Reviews of Hooks House Farm Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > North East England > North Yorkshire > Robin Hoods Bay > Hooks House Farm Campsite > Reviews

Hooks House Farm Campsite
Whitby Road
Robin Hoods Bay
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO22 4PE
Tel: 01947 880283

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  250 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: JustBev 2 reviews from this member

Literally just returned and registered on this site to say a big thank you to all that submitted reviews for this site. I have looked for so long at the reviews with a mind to stopping at Hooks House Farm and Iím so glad I finally got around to doing so. Everyone was right! It really is a lovely site. Good pitches, awe-inspiring views and excellent facilities. Showers and toilets scrupulously clean. Couldnít fault anything. The thoughtfulness to provide a kettle and microwave are a great help. I even managed not to roll off my air bed despite the slope. Reminder for next time (Take torch with me when walking to village on evening as walk back up hill in dark on my own was interesting) Really worth the wait! Canít wait to visit again.

PS. I've just remembered everyone's comments about how windy it can be. I guess I hit lucky, double pegged just in case, but calm evening with a starlit sky.

Reviewer: Genever 2 reviews from this member

We returned here for a week in August after a wonderful week in July.

The facilities spotless and spot on, free hot showers, hot washing up, freezers for ice packs, ample facilities for everyone.

There is a field for kite flying and footballing and other games, and on both occasions the campsite full sign went up well before the site felt full, which meant that there was never a crampt feeling and the facilities were never overloaded, with my maximum wait for a shower about 2 minutes in peak time.

The location is perfect, overlooking the bay, the views are out of this world and with no light pollution I dragged the kids out of bed at 2. 30am to see the most incredible night sky over the bay.

Just a 20 minute walk down to the beach in Robin Hoods Bay with a 4 year old. The bus also stops right outside going to both Scarborough and Whitby, great if you fancy leaving the car where it is.

Robin Hoods Bay itself is a wonderful place for Kids, with Rock Pooling and Sandcastles a plenty, the town itself is relaxed and friendly with plenty of amenities.

We took a drive to Falling Foss Tea Garden near Hawsker which was a lovely place for lunch and afternoon tea.

The owners couldn't be nicer or more helpful

I can't recommend this campsite enough, a wonderful place for a relaxing but fun packed family holiday

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Barrychris 3 reviews from this member

Absolutely fantastic in every way. The whole site is great and the views are brilliant and as for being looked after it was first class. A big thank you to the owner for all he did for us siting our van and levelling it nothing a problem to all involved in running this site. I booked for next year on departure, I know a good thing when I see it. So again a big thank you and will see you next year, Barry and Christine Mcroy

Reviewer: Nealnicki 3 reviews from this member

What a great site with amazing coastal views. We were blessed generally with good weather, although it is windy! (Still you can't be right on the coast and not expect that). We did help 'rescue' 3 or 4 tents that were in danger of being damaged by the wind.

The owners are brilliant, really taking care of people, nothing was too much trouble.

Facilities are really good, showers with plenty of piping hot water no matter how many we're using them. Two pot washing areas one indoors the other allowed you to wash up whilst admiring the view! Everything was kept spotlessly clean.

Overall can't recommend it enough.

Reviewer: LynetteH 2 reviews from this member

I have just returned from a five night stay on this site and loved it. The views from the site are amazing. The staff/owners are very friendly and helpful and the facilities cannot be faulted. Even though the site reached capacity while we were there it didn't feel crammed. It was nice to stay on a site where the comfort and enjoyment of existing campers was more important than squeezing more people in. There was even a field they left empty for kids/dogs to play in, so the areas around the tents were fairly peaceful. Showers and toilets were kept clean and well maintained, the kitchen area and individual washrooms were a nice touch.

Staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the local area. It is a great base for exploring with easy tracks for walking/cycling to neighbouring towns. It is located on a hill, affording the amazing views, so if you can't manage steep hills then that would be a problem - but other than that I would recommend this site to anyone.

Reviewer: Tilcon123 2 reviews from this member

I can't praise this site enough. From the moment my family (me, husband and two teenage girls) arrived, we knew that we were going to have a great stay. The owners were incredibly efficient and pleasant. Even though the site was quite full, we'd booked and were given a choice of pitches, both with an amazing view of Robin Hood's Bay. The pitches are all marked out - you park your car across the top of your pitch. Our tent is huge but there was still plenty of room.

My girls and I checked out the facilities which comprised of three showers each for both men and women, plenty of toilets (which never ran out of loo roll!), sinks in the toilet block with soap dispensers and paper towels, another block with washrooms (two of them big enough to accommodate a parent and a couple of children for teeth cleaning and a surface large enough for the baby bath) and a further block with a fridge, two freezers, a microwave, kettle and plugs to charge your mobile/iPad etc. This block also had three dish washing sinks so my girls charged their phones whilst washing up! You can also pop your phone into reception if it needs a bit of a longer charge. There are also outdoor washing up sinks with a beautiful view!

I get up early and was usually in the shower by 6. 30am but, even at peak times when the site was full, I never saw any more than a couple of people waiting for showers. The water was always hot (and free!) and there was plenty of space and hooks to put your clothes.

