Reviews of Stubcroft Farm Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > South East England > West Sussex > East Wittering > Stubcroft Farm Campsite > Reviews

Stubcroft Farm Campsite
Stubcroft Lane
East Wittering
West Sussex   (Browse area)
PO20 8PJ
Tel: 01243 671469  or  07503 863990

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming <1 mile   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool <1 mile
 Horse Riding <1 mile   No Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access
 Electric Car Charging Point

Reviews:  206 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Date of Visit: August 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Char1otte 1 review from this member

Lovely clean site with friendly staff. As a solo traveller I felt safe and welcomed.

Great little pizza tent that offered Vegan & GF pizza! Yum!

Perfect for all types of travellers and super pet friendly.

Would definitely go back! Thanks for a lovely stay !

Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Chrisa 1 review from this member

Arrived here Thursday and left Sunday. You couldnít wish to stay on a site that is any cleaner and well organised.

At no time did we ever feel ďnot safeĒ and put that together with staff that never seem to stop working but always manage a smile and a cheery word you have a first class mixture for relaxed enjoyment.

The shop is well stocked and yes we did forget knives and forks and on about the hottest day this year you could buy bags of ice cubes. Just brilliant - what more can I say.

As we are a couple in our 60ís we cannot comment on children facilities but all around us seemed to be having a good time.

Reviewer: Spg741 1 review from this member

Canít fault it. One of the best sites Iíve ever visited.

Will definitely return.

Excellent COVID procedures. Brilliant shower booking system. Clean, friendly, efficient.

Nights stayed: 14 Travelling as:  Other
Reviewer: Kenwil 1 review from this member

A really fab site facilities great amazing showers staff are friendly and helpful I just loved the site.

In these difficult times they have put everything in place to keep us safe without spoiling the experience.

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Nikki17 2 reviews from this member

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Stubcroft. It's a very well organised and run site. The new amenities block is fabulous.

Showers are hot and designed so whilst showering your clothes etc do not get wet and are spacious.

Each field has sufficient windbreaks surrounding them so buffeting of tent limited.

Staff friendly and very helpful. Easy walks to nearby towns and beach.

Site well situated in easy reach of several interesting places to visit.

Will definitely be coming back.

Date of Visit: August 2019  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Flis 1 review from this member

My teenage daughter stayed here with friends a few weeks before and highly recommended it to us. So we decided to stay for a week over the bank holiday weekend.

I enquired late, but Michaela was very accommodating and managed to find us a pitch with hook up for 5 nights. I think it was the very last pitch with hook up, so as my daughter had spoken so highly of the site, we took it.

Michaela allowed me to pay over the phone to secure the booking and fill in the booking form at a later date. We arrived just before 12( heads up- entry lane is extremely bumpy!) the pitch was ready. We were in Elm Field, pitch 10. This field of 11 pitches is mostly small static vans with a few tent pitches.

Our pitch was directly opposite the toilet block so we rotated the tent to face more out into the field, which was a better view. My suggestion to soften this outlook would be to place, slim but deep planters against the wall and some trellis on the wall to allow climbers to cover some of the brickwork.

There would still be enough width for vans and cars to pass into the field. Having said that we were just grateful to have any pitch at all considering the lateness of our booking and my husband has a medical condition which means he sometime needs to get to the facilities quickly, so given a choice of the furthest or nearest pitch, we'd still choose nearest.

Michaela was armed with this information so I understand her thinking in placing us there rather than further away. So, we settled and actually the view became more tolerable as the week went on. We did a big shop at Tescos 10 min drive towards Chichester but there are Nisa and COOP closer.

The site was full so very busy at times. Generally the facilities coped well, and were extremely well maintained and clean. No issues there at all- in fact I remarked that if I put my camp bed in there, I d have everything I'd need to stay for two weeks - I could do my washing, be entertained by the piped music (playlist was varied and pleasant)and buy food and basic supplies from the shop and I'd have a cleaner, ha ha!

There was a queue for the showers on the Saturday evening and the water went a bit tepid but the staff were very good at ushering people into vacant showers and family wash rooms. That was the only time I waited for a shower, every other time was fine.

One thing I found myself looking for was a room just to quickly wash and change in in private. There were disabled wash rooms but another one would provide a place to have a quick wash in private whilst keeping the disabled rooms free. I used a shower cubicle in the end.

The staff attended to a couple of families who were with disabled children extremely well from what I could see. They had dedicated washrooms, plenty of ramps, the staff opened doors and interacted with the children well.

The kids in chairs were often seen out amongst the gangs of kids on cycles and scooters having a wonderful time. There are fire baskets/BBQ's available(we bought our own) and fire bricks supplied. It's not camping without a little camp fire. Oak field and the one on, were mostly booked by young families.

There was a lovely friendliness and the kids all cycled/ scooted/ hoverboarded round calling on each other to play. , East and West Wittering beaches are very close, although on the Sunday the queue into the Witterings was 8 miles long- I kid you not! nearly 4 hours waiting time.

You have been warned! Head into Bosham or Dell Quay instead - very pretty and fabulous pubs at both. Crown & Anchor at Dell Quay (great food, fabulous sunsets, crabbing) and The Anchor Blu at Bosham good food. You can crab here but nowhere sold bait, so you'd need to bring your own.

There's a footpath straight off the camp site which you can walk to Bracklesham in about 20 mins. We cycled it in 10. Stoney beach with patches of darker sand. Charming with Billys Cafe on the front selling teas, coffees, snacks and a sit down menu.

There's a great chippy 'Moby's" a few minutes walk up from the beach- fish and chips on the beach at sun set- marvellous! All the beaches have Dog friendly areas close to amenities- especially Bracklesham. There are well stocked leaflet displays and notice boards with other places to visit in the toilet block. The harbour tour from Itchnor was lovely.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thank you to all the staff and we look forward to visiting again.

Date of Visit: August 2019  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Jayne5 2 reviews from this member

Third year running we have visited this site and again it was superb, even though it was busy the pitches are generous so you have plenty of room.

With lots of children on site it was very quiet in the evenings, facilities are excellent also, would recommend to anyone.

My only tiny suggestion would be to perhaps have some basins in cubicles as this would take the pressure off the showers at busy times.

The site is very clean and shower block lovely, the shop has a good range of items and their bacon and sausages are very tasty, the staff are all friendly too.

It is within walking distance of a lovely beach and many other places are easy to get to in a vehicle.

Will have to make sure we book early enough next year to not be disappointed.

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Lisaroberts 1 review from this member

My favourite place. Amazing facilities, always clean, friendly helpful staff. Great location a short walk to east witterings with great grocers and butchers and a quick drive to the west.

The shop has most things that you would need and the grass is perfect!

Love it here so much my friends and family surprised me with a trip for my 40th - no better place to be. Happy days.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Lucytap 1 review from this member

Really lovely friendly campsite. The staff were very helpful and cheerful.

The new shower and toilet block is great and very clean. There are firepits and bbqs available to rent.

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: TobyandJo 4 reviews from this member

We spent five nights at Stubcroft Farm over the Easter break 2019. Despite being full for three of the nights, the staff did a fantastic job of ensuring everything ran smoothly.

Top marks for the facilities that never failed to offer hot water. The pitches were all a good size too.

Looking forward to returning soon.

Previous     206 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Is Stubcroft Farm Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Stubcroft Farm Campsite?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Stubcroft Farm Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near East Wittering      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in West Sussex

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022