Reviews of Knight Stainforth Hall Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Settle > Knight Stainforth Hall Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Knight Stainforth Hall Caravan And Camping Park
Little Stainforth
Settle
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
BD24 0DP

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  237 in total, now showing 161 to 170                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24

Reviewer: Cornishcamper 2 reviews from this member

We came here in awful weather to walk the Three Peaks. Great walking and scenery all round.
This site is probably the best I have ever been too. The showers and toilets were immaculate. The overall set-up is excellent. While we were there the games room area was not open so I can't comment on that.
One small observation was that the play area was constantly over run with 14+ year old children who effectively made it a no-go area for the under 12's it was intended for.
The real bonus here is that you can walk to the local pub easily and the food was pretty good too.

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: M.starsmore 5 reviews from this member

Just had a week of brilliant weather here, this is our 5th time at this site and it just gets better every time we visit.
We visited white scar caves, kendal, skipton, keswick and took a cruise on lake windermere, it was a week enjoyed by all the family, we are visiting again before the children go back to school, this time we are bringing my caravan, see how we manage down that windy road, hope we dont meet any tractors this time.
Spent a lot of time down by the river getting sun tanned, we have recomended this site to all our friends, well hope we have as good a weather as we did last time, brilliant site for anyone with children, loads to do.

Reviewer: Cobb397 2 reviews from this member

Been to this site many times and will continue to come back. Best place ever for a family chill as its no club and by 10pm its normally quiet.
There are lots of things to do close by, with great walks, caves and waterfalls. The site and facilities are always clean and well kept, and that's a credit to the staff, who also can not do enough for you. My 12 year old daughter loves it and would rather come here than the seaside!.
The pub in the village has a great selection of food and drink, which wont leave you out of pocket. The river at the bottom of the site is great for pond dipping but it can run fast after rain so little ones should be supervised.
All in all this has to be one of the best sites in the dales, I've not found better, but that's my opinion.
I only have two small gripes, sometimes the dog owners don't clean up after a scooby doo! (although its only a few) & too many people know about this great site, it's getting harder to get my tent erected at weekends.

Reviewer: Mrwoo1234 2 reviews from this member

I stayed here for three nights and I was very pleased with the site. There was ample room for me (although this didn't matter as I was on my own) but for the larger families it was great, the toilets were always clean even with the mud the toilets never got dirty, I did use the launderette which was £2 for the washers and 50p for the dryers, The dryers lasted for ages and ages for 50p so it was worth it.
The shop is basic but the shelves were always pretty well stocked with goods, They even sell gas cartridges for little stoves. I really enjoyed my stay here and will recommend it to anybody who likes camping, also ideal for families as there is a playground near the toilets, really there is no downfall to this site, I had brilliant views of the moors and could walk down to the river or stand on the stone bridge.
Lovely site and also a pleasant walk into settle using the "ribble way" route on the map.
Thanks to all staff and I will be returning again.

Reviewer: M.starsmore 5 reviews from this member

Visited the site yet again, been here about 5 times now, we came for a 3 day break with the kids. And yet again could not fault this site at all, everything thing was perfect, we still haven't been to the pub over the bridge, but we are coming again on the 30th of july, and will make a point of trying the pub out this time, the weather was boiling hot again. I hope we have good weather when we return in july.

Reviewer: Lizzy23 6 reviews from this member

Stayed here weekend of the 7th July as my Hubby was doing the 3 peaks in aid of the dog rescue we help out with .What can I say that hasn't been said already, this is a superb site in a fantastic setting, run by the most friendliest and helpful of folks.
Will we be back, of course we will time and time again I suspect

Reviewer: Skintlad 4 reviews from this member

Took the wife on her first camping trip. Must first say a big thank you to all the members who reviewed this site and helped me make the choice of where to take her.
All I can say is this site is excellent. Spotless toilets and shower blocks and run by a very friendly family, perfectly placed on the river Ribble. Who can fail to marvel at the Stainforth Force, which is right by the site.
While there we bought ourselves a few walk guides and had a pleasant stroll to Catrigg Force, another marvel which is a short walk above the village of Stainforth, before returning to the village to the Craven Heiffer, a pleasant country pub, with good food, run by a very friendly couple.
We were so impressed by this site, we are returning in august and I dare say it will be a regular site for us when visiting the Dales.

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Gordon1970 4 reviews from this member

What a lovely site. Our first visit here but won't be our last. Toilet block was spotless, best we have come across and especially liked the fact that the washing up area was also inside so no washing dishes in the rain!
Kids loved the park and the games room and plenty of room on the field to play etc.
Lovely stream running through the park and fab walks along the stream we ended up walking for about 3 miles and ended up in Settle which was a lovely village and found a nice pub for a spot of lunch and refreshment, which was needed after a lengthy walk! Would highly recommend this site.

Reviewer: New guy 1 review from this member

Beautiful site, excellent facilities block, very friendly helpful staff. We arrived Sunday, pitched on a nearly empty site and had a wonderful week's walking. Friday afternoon saw an influx of weekenders who seemed to be less concerned about camping than having a party. Within hours the toilet block floor was swimming with water? or worse, and miles of unflushed paper all over the place. The staff soon had it clean again, but there was also a lot of noise late at night from people who don't know or care how to behave on a campsite. Half past one in the morning is too late for noise when you've got an 8 hour walk next day! The site is probably a victim of its own success, with the river and excellent ablutions block attracting people who maybe normally wouldn't camp. Would definitely go again, but not at weekends, bank holidays or school holidays.

Reviewer: Flush 6 reviews from this member

We spent the weekend at This site 8/9th June. A real trip down memory lane as I use to go to this site with my parents, last trip being some 27 years ago.

The site is fantastically set out, we camped along with another family. Check in was nice and easy and the field where the hook up points were was very flat. Despite the site being full, there was plenty of space left, the tents and caravans were by no means packed in.

The amenity block was superb. Clean and well maintained with free showers.

Our children were just spoilt for choice with things to do, playing in the river at the end of the site, on the playground, in the games room, we barely saw them, they were so busy.

The owners of the site have done a great job and are very accommodating, he even opened the shop up late for us to change our gas.

All in all a fantastic site, cant wait to go back.

Previous     237 Reviews in total, now showing 161 to 170      Next

Other Sites Near Settle      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

UKCS Meet Motorhome and Caravan Show 15/10 to 20/10, NEC Birmingham
All the new 2020 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans – plus 1000s of accessories ...more