The village of Robin Hood's Bay is lovely. It took us about 15 minutes to walk down to the well stocked shop (which sold great sandwiches and pork pies along with pretty much everything else you need, including stuff for the beach) and another 10 down to the beach. On the subject of sandwiches, the fishmonger sells delicious crab rolls! There's plenty choice of pubs and places to have lunch or an evening meal and lots of cafes too. It's a steep walk back up but you're entertained by shops (in the village) and sheep (in the field)!

All in all, the site was peaceful with a big empty field for kids with their kites and cricket games. We got back home last night and are already missing our relaxed week's camping and, of course, the view. I would highly recommend a stay here - we wish it was closer than the 3 hours it took us because we'd be back again for a weekend before the end of the summer.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Wedgy3 2 reviews from this member

We have been to Hooks House farm quite a few times and fortunately every time we have been blessed with good weather and this visit was no exception. From arrival to departure Gill and her team attend to everything including siting and levelling van and assisting with hitch up on departure, with Paul even stopping traffic to allow a safe exit. This site has everything we could ask for and the most fantastic views of any site in the UK. The staff member in the reception caravan at the entry to the site and always has a friendly word to say, she really is a great ambassador for her site and is very proud of the whole set up. The management here could teach some of the 'big players' a thing or two when it comes to customer service (with a genuine smile). The facilities are very good and more than adequate especially now they have been modernised. One of the plus points for us is the mixture of Vans, Motor Homes tents etc. Which give the site it's unique charm. We will definitely return. Thanks to all Pete & Marion

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Tents are us 30 reviews from this member

We are still here on our 2 week stay at Hook House, as has been put this site is something very special!

We arrived at 8-15pm on Friday & the owner was still there in the reception caravan & offered to put his 4x4 on our van &b site it, but as I have a 4x4 I backed it on to the pitch & he & his mate did all the levelling with the blocks, etc he has waiting. The site is sloping but they know what they are doing & within 5 mins we were in the van & ready for 2 weeks of chilling!

The views are out of this world & the owners can't do enough for you & know the local area so well.

The washrooms & area with fridge & freezer & m/wave for people in tents are wonderful. Everything is kept so clean, I even saw one of the owners cleaning the toilets at 11-15pm one night!

The showers are ok but the only thing is there are only 3 for men & 3 for woman & when the site is full (witch it is a lot of the time because its so popular!) then you do have to wait sometimes.

I would recommend this site to anyone.

---------------------

I know I have done a review in the 1st week we were at Hook House, but today after 16 wonderful nights there we have had to come home. We didn't want to as we had such a wonderful time & we had the best 2 weeks weather for about 10 years! Not a single days rain & every day was 25+ degrees!

But Hook House would be great anytime as its the people that run it as well as the sights from your pitch every morning that make this place!

Whitby, Scarborough & Robin Hoods Bay are so lovely & the whole area is wonderful.

If I could give more than 10 out 10 for this site (especially customer service!) then I would.

I would have no problem recommending this site to anyone.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Uk-spacemonkey 4 reviews from this member

Not long been back from this fantastic site. Had the best few days camping with Mrs Spacemonkey since we have started camping.

Got to the site and were shown to our pitch and told where everything was. You have a pot wash room that has a microwave, kettle, fridge and freezer it also has lots of info about things to do in the area. The toilets were very very clean and tidy no mater when you went in them, the showers were also very clean with plenty of hot water.

The views from the site amazing, I just loved to sit outside and take it all in. You are on a bit of a slope but not that bad you are falling out of bed. You can walk to Robin hoods bay in a leisurely 20 min walk but it is all uphill back to the site although there is a bus stop outside the site if you don't fancy the walk.

If you are passing through Whitby on the way in you will pass a Sainsbury supermarket if you need supply's like beer and BBQ food.

If we didn't need to get back We would of stayed for extra nights, I can't wait to get back to the site for our next outing in North Yorkshire.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Mamaduck 5 reviews from this member

Just returned from a fantastic 8 day stay here. The owner and family are so friendly and helpful. They will pitch towed units for you as site sloping, but worth it for the view alone.

We last visited 4 years ago and like the improvements to the showers (folding doors). Facilities always kept clean despite site being full (shower at off peak times to ensure hot water when it's busy as at many other sites). We had very mixed weather going from sun cream to thermals but found lots to do in the area. Kids (7 & 5) enjoyed flying their kites in the 'play field' although there isn't room to play near own unit.

The walk down to Robin Hood's Bay is easy if you're fairly able-bodied. Whitby Abbey is worth a visit - English Heritage so well geared up for children. Try The Quayside in Whitby for fantastic fish & chips, and explore the narrow lanes across the swing bridge for lots of little interesting shops etc. Walk up to Pannett Park to explore the dinosaur walk and refurbished playground if you have little ones. We will be going back, and won't leave it four years this time.

Previous     250 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Is Hooks House Farm Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Hooks House Farm Campsite?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Hooks House Farm Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Robin Hoods Bay      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022