Reviews of Rynys Farm Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Conwy > Betws Y Coed > Rynys Farm Camping Site Reviews

Rynys Farm Camping Site
Llanrwst
Betws Y Coed
Conwy   (Browse area)
LL26 0RU

Open: 04/07/2020 to 15/10/2020
           01/03/2021 to 15/10/2021

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 No Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  171 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

We are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Windywendy 3 reviews from this member

Stayed here over Easter Weekend. What a lovely, serene, clean and relaxing place to stay! The views of the neighbouring hills, on a clear day are breathtaking. This is a working farm so the owners, Gareth and Carol are busy most of the time, but Carol is never too busy for a friendly chat!

First of all I would say that this is a medium sized campsite. They accept tent's, caravans and campervans. It is not commercialised with entertainment or a shop etc.

Tent pitches are all on different levels. Some sloping, some pretty flat. Rock pegs needed in some places. 10amp EHU available on bottom field. The cost of my stay was 51 for 3 night's with EHU for 2 people(very reasonable as it was Bank Holiday).

Doesn't matter what size your tent is as there is plenty of room for larger tents and there is no price difference!

I actually went into The Gelert shop at Beddgelert and bought another tent whilst there. When I returned to the site, I asked Carol if I could pitch it and take my smaller tent down afterwards. She was so excited at me buying another tent and told me to pitch my new one next to my smaller tent and use the small tent for storage! Where else would you get such hospitality? I ended up with 2 tent's on my pitch, which wasn't a problem as the pitches aren't numbered, you just choose your own area. I wasn't charged any more either!

The facilities block includes 2 showers & 2 toilets, I assume this is the same in the gents! There is a games room, with a pool table & some books. There is also a Washing and drying room with a kitchen washup area and food prep area with fridge and freezer in. All this is undercover in a converted outbuilding. The showers were steaming hot so beware with young children, I had to turn it down as it was far too hot, but it was welcoming after a cold/wet day on the hills.

The showers operate on 10p coins. 10p gets you 2mins, 50p gets you 10mins, which was far too long for me (short hair). You do have to get undressed first then pop outside (still undercover in the shower room) and insert your money, otherwise you may lose 2mins worth of electric whilst undressing.

There are no children's play areas, just rolling hills and trees to explore. The owners sheep are in fields all around the site & chickens roam freely. Plenty of birdsong heard early on in the morning and we heard the odd owl hooting at dusk!

There is a no noise policy after 11pm and before 8am so if you're planning an all night party, don't bother! All in all, this site is a well thought out, relaxing place to spend time exploring North Wales as it is pretty central to everywhere.

Betws-y-coed is the nearest town and is a few miles down the road. I can highly recommend The 'Conwy Falls Cafe' for all manner of eating & drinking. Open from 9am through till 4pm every day. (Just opposite the entrance road to the campsite).

They also have pizza and tapas night's frequently during the weekends. Their homemade cakes are wonderful & they do takeaway tea's, coffee's and sandwiches.

Their full welsh breakfasts are huge! They cater very well for vegetarian's too(my friend is a veggie)and she was impressed!

The walk down to Conwy Falls is 1 to get through the access gate and just enough to walk off that huge piece of ginger and cinnamon cake!

For other places to walk, Mount Snowdon is a mere 16 miles away and Plas-y-Brenin(outdoor pursuits centre)is a few miles down the road into Capel Curig, where there are many walks of different abilities to choose from.

I will definitely return to this campsite. Many thanks to Carol and Gareth for sharing their land with us campers!

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Chris/Lynn 13 reviews from this member

Another lovely stay at our favourite campsite in Wales. We stayed for six nights over the Easter week - the weather was very wet, especially on the Bank Holiday Monday. The field was waterlogged after 27hrs of rain, but it drains fantastically well, and by the time we left on Thursday, it had drained enough to allow us to pack away dry.

The facilities on the site are excellent, and the owners, Carol and Gareth are truly lovely people. I can't recommend the fresh eggs from the farm enough!

A short trip down the hill to Betws-y-Coed and you've a wide range of pubs/cafes/hotels to choose from as well as plenty of outdoor shops to top up the kit list.

We'll be back, again and again.

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Rowlandsgl 1 review from this member

Excellent site with very good loo block/washing up facilities. It was a pity the dryer was out of action as the weather was appalling - but I won't hold that against them!

Would definitely go here again as the field was so 'interesting' with such a variety of pitches and no boring straight lines.

Found some good walks straight from the site - for a good place to walk dogs off the lead go to the woodland nr old Penmachmo woollen mill.

I gather a good breakfast can be bought at the cafe at the bottom of the hill - didn't go ourselves, but we could see the appeal if you had several soggy days in a tent

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Dannydoo 1 review from this member

Despite an appalling weather forecast for the weekend, hurricane force winds, driving rain!, myself and a friend were duty bound to stay in Wales and settled for this site due to its proximity to Betws-Y-Coed.

We received a very friendly welcome and Carol even walked with us to the camping area to suggest pitches out of the worst of the wind. Although rather murky, we could just make out a good view which must be lovely when the sun is out!

The site is nicely laid out and very peaceful. Betws-Y-Coed is only a couple of minutes away by car if shopping/eating out etc. I was very impressed by the shower block - tidy and very clean and nice roomy showers too.

