Reviews of Springhill Farm Holiday Accommodation

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Seahouses > Springhill Farm Holiday Accommodation Reviews

Springhill Farm Holiday Accommodation
Springhill Farm
Seahouses
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE68 7UR

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  202 in total, now showing 81 to 90                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence

For peace of mind of our customers and staff, we have decided to restrict our communal areas. Our toilets are Closed. Our showers are Closed. Please contact us for full details of what facilities are available.

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Sceptical Camper 39 reviews from this member

I camped at Springhill Farm during a brief visit to Northumberland. I wasn't on site much so this review is brief but I was favourably impressed by the site.

Springhill Farm struck me as a very well-run and well-maintained site. The owner and her staff were very friendly and helpful so ten out of ten for them.

The site is fairly big and during my stay there were more touring caravans than tents. There's level surfaced road access for towed caravans and plenty of hardstandings.

The facilities - loos, showers etc - were very clean and there was plenty of hot water. Free use of a fridge and a freezer was a nice touch.

The grass was in good order on all the fields (some are level, others very gently sloping). Pitches are marked out and numbered and are generous in size. There is EHU on most fields. The pitching area I used was tidy, spacious and uncrowded and I was able to park my car right beside my tent.

The site has an uncluttered and spacious feel and quite a lot of trees have been planted so there is shelter from the wind. However, the fields furthest from the main facilities block are quite exposed to the weather.

Springhill Farm is remote from roads so there is no traffic noise. The curfew is 11pm and the campsite was very quiet at night during my visit (the site seems to cater for families rather than youthful parties).

I recommend Springhill and would certainly stay there again if visiting that part of Northumberland.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Two WheelCamper 9 reviews from this member

Springhill was a cracking little find, the pitches are a good size and well spaced, on hard standing. The site has a small shop with infrequent opening times, as well as the essentials you can hire a fire pit and buy wood.

The toilets and wash basins were very clean and tidy, although there could have been some more showers, after 3 visits found them all full, I gave up so I couldn't say what they were like to use.

The location is excellent, within half a mile there are some outstanding beaches and the views from the site are outstanding. All the staff were friendly and the site was maintained to a very high standard.

The tent pitches were on a different field but that looked level and well spaced. There were also several wooden pods which would be great for a group or large family, as the pods all sit together in the front of the site by the shop.

Overall, a nice site in a good position and great part of the country, with lots to see and do nearby.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Arrowcamper 8 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a week during our summer holidays and absolutely fell in love with the area, so much that we will be back again next year, just not to this site.

Springhill is a beautiful site in a stunning area and we had a great holiday. It is almost perfect in fact but for one major drawback - there are nowhere near enough facilities for the number of pitches.

For a site of this size there are simply not enough toilets and barely enough showers. Mens = 2 toilets, 2 urinals and four showers. Womens = 4 toilets and 4 showers. There was no occasion in the week where I was able to go to the toilet without queuing first (personally I am not a fan of that 'warm-seat' feeling but it's even worse when you've just met the person who left it behind!) and I only managed to avoid queuing for a shower by going at odd times of the day. It is such a shame because in every other sense the site is completely perfect - great size pitches, lovely atmosphere, perfect location.

If you don't use a site's facilities then this is the best site in the area by far (trust me, we visited them all!) but if you do, then this one is best avoided unfortunately.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Paulie01 5 reviews from this member

How can I start this, it is the second time that my nephew and I have visited this site, and the last time we visited was the end of last year during the half term holiday (winter!) We did say we would come back in the summer, so we booked in from Tuesday to Thursday (this week) and were even happier on our return visit. The toilet and showers were first class and washing up of the dishes was very easy as well, with ample room to do this task, even my nephew enjoyed this task. We were made very welcome indeed. The weather was kind to us as well, so this time we needed the sun block, the park was as great addition to Dylan, and he had to be called back to help out with the cooking, his excuse, he just lost track of the time (Hmmmmm)

Mind you it was very busy but that did not stop the young girl that on reception from helping me out when it was found that I had forgotten a small loaf. Again we will return next year so we will look forward to seeing you all then Goodbye and thank you from two very happy campers

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Emmyrobinson 2 reviews from this member

We have camped at this site twice now and couldn't fault it. The toilets and showers are clean and there is even a bath. There is an area for pot washing which is always clean and tidy too. The site benefits from an amazing location on the Northumberland coast. You can see the sea from the site and at night the nearby Bamburgh Castle can be seen lit up in the distance. We have visited during term time and during the summer holidays and found it to be a peaceful site on both occasions. You can also hire a fire pit so take your marshmallows for toasting. The main road in seahouses is only a 15/20 minute walk away where you can get some lovely fish and chips too. We will definitely be back. And just one tip for people not requiring electric, ring up to check availability as the website was showing the site to be full, but I rang up anyway and they had a few non electric pitches available.

Reviewer: Alitone 25 reviews from this member

We normally stay at Seafield Caravan Park but its far too expensive at this time of year in a motorhome and as we had a tent this time we wanted to try Springfield Farm just outside Seahouses. No need to repeat other reviews info as the facilities are excellent and the management first class. What we like about this site is that its lovely and quiet at night and best of all you can walk to the beach along a quiet country lane which is almost traffic free and we timed it. Exactly 10 minutes from the Camp site to the sand dunes and one of the best beeches in the UK. Directions leave the camp site turn LEFT and follow the lane to the coast road. Go right across the road and follow the track to the sea. If you want to go for a few drinks or the shops then follow the same route and turn right at the main road and its another five minutes to Seahouses. We stayed in a Tent on the camping field which has views of Bambrough Castle and it was prefect apart from being located next to a guy who had the loudest snore I've every had the displeasure of listening to. Every night. Not the sites fault but if you are in a tent find a place on your own as its quite a big field. Make sure you visit the Farn Islands Trips and then head for the Olde Ship Hotel at the harbour which is a tremendous pub. Don't miss it.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Julie bri 5 reviews from this member

This was our first adventure in the touring world. The hard standing pitches are of good size. We had pitch c1 and it had hedges one side and shrubs and small trees other side making it very private. It was a bit noisy at night off the campers but that's what campings about all outdoors. Found site very well kept and clean. Showers and toilets nice and clean with plenty hot water. Small shop selling bits and bobs. Seahouses and rest of coast line 5 min drive, wouldn't fancy walking it on those country lanes. Had a good w/end and will go back soon

Reviewer: Jen+Fred 8 reviews from this member

Clean well maintained campsite with good facilities and pleasant views out to sea towards the Farne Islands and towards Bamburgh Castle.

Convenient location, only 10 -15 minutes walk from the nearest Bus Stop, giving easy access to the Northumberland coastal bus services (Arriva X18 or Travelsure 418). There are also connections to visit Holy Island (Lindisfarne) using Perryman’s bus service 477 from Berwick.

The site is about 20-30 minute walk from the centre of Seahouses, via a footpath along the disused railway line. Here you can find shops, including a village supermarket staying open into the evenings, takeaways and restaurants, as well as at least three pubs selling Real Ale. Boat trips are available from the harbour to the Farne Islands, which are well worth a visit if you are interested in observing seabirds, in particular puffins. We went in July and saw several hundreds of birds.

The campsite prices are bit expensive, especially if, like us, you only have a small 2 man tent, do not have a car, and do not require an electric pickup, since the prices are per plot. However it is a good location and well run, so very popular and the site is often fully booked.

Reviewer: Purplepeople 7 reviews from this member

Beautiful campsite although the large open plan camping/caravan area(with EHU)felt more like you were at a festival than on holiday. The pitches are large and level.

The site and facilities were are superbly maintained and clean. All the camping/caravan amenities are in one block there are 4 toilets and 4 showers for women, these are in 2 separate rooms in the same block. The showers are superb(temperature/duration controlled by you)There are 4 showers for men but only 2 toilets which is frankly nowhere near enough for a site of its size. The washing up facilities are 3 sinks which are in the toilet block corridor, there are no shelves or anything and if you try to wash up in the end sink you have to move every time someone enters/exits the gents!

You have can have free use of a small freezer, fridge and microwave.

Fire pits can be hired for £3 per night and the reception sell kindling and wood to burn.

The nearest pub is a 30/40 minute walk away as the one that would be nearer has now closed down!

Nice pubs and restaurants in Seahouses and a village sized Co Op.

Overall a very good site and ideally placed for visiting beautiful beaches, castles, islands, etc.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Cazz51 11 reviews from this member

I was given a warm welcome from the reception when I arrived and shown around. I already knew my pitch number and had a plan of the area from an email. Arriving late there is a list of people's names and site numbers left on the door. From the site you can see the sea and Bamburgh Castle. It was a level site with ehu which I don't usually use. I did enquire about another field but was told it was used by the animals after a certain time of year. I did see two tents in a non ehu field with wonderful views and I would have been happy to camp there. Nevertheless, I was very happy where I was. The field behind me was full of bleating sheep and at the side behind the shop and facility block was the farm full of lowing cattle so it was they rather than the usual dawn chorus which serenaded us in the morning.

On the corner of the main entrance was a poo bin and a verge of grass to take your dog for a last walk.

The facilities for me were two sets of ladies with two loos and two showers in each. As I was always awake very early that was no problem but for a site that size I don't think that is an adequate number. The shower was very hot and I didn't find a way to cool it down. Everything was clean and the corridor had two washing up sinks and one washing sink and a couple of washing machines, ironing board and a family room, men's room at the end and a bag full of poo bags for your dog conveniently placed by the door if you had forgotten one. Outside was a CDU and a drying room which was very useful. Also one of two areas of recycling bins and water taps, the other being nearer my field.

The shop was convenient for fresh milk and bread but expensive. I did have cause to speak to the warden and my problem was swiftly and tactfully dealt with.

There was a circle of wigwams (wooden pods) in front of the shop then more tents and caravans behind trees and the site was very relaxed in small areas and not a huge park. There was a children's park alongside and a back road to walk out of the site which eventually led to a woodland walk to the village, about a mile and got you right out to the centre, good for dogs and children away from the road.

Bamburgh is 3 miles away and you can walk right along the beach from Seahouses to the lovely village, not just for the castle but some great food shops, fresh fruit and veg shop, beautiful church and Grace Darling museum/RNLI shop.

Seahouses has a couple of fish and chip shops which close early on Sundays and a very convenient petrol station and not inflated prices.

I saw a few other campsites right beside roads. This is beautifully situated and from it I drove to Wooler, Rothbury, Amble and Holy Island without driving too many miles and the beautiful beaches of Embleton Bay and Alnmouth are close by. Alnmouth and Warkworth are lovely towns and Barter Books in Alnwick which allows dogs and has great coffee and sometimes live music is always worth a visit.

I would definitely stay here again.

Previous     202 Reviews in total, now showing 81 to 90      Next

Is Springhill Farm Holiday Accommodation child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Springhill Farm Holiday Accommodation?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Springhill Farm Holiday Accommodation dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Seahouses      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Northumberland

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more