Reviews of Freshwater Beach Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > South West England > Dorset > Bridport > Freshwater Beach Holiday Park > Reviews

Freshwater Beach Holiday Park

Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway On Site
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   No Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming On Site   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool On Site
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  176 in total, now showing 81 to 90                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Reviewer: Deonham 1 review from this member

Just returned from a 5 night stay at Freshwater and would have to say, its the best site I've ever been too!

I went with my partner and our 4 yr old son and we stayed in a tent in the main field.

The site itself is large, clean and well maintained. We stayed over the August bank holiday and there wasn't a spare pitch in sight! (Initially I was worried I'd feel 'squashed in' but actually it was fine).

There is a brilliant, clean (very stony) beach which has beautiful cliffs surrounding it. We walked to West Bay via the cliff walk and it was lovely (be prepared to scale steep hills & steps though - we managed it with 4 yr old however, just wear appropriate footwear) Spent every evening watching the sun set on the beach.

They have a pool area which is kept nice & clean and hosts a large pool (with 2m deep end) and a smaller toddler one (which my 4 yr old loved!). There are lifeguards on duty at all times, which is good. Opens 9-6pm daily.

There's a large club house which looks fun (as we have a young child, didn't go in) and there's a restaurant too. We did purchase a sandwich from there at lunchtime though, which was tasty. And we also sampled the fish & chips - lovely chips, not too greasy but maybe a little overpriced for a chippie.

Shower and toilet blocks were kept really clean, especially considering how busy the site was. There seemed to be a cleaner about every time I used them - even b4 6am! Id say these were the cleaned facilities I have ever experienced on a campsite and that's saying something!

They offer horse and donkey rides (horse ride a bit pricey at £14, think donkey cheaper as just for kiddies). There is a well stocked shop (it is a bit expensive I think, but when you need something, its dead handy!).

Overall, we had a brilliant time at Freshwater and would 100% go back - in fact, we are booking for next year already!

Oh, one last thing - they are building a new leisure block for July next year, which will host an indoor pool and more importantly for us, a gym!

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Coachcnn 3 reviews from this member

Generally a very good site toilets were always spotless regardless of time. The site was very busy. Location and area very attractive and the lagoon was excellent for children.

Not a lot to do close by but attractions within 20miles. There are plans to open a new entrainment centre 2011. My only complaint was the adults only bar was closed and the family centre was heaving therefore nowhere to get a quite pint without going offsite, ie driving.

All said I would be happy to visit this location again in the future. Good all-round site for families with young families but not so good for older generation.

The play area and swimming pool area were very well kept and the lifegaurds always in attendance whilst pools were open. I would recommend this site for families.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: The rainy campers 6 reviews from this member

We booked this site after much time reviewing this and many other camp sites, as we were staying for 10 days What a good choice. We decided this site would suit our two children aged 10 and 14 and our friends who came with us and their 7 yr old.

The toilet/shower block was immaculate 10/10 which really pleased us.

We had a problem neighbour who decided to have an open air rant at her husband at various times of the day and night using some very choice words, we had a word with reception and we never heard from her again after that.

The site is really well located, it is within walking distance to West Bay (gorgeous little place you can hire the lyme bay charter to Lyme Regis, a great way to see the coast) Burton Bradstock (Great pubs, great food) and Hive beach (the hive cafe serves delicious breakfasts would go back just for that)

Freshwater beach is very tough going with the pebbles, but the beach at Hive is slightly easier to walk on. The beach is great for fishing, one day we caught so many Mackerel we had to stop fishing!

The children used the pool and the park nearly every day and really enjoyed themselves.

The shop is really well stocked and reasonably priced.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday but the site is quite pricey. There are lots more camp sites in the area slightly cheaper still within distance of beach, pubs etc.

We would definitely come back to Dorset but maybe to a different site (only due to the price)

Reviewer: Waterloo Mob 1 review from this member

Just got back after a week on this site with our 2 children. We were a little apprehensive when we booked as we usually go for smaller, quieter sites without all the facilities. However, we needn't have worried.

This is a fabulous site, especially if you have children. There is so much to do on site as well as in the surrounding area - we simply ran out of time! The location is second to none - right up against the western end of Chesil Beach.

