Reviews of Freshwater Beach Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > South West England > Dorset > Bridport > Freshwater Beach Holiday Park > Reviews

Freshwater Beach Holiday Park

Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway On Site
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   No Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming On Site   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool On Site
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  176 in total, now showing 31 to 40                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Allenjames 1 review from this member

Good ol freshwater beach.

Been here 5 years running now. Always around the same time each year. Love the place.

Pitches are huge and level.

Plenty for the kids to do. Swimming, bowling, kids clubs, beach, river. Plenty to do for adults, walk over the golf course to westbay, along the cliffs to hive beach cafe.

Weymouth 12 miles in car, Lyme Regis 12 miles in car. Newquay 132 miles in car - did day trip to here for boardmasters. 2 hrs each way, amazing day.

The shop is like any other site shop, crammed with everything, but you do pay that little extra. 5 mins in the car though and you are in morrisons.

Food menu on the restaurant has been simplified, burgers and pizza and a few specials. Again not a problem if you drive, we hit takeaways in bridport. Chinese, Kebab House all top notch.

I even drove 32 mile round trip to dominoes pizza in Dorchester. Better quality, worked out cheaper.

Club in the evening is the standard cheese - no John Lee anymore though so I keep comparing it to when he was the entertainment.

Showers and toilets are mint at all times.

No doubt I'll be back there next year.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Snappedpole 9 reviews from this member

This site is way bigger than we expected but we found our pitch OK. You had to pitch in a specific way or you would be asked to move, since the instructions are designed for pitching a caravan, you have to use some judgement and guess work when pitching a trailer tent or folding camper (there was a pad that you must have your jockey wheel on)

Pitches are tiny and too crammed in so there is literally nowhere for the kids to play.

Roads where busy and there was no separation of pedestrian areas and traffic and no speed control so we did not feel safe letting the kids on their bikes.

Facilities on site where great, but some where to busy to be used. We where going to try to clubhouse but found people queuing outside 1 hour before opening just so they could get a seat and decided against it.

Food was good on site and priced reasonably.

Location is stunning, beach nice and pubs offsite within walking distance.

For us the site was just too big and pricey as we were not making use of the facilities. So we would not return again. However as already mentioned the location is stunning so we would return to the area

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Martingodwin 1 review from this member

This is the consecutive third year we have been to Freshwater, and we have never holidayed anywhere consecutively before, which speaks volumes about what we think of it. The park itself is not perfect, but it meets our requirements as a family of three. Initially what we wanted was a clean park, well maintained with good entertainment, nearby to a nice beach; and Freshwater ticks all of these boxes. In addition, the views are exemplary, it has its own microclimate and the combination of polls is a real attraction. The cost of a well maintained caravan is also very reasonable.

Nonetheless, there are still some points that could improved upon. Firstly, the bar and food prices may reflect those found in the local area, but we live in the West Midlands where salaries are lower and prices are more affordable. Secondly, the absence of food before 12pm was disappointing, and we found it necessary to travel to Morrison's in Bridport to buy a good cooked breakfast at a reasonable price, this was particularly true of Saturday's when we 1) arrived early in the morning and had looked forward to the breakfasts that were available in 2014, and 2) we had also planed to buy breakfast after leaving our caravan on the day of departure.

Also, in 2015 the school holiday provision had a delayed start, we had booked for the first week of what in 2015 was a seven week summer holiday and found out that we were a week to early to enjoy some things, for example there was no 'Captain Blood' which our daughter had looked forward to.

However, despite our 2015 experience not being as good as our fantastic 2014 we will gladly return again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Katadamick 4 reviews from this member

Booked here for 9 nights from July 6th pre school holidays, enjoyed it so much stayed an extra night.

Relaxed friendly atmosphere. Entertainment staff brilliant. Johnny and Co worked hard to keep us entertained. Bar staff brilliant. Nothing was to much for any one who works here from the receptionists to the refuse collecting team. The site was exceptionally clean and we'll maintained. The toilets and shower blocks exceptionally clean. The restaurant offers a good variety as well as the specials on offer. The American 10 pin bowling is great. The pool with its sauna, steam room and hot tub all looked after very well. The only bad point for us was we had to leave. As it says in the advert Carlsberg doesn't do camp sites but if they did. It couldn't beat this one.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: VivGeal 4 reviews from this member

We have been coming to this site for many years and have watched its growth. My husband and his fishing club hold a friendly competition but it's more of a social weekend. The fishing is not too good on the beach but we can't find another campsite with as much to offer as this one so we keep coming back. Hard to fault toilet blocks immaculate always just generally top notch everywhere. Good walks along to West Bay friendly enough rules without being too many

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Micbrook 1 review from this member

Where do we start :)

At the beginning…. I phoned the site to book the pitch as I always get paranoid of booking wrong when online. The man on the phone was nice and polite. I asked if I could choose my own pitch rather than be allocated one - not a problem if it was available. I asked for a pitch near the park for the kids. He recommended the tent field as I have a large tent. Seems fair, no problem.

When I got to the site I find a bulldozer where the park once was and a few similar size tents in the field around it, but not to worry.