The kitchen area was pleasant with loads of tourist info too and a freezer for freezer blocks which was a great addition. My review is only based on one night stay but I would definitely come here again and recommend to others.

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Griffcoll 1 review from this member

As a virgin camper, I trusted previous comments on here, booked this site and was not disappointed. A warm welcome by Carol, who offered us a selection of pitches and told us about the layout of site.

All facilities were very clean and tidy, it was very evident that Carol and Gareth take pride in their site, on hand to offer advice, if needed.

So if looking for a site to stay, I would 110% recommend this site and will return. Quiet and peaceful location, walks from the door and 5 mins in the car to Betws.

No problem, with dogs being loose on site as dogs have to be on a lead at all time. No queues for the loo or shower which were very clean, cant believe how the floor is so clean, with all those wet boots walking over it, now the autumnal weather has arrived

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Katymac 8 reviews from this member

Lovely friendly site with great views. The owner is very helpful, and friendly to the children. Clean shower/toilet block and washing up area, but no handwash in the toilet block which is annoying. The washing up area has a good size kitchen work surface, which I found useful for making an early breakfast for the kids, without disturbing the other campers. There is a pool table for the kids, freezer, laundry facilities and a microwave.

There is a good cafe on the main road just off the site. The main village is not far, about 5 minutes in the car. Lots of walks and outdoor activities nearby, but not so much to do if it rains!

This is our third visit to the site and I'm sure we will go back again.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Dylan1975 12 reviews from this member

What a gem of a site, on arrival Carol gave my self and family a choice of pitches with electric hook up and the pitch I picked gave breathtaking views in the mornings and early evenings at one point we were what seemed to be in the clouds. All the pitches seemed to be on a slight slope which was not a problem for us as we just moved the bedrooms about. Carol and her husband were so friendly and helpful and worked very hard keeping the site spotlessly clean, showers and toilets mopped out and bins were always empty. A busy but not rowdy site, everyone seemed friendly and cues to the toilets and showers were very minimum and my max wait was only a few mins. Showers were 10p for about 2 mins and I found 50p was ample for a nice hot shower after a hard day exploring. If you don't have the change for the showers 10p pieces are available on the window ledge by the reception door.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Doris 15 reviews from this member

A really nice peaceful site, with lovely views across Snowdonia. Carol was very friendly and welcoming, and was seen several times during the day emptying bins and keeping the site clean & tidy.

No particular facilities for children on site except a pool table, but the y made their own fun with ball games etc. , plenty of space to be able to do this.

There's a spin drier, tumble drier and hair drier available it cost me 20p to dry my hair which isn't too bad, just make sure you have lot's of 10p's as everything electrical is metered. There is also a toaster & microwave available to use. There is a good size freezer for ice blocks and also some spares in there if you need some while your waiting for yours to re-freeze.

Only one drinking water tap, up by the loo block, there was a problem with the water when we were there, something to do with the local supply, luckily we had some bottled water to use. Only two showers in the ladies, the site was very busy over the 4 days we were there, I din't have to queue, but I could see there would be a problem.

I'd recommend a trip to the Welsh mountain zoo we had a great day out there in the pouring rain ;-)

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Amh61 5 reviews from this member

A very attractive site, with beautiful views across Snowdonia. Carol was very friendly and welcoming, pointed out suitable pitches and even arranged an appointment for me at the local GP when we couldn't get mobile phone reception.

The site is lovely, no marked pitches but plenty of level spaces in sloping fields, with picnic tables and EHU sites dotted around the place. No noise except birds and sheep. We were a bit worried about sheep noise early in the morning, but they all get rounded up and taken off somewhere else for the night so no problem! No music allowed and dogs must be kept on leads.

There's a spin drier, tumble drier and hair driers available for a small cost and a freezer for ice blocks. Lots of leaflets and local information, including tips on the best routes for climbing Snowdon.

Only one drinking water tap, up by the loo block, and only two showers in the ladies, which might be a problem when the site is full. I always think it's a bit of a cheek to charge for showers, especially as this isn't the cheapest site.

One shower had a stool, but neither had a shelf for clothes, only a couple of hooks. But my only real gripes are minor. I wish they'd provide a couple of handwash dispensers in the washblock, as it's a pain to have to remember to take soap every time you visit the loo, and providing cheap, thin loo paper is a false economy, as you just end up using twice as much.

One warning. If you're trying to get here using satnav, heed the advice on their website and use the Conwy Falls postcode, not the actual farm one. Otherwise you'll have an interesting detour and may get stuck!

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Mags51 5 reviews from this member

One of the most attractive sites we've ever used.Lovely surroundings and views and the pitches are not regimented but blend into the landscape.

Very quiet except for birdsong and bleating sheep.Basic but very clean washroom facilities.

Carol and Gareth were friendly and helpful and thoughtfully provide the loan of items such as a BBQ and washing up bowls, also good display of info about local shops and Snowdon routes.

Not surprisingly there were several returning campers who stay there regularly.

Nice walks from campsite to Capel Garmon burial chamber and down to Betws-y Coed.Conwy falls and cafe just down the lane.

Previous     171 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Rynys Farm Camping Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Rynys Farm Camping Site?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Rynys Farm Camping Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Betws Y Coed      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Conwy

2059 Visitors online !