The shower/toilet blocks are simply the best I have seen. Every time we went down there (about 30 seconds from our pitch in the tent only area) someone was cleaning, whether it be vacuuming, mopping, wiping the sinks, cleaning the toilets etc. They were spotless. The shop is well stocked and will have most things you need.

The only feedback we gave was that they do not have a facility to re-freeze your ice blocks but they will hire them out (£1 deposit and 25p charge). We had some really hot days and the site was full so they would only let you borrow one block at a time. This made keeping any food fresh a bit tricky in a tent.

We will definitely be going back - we had to promise our daughters! I can highly recommend everything about this site.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Danny68 3 reviews from this member

We spent 7 nights at this site in August. Firstly the pitches are very close together and although in general they are large beware that their are a few much smaller ones squashed in to maximise the space. We stayed in area N and here some of the pitches were not very flat.

The toilets/showers at the site were spotless probably the cleanest I have ever come across. The washing up area was also clean but bizarrely was out in the open with no cover at all. If going in peek time be prepared to queue for both showers and washing up as their isnít enough of either for he size of the site.

There is plenty for kids to do on site. The site lays on free kids activities during the day as well as the normal evening entertainment. There are 2 large fields for them as well as the pool & horse riding.

The beach is shingle and is not suitable for swimming due to the current; you can swim in near by West Bay.

There is a lagoon area on which kids can use inflatable boats and is OK for older children to swim in.

There is a shop which is a little over priced and offers the basics. There is a Morrisonís about 5 min drive away in Bridport.

We used both the take away and on site restaurant and found them both to be surprisingly good value for money.

Evening entertainment is provided and is the typical holiday site entertainment. Bar prices are reasonable.

Wi Fi is available and costs £4 per day there are discounts if you pyf for longer (£20 for 7 days) it has good coverage but they have blocked access to audio & video sites.

The site can get noisy at times especially after 11pm so be aware of this if you have younger children.

The site is building a new leisure complex for July 2011 which should improve things further. Hopefully they will be sensible with their prices and not push them up to much.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this site.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Campagal 4 reviews from this member

Lovely Large family site, great for the kids, safe outdoor pool with lifeguards, donkey rides, donkey derby, captain blood antics to keep the kids amused, small childs playpark, beach access, resturant / bar / entertainments, lovely walks into nearby westbay and burton bradstock.

Having said all that it is sad to say I doubt I would return, noise and crude language by teenagers at 1am,commercial vans and lorries which made the site look unsightly. Complaints not being dealt with, lack of security near the static caravans late at night, my children hassled in the playpark by older kids, rather expensive.

Reviewer: Archer560 7 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 1 week holiday here with my 2 daughters aged 11 and 9.

Positives -

Good outdoor swimming pools

Good entertainment area (get there early if you want a seat tho)

Good toilets and showers, always clean and only had to wait for shower once)

Good play area for younger kids and good playing field.

Beach is great if you like fishing.

Good walks from site.

Good shop on site (not too expensive)

Restaurant is fine, takeaway also but can't comment

Horse riding on site - £14.00 for a 45 minute trek

Supermarket and town only 2 miles.

Fishing trips from west bay - £8 per person for a 1 hour mackeral fishing trip

Negatives (only personal)

Very big site so quite a lot of noise and some parts can seem very busy.

Roads around site are quite narrow and a lot of the time there is quite a lot of traffic.

Overall a good site assuming the weather is good. It is quite a drive to find other activities if weather bad.

The negative points are more personal as we are not used to staying on such a large site, but that should not put you off.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: JJCcrew 3 reviews from this member

A very busy site with lots to do for the kids and teenagers. Burton Bradstock is a five min walk away and is a really pretty little village with thatched houses.

From here we walked across a field to the beach where there is a lovely cafe we didn't have food but what I saw other people having looked nice. We had an ice cream. I would recommend from here you walk back over the cliffs which takes you straight back to the park, with stunning views.

The first time we did it we walked along the beach, big mistake, the shingle is agony after 10 mins the only thing that kept me going was the fear of being on the beach all night. What a shame a sandy beach here would make it perfect.

Shower block was clean and bright which was nice since a lot of bigger sites lose there cleanliness by the end of the day, but this never happened here, full marks for this.

This has to be the best Toilet/shower block I have come across.

I used the laundry the day before I left since I was travelling on to another site, this again was clean and easy to use.

The staff seemed friendly especially the feller who cut the grass he stopped to explain the whole dog walk area and was really nice and chatty.

Value for money Mmmm still think its a bit pricey at £41 a night.

Pub was nice to call for a drink in afternoon after a walk plenty of outdoor seating. Didn't go down at night since we had a dog with us.

Being a large site we expected a bit more noise at night than the smaller sites but I still think that wardens could have patrolled the park at night. We were on W row which is the very top camping field and by the end of our stay it was getting noisy. My daughter claims she heard the wardens having a word with one of the culprits the following morning so obviously someone had complained, but the following night it was just someone else.

Quite honestly I don't really mind too much but the second incident wasn't really fair to people with young children because they were quite crude. So night partrols across the whole park please.

Reviewer: Appeland 2 reviews from this member

We went for a week last week and got a pitch on the 'Tent Grounds' which was good because it's tents only. We usually go to wooden areas (New Forest) and this time it was our first time that we went to one of those Holiday Parks. The kids (3+5) loved it. The park offers a wide variaty of entertainment that we made use of and liked it. The on site Fish and Chips shop is handy and not too overpriced - we had the chips (really yummy), a burger (don't get it, its just a bun with a bad burger and a slice of cheese), pizza - OK'ish and sausage - overcooked.

The on-site shop is well stocked and priced.

The worst of everything was the traffic in this part of the country. I forgot our kitchen cabinet and went to Weymouth Argos to get one and my Navi said '20 Minutes' but it ended up more like 2 hours (one way) - it was like this everywhere you went, just loads and loads and loads of traffic jams everywhere. This county really needs to look at it's traffic management plan. As soon as you cross over into Hampshire everything is fine.

Another thing to mention is that every local attraction was just an out of this world rip-off. A visit to a 'play farm' set us back just under £30 for two adults and one 5 year old (and a free 3 year old). This was like that everywhere - we turned around due to price on many of them.

The facilities where ALWAYS clean and tidy and all the staff have been really friendly and great.

All together a great holiday on-site but we will not return to this county as we wereted half the holiday in useless traffic jams just to find out that we did not want to pay WELL over the odds for things.

The site overall rating is so low due to the traffic and un-ability to do anything off-site due to rip-off prices of local attractions.

Reviewer: Sarah6151 9 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site. At first I was a bit apprehensive as the pitches are very regimented, you have to park your car to the right of your pitch and as we were using our new tent which sort of opens at the end, there wasn't much of facing & chatting to our neighbours. However, I shouldn't have worried. The pitches are large & well marked out. This is a fantastic family run site.

Playground lovely. Entertainment very old fashioned: little miss contest, talent show, tarzan contest. I found this very refreshing and they did put professional acts on later. The 'find captain Blood' on a Friday night with water pistols is a must for any child. My son thoroughly enjoyed this and jumped into the pool fully clothed at the end with some others. It was 'lord of the flies' with laughter.

The train, donkey & pony rides are £1 each and extremely good value. My son aged 6 went on a led trek for 40 minutes. £14 and money well spent.

The shop is extremely well stocked and sells everything, not to dear either.

Showers & toilets absolutely spotless. Security on site was very efficient and they patrol all through the night.

I would recommend this site to anyone with children. The beach is a bit iffy as the the tides are strong, but you can drive to Weymouth if you want a day at the beach. We visited West Bay on the first night and it's a pretty little harbour just down the road from the site. Lovely fish & chips but a seagull pinched my fish, so watch out.

One of the best sites I have visited. I can't give it 10 out 10 as I wasn't sure about the regimentation of the pitches but the rest does really make up for this.

Previous     176 Reviews in total, now showing 81 to 90      Next

Is Freshwater Beach Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Freshwater Beach Holiday Park have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Freshwater Beach Holiday Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Freshwater Beach Holiday Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Bridport      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022