Visitor Reviews - Woodhouse Farm Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Ripon > Woodhouse Farm Caravan Park Reviews

Woodhouse Farm Caravan Park
Winksley
Ripon
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
HG4 3PG

Open: Mid March To Oct

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  261 in total, now showing 141 to 150                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Underds 3 reviews from this member

A nice site, but difficult to get to along very narrow twisty roads when towing a caravan. I think the site is more suitable for tents than touring caravans. The area around Ripon has a wealth of places to visit and we spent most of our time off site. One reason for this was that the main reason we picked this site was for the fishing lakes so that my husband could relax and fish for much of the time and he was not able to do this. After paying for a weeks fishing, it became very obvious that there were very few fish in the lakes and after enquiries among regulars at the site we discovered that the lakes had been netted off season and stocks decimated. To give the owners their due, they did refund the fee after we complained, but we felt that the site was being advertised incorrectly, especially as Practical Caravan