Reviews of Rynys Farm Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Conwy > Betws Y Coed > Rynys Farm Camping Site Reviews

Rynys Farm Camping Site
Llanrwst
Betws Y Coed
Conwy   (Browse area)
LL26 0RU

Open: 04/07/2020 to 15/10/2020
           01/03/2021 to 15/10/2021

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 No Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  171 in total, now showing 121 to 130                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

We are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Nanji 2 reviews from this member

We received a very friendly welcome from Carol when we arrived who showed us a number of pitches to choose from when we arrived and explained where we could find everything we needed onsite. The site had fantastic views and although we suffered through a storm, it was a great spot for hearing the thunder echo around the mountains.

The facilities were good and whilst there were only two showers per gender, I had no problem with queues during the weekdays I was there. We were able to park next to the tent which was very handy and were able to book an extra night at the last minute without any problem.

There was a small pub down the road which was nice for some dessert and a drink and Carol told us of a few places she thought we might enjoy. A good stock of tourist brochures onsite helped us with our plans whilst in the area.

I would definitely recommend this to others and would love to stay there again sometime in the future.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Valka 1 review from this member

Very nice site, very clean nice toilets and showers. But one point for us was a bit of lack of privacy, a small camper van came and pitched right facing our door to the tent, and another tent pitched with a family of 4 about 4foot at the side of us. So there was no privacy at all. At weekends tents are too close to each other, but through the week there is lots of space. It rained quite heavily a couple of days we were there but the ground remained fine. Car could be driven on and off the field fine we didnt get get stuck. Pegs went in fine, and stayed in. The owners were lovely, always cleaning and emptying bins and very helpful. We will visit this site again but not at weekends, it does get a bit overcrowded.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Jolley0812 1 review from this member

Read the other reviews - so decided to give this site a try over a weekend with the kids ( and to test out the new trailer tent!). We arrived late due to sat nav taking us on a mystery tour.

The owner of the site met us as we arrived and personally guided us to the best spot. There were a few other tents there, but by no means could you call it busy. She let us borrow an extension for the power supply so that we could pitch on the spot looking over the valley.

The showers / toilets are clean and the showers take 10p's that are readily available from the owner - so no problem there!

The owner even came and said hello in the morning to see if we were ok as the the wind overnight was stormy to say the least!

You must remember though, that this is a working farm, so be prepared to be woken by the sheep and the hens in the morning. The sheepdog decided to come into the tent for a warm out of the rain for an hour, which the kids loved!

A fantastic site - were 'pay before you decide to go' seems to be the item of the day. A very honest and trusting campsite!

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Gwynfryn 2 reviews from this member

I am a bit reluctant to leave this review as I don't want other people to visit it!. Cos it's a fantastic site run by Carol.

I visited it over half term with my son, to do some walking and mountain biking. Carol (the owner) greeted us and showed to where she thought we would have nice view etc, as our hook-up was not long enough she lent us an extension cable (f.O.C). She gave us details of where to go mountain biking, routes into Betws y Coed avoiding the main road. On Friday night we were going to have a fish supper and she recommended going into Llanwrst instead of Betws (Betws chippy is for tourists! Llanwrst is a 'proper' chippy).

I quite liked the idea of paying for showers, 10p gets you about 1 min, so 20p gets you washed fine. It means that there were never any queues unlike sites where the showers are free and people staying in them for hours on end.

When we said that we intended to do the Snowdon horseshoe she explained the best place to park i.E. Use the Nant Peris Park & Ride.

We had a great time and will be using the site as a base for our trips to N. Wales (we are trying to climb all the hills over 2000ft).

Oh and the final thing was unlike every site I've been to Carol was not to fussed in when we paid. We said we would stay for 3 nights and her reply was 'let's see how the weather is - if it gets bad you may leave early' ! unbelievable - never have I come across such a fab attitude, we did stay the 3 nights and paid £30.00 for 'van and hookup.

Totally recommend the site 5 stars from me - just don't go there when I want to visit.

Reviewer: Jonnyclaret1973 31 reviews from this member

We visited this campsite in May 2007 and found that the only fault with the place was having to get 10p pieces for the showers. Having just visited again this is still the only thing wrong with the place but the owners now leave a pile of 10p pieces outside their house on the windowsill for changing. Its an honesty thing!

