with plenty of room to spare. A little bit further out of York than we were expecting. Was disappointed with our check-in: when we asked the lady at the desk about bus times, she didn't know; when we asked her where to nearest bus stop was, she didn't know; when we asked her where the nearest shops were, she didn't know; to be honest, no matter what we asked her, she didn't seem to know, so we felt that we had absolutely no information to be starting out with. That sort of unhelpfulness is. Well. Unhelpful! I would stay there again but there is a camp site nearer the centre of York and I would try there first!

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: DianeandPaul 7 reviews from this member

Just 5nights on this site and we could not fault it in anyway whatever. The pitches are of good size and the shower block is great. Plenty of hot water. We went into York everyday on the Bus £3 return each after 9am. Last bus back being just before midnight. The buses run every half hour. Plenty to do in York. If you do go to York look for a Pub called Thomas's of York, very good value for money on the food. We will be returning to this site, next time we have decided that we are going to take my Mum. So we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lillie73 19 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site the pitches have plenty of space between them, and the shower block is the best we have come across with large individual shower rooms and plenty of hot water.

We went to York by bus which is right outside the campsite but as it was Sunday they only ran every hour.

The dog area is very small but does have a bin now (please pick up as it spoils it for everyone) We read that there is a walk just down from the site but had to give up trying to find it as the road is very busy and there are no pavements.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jango62 6 reviews from this member

Probably the best quality campsite we've ever stayed at. Very quiet and peaceful in a rural location, but only a short bus ride to York centre from the bus stop directly over the road.

The extra large pitches are serviced with water and electric hook-up, though ours was a bit tent peg unfriendly. The tent pitches are in the centre of one side of the site (the other being caravans and a fishing lake), surrounded by more caravans and motorhomes.

In the middle of the site is a very large building housing the excellent shower, toilet and washing up facilities including 8 large wetrooms. These consisted of(free)shower, toilet & wash basin, (with shaving point and hairdryer), and are as good as having a very large private bathroom at your disposal. There are also separate ladies and gents toilets with more showers. The washing up room has 2 adequate basins and a washing machine and iron for use at extra charge.

The only thing lacking for me personally, was not having a pub within reasonable distance. The nearest is the Toby Carvery which must be at least Ĺhr away on foot along narrow pathless roads that I wouldn't like to tackle in the dark with a drink inside me! However, the bus service to/from York does run til midnight and there are plenty of pubs there. 9/10

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Profjackpot 7 reviews from this member

This is our third year of visiting this site and each year it improves. The site is well laid out with large pitches, all with electric hook-up. There are a lot of hardstanding pitches and the tent area is decreasing in size each year so we hope they continue to accept tents.

The toilets and individual shower rooms are very modern, warm and clean - probably the best we've visited. There is a hairdryer in each shower room. The washing up area is inside with plenty of hot water although this can be cooler at busier times. There is also a washer/dryer and iron with board available for a small charge. There is a small fishing lake on site for which there is a daily charge.

The site is on the outskirts of York with a bus stop right outside for a regular service to the city centre running until just before midnight. The journey takes about 30 minutes. About a mile away there is Monks Cross, an out of town shopping centre with a large Asda and Sainsburys for any essentials.

The site is perfect for any weather conditions as there is plenty to do if it is cold or raining and the facilities are good. The price is probably a bit expensive for a campsite but then again we've paid similar for more inferior sites. Highly recommended!

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mike100c 6 reviews from this member

We visited this site for the first time this year. The more recent pitches are a good size and fully serviced with Electric bollard, water TV aerial point and grey waste disposal. The chemical disposal is around the back of the very well appointed facilities block. Be warned there are no flat road surfaces or paths (except block paving on one side of facilities block) if you want to wheel your cassette, so carrying is the only option. It's amazing how heavy these things are when nearly full! I tend to wash and shower before or after the usual rush hour times and as such have to say that as a consequence I found the rooms cold and the water barely lukewarm (not nice when shaving or showering) I did hear tales of hot water but during my stay I did not experience any, which is a great shame as the cubicles are of a high standard. I suspect the latter may be a good demonstration of the inefficiencies of solar panel heating.

Whilst one of our main reasons for the visit was for fishing, I am unable to comment on this as all week the weather (gale force winds) was atrocious, so we stuck to sightseeing instead. I would like to return to try the fishing so watch this space.

Previous     176 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Other Sites Near York      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth £100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more