The allocated pitch in the tent field was HUGE and flat - they all are. I could've got another tent and car of the same size on the same pitch no problem! toilet block barely a minute walk away, spotless and large. Pleased with the showers as it had an on/off tap rather than the frustrating push button many sites seem to have. Restaurant was nice above some very small arcades. Food was pricey as to be expected (or maybe I'm just tight?!) - £35 for 2 adult meals 2 kids meals and 2 drinks. Very nice though. Didn't go to evening entertainment so can't comment on that. Swimming pools are great, didn't use the outdoor ones as it was a bit nippy but the kids loved the indoor one, should imagine gets very busy during peak times! private shingle beach is huge too. On site shop (spar) very handy and sell the wifi which isn't that bad but restricted to 100mb a day. Large playing field for older kids to play football and whatever else they choose, they won't run out of space anyway.

West Bay, Bridport and Weymouth all within half hour away so lots to do if you want a drive out with a Morrisons just 5 mins away by car.

Overall enjoyed the site and would go again although imagine would be very busy in peak times as already said :)

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Tamatthews 1 review from this member

This campsite has everything you could ask for. A fun in door pool for kids with sauna and jacuzzi for the adults. A lovely big heated outdoor pool which opens from May onwards. A private beach (albeit shingles) and a fresh water lagoon. We bought the kids a dingy for them to use in the Lagoon which isn't very deep. Unfortunately the water level had dropped due to it running out to sea and there were quite a few rocks we had to manoeuvre around. But the kids still had fun. It used to be closed off from the sea.

There is a lovely walk into west bay either across the golf course or across the cliff top. Amazing scenery to be seen either way. My kids preferred the cliff top walk. There are lots of other close places to visit in the surrounding area. We took the kids out to crealy adventure park in Exeter which is 45 mins away. You can also use tesco clubcard vouchers to buy tickets if you want to save money. Lyme Regis is only 10 miles away And is a beautiful place to visit with a fantastic pub for eating (Cobb arms)

The clubhouse has good entertainment also. And they have an in house Beauty shop where I enjoyed an excellent Indian head massage.

The only downside here is there is very poor phone and Internet signal as the site is in a valley unless you are with vodafone. They do sell vouchers for wifi but I really wouldn't bother as it is not worth the money. I bought it for a week costing me £20 and your limit is 100mb. I reset my statistics on my phone to check I was getting my full usage and after using 3mb it stopped working and said I had exceeded my limit. I had only been browsing and not streaming any videos. I even turned off my icloud but to no avail. It worked very intermittently and when I complained in the reception they insisted I had used my limit. So please do not bother wasting your money on their wifi as you will end up being very frustrated.

Apart from wifi issues I would highly recommend this campsite.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Peterb02 3 reviews from this member

Absolutely lovely place to visit. My wife and I stayed after the Summer season (to avoid the evening entertainment) and thoroughly enjoyed the whole area. Lots of walks on the beach and the cliff tops.

We had a couple of takeaways and the food was good, nice portions. The staff were very friendly and the toilets/showers really could not be beaten for cleanliness.

So good that we have booked again for September 2015.

The only downside was purchasing WiFi access. £4 for 100MB (in 24 hours) downloaded. I only browsed a few car websites and it was all gone in a couple of hours. Terrible service - but you don't have to purchase it, I suppose. Travelodge Wifi gives a better service for only £3.

So 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Would have been 5 with a better WiFi deal.

Peter & Margaret

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Reb1972 1 review from this member

Just come back from a weekend camping trip to Freshwater Beach Holiday Park. What a lovely site. Pitches are large and well marked. Toilet blocks were spotless and had plenty of privacy cubicles with toilet sink and shower. Lots of hot water, good showers and hairdryers were free to use. The wash up area was clean and again plenty of hot water.

The site was quiet by about half eight (when it got dark).

We didn't have our children with us but it looked good for family's with an indoor pool and outdoor pool.

This site is right on the beach and it is easy to walk into west bay via the beach (stay away from the cliffs), along the cliff top path or via the golf course.

The site is dog friendly with lots of poo bins although they are not allowed in the bar or restaurant.

Wifi available via a voucher system that you can buy from the leisure center reception or the 'Mace' shop. We would recommend this as the phone signal is very poor.

All in all a good site especially out of season and we would definitely go back.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Foggy2000 2 reviews from this member

First visit to this site, but very impressed to say the least.

Book in was easy and within 10 mins of us getting to our pitch, a member of staff turned up to make all was OK and to ensure that the tent was pitched the correct direction. The pitch easily swallowed our Sunncamp Shadow 800 and Awning.

The toilet blocks were kept spotless, even if some kids kept throwing wet toilet paper around everywhere.

Large areas for the kids to play, and they loved the beach area, the indoor / outdoor pools and bouncy castles.

The shop is fairly priced but there are several supermarkets close for the larger shop.

Both the takeaway and the Jurassic Fun Centre served good food at pub prices.

The noise levels are night are quiet and security are walking around just to help keep any noisy groups to a quieter level.

Phone signals are very poor on site, and Wi-Fi is on a daily rate.

After getting back and chatting with friends, think that a group of us will be returning next year.

Previous     176 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 40      Next

Is Freshwater Beach Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Freshwater Beach Holiday Park have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Freshwater Beach Holiday Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Freshwater Beach Holiday Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Bridport      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022