We still love this place. Its my favourite campsite. The nearby Marin trail is fantastic for mountain biking and the site is a great base for a summit attempt of Snowdon. The site is still very well maintained. We visited the waterfalls across the road this time and they were great.

We will be visiting again next year and would still highly recommend this site.

Reviewer: Fernman 19 reviews from this member

Only my 2nd stay here, and now I can't understand why I haven't been back again and again.

It's a bit of a hair-raising single track approach road, though it's short and I never met anyone coming the other way! Carol, the lovely lady that runs the site with her hubs Gareth, is so laid back and friendly. She leaves 10p coins on the window ledge for people wanting change for showers, they'll charge mobile phones, nothing is too much trouble.

The top field was recommended to me, as the sheep would wake me at 5:00 am in the lower field! I could pitch where I wanted, though level spots were slightly limited, but that was no problem with only 4 other tents and 1 motorhome up there. The panoramic view is wonderful.

Who cares about paying 30p or 40p for a shower when the site is only £5 per person per night?

To me, this is what camping should be all about. I'm a bit worried about posting this review, lest the site become too popular!

Reviewer: ZigiT 4 reviews from this member

This is how a site should be run. Excellent facilities, friendly and helpful owners and great location for getting to the Snowdonia Mountains.

I can't praise this site enough. Although we have also experienced shower problems I would stay here even if it had no showers. Carol and Gareth expect people to be considerate of everyone else and that results in a lovely peaceful site.

Date of Visit: April 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Chellebradus 1 review from this member

What a fantastic find! We are first time campers and we could not have had a more friendly and helpful welcome. The site is in a lovely spot and is very well run.

We stayed on the top field but our electric hook up was too short - No problem, Gareth lent us an extension!

The utilities block is spotless and a pleasure to use. Quite rightly, Carole is proud of the site and makes sure that it is very clean.

There are microwaves, spin dryers, tumble dryers, barbecues, freezers, dishwashing facilities! Could be home from home :) There are friendly and helpful messages for when the owners are not available, very useful info about the nearest shops/towns/gas etc.

We made friends with the lovely site doggy, even if she did call in uninvited to help herself to our dogs lunch.

The sheep were certainly very vocal! It was lovely to wake up to the bleating lambs and the general bustle of a working farm.

Betws-y-Coed is a lovely little town and it's only a short trip into Conwy.

We certainly will be visiting again, and I shall recommend it to my friends.

Date of Visit: November 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Crazycamper 3 reviews from this member

My partner and I stayed at Rynys Farm for two nights. My first time there, but his third. And what a site it is! Loved it, the views are out of this world if your on the top field.
I noticed that the lower field was closed off with sheep grazing on it which had most of the electric hookup. The top field which we stayed on only had a few close together, which means if you havent got an extension to your hookup you had to pitch close together.

Carol was so helpful, gave us a book of walks to do in the area, as I had forgot ours. Never saw Gareth, heard him, but not seen. Not many campers at that time of year so the facilities were spotless. Everything you need was there, games room for children, a laundry room with dryer, washer, microwave toaster all on coin meter. Then a washing up room with freezers. And the showers, basic but very clean and the water was hot. Made a friend in Queen the farm dog, could of took her home! In all an excellent site and we'll be going back there for many years to come. Well done Carol.

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Raljex 1 review from this member

Spent August bank holiday on this site in a tent. The site is set in lovely scenery and has a very relaxed and quiet atmosphere both during the day and in the evening.
On arrival Carol (site owner) was happy to recommend pitches and advice re local walks in the area. Toilet block and showers were basic but spotlessly clean. The showers run on a timer which requires 10p pieces, although they can sort you out with change on site. 50p will get you an un-rushed shower although those who like to languish may need to shove a few more coins in the meter!
There is also a small pool room on the site, although during the stay it was tricky to get in for a game as it was taken over by small kids! (not a criticism!)
There is a washing up room, again spotlessly clean with a freezer for chilling ice blocks and various spare utensils in case you have forgotten anything.
A wonderful stay in a peaceful and chilled out site. Will certainly visit again.

Previous     171 Reviews in total, now showing 121 to 130      Next

Is Rynys Farm Camping Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Rynys Farm Camping Site?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Rynys Farm Camping Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Betws Y Coed      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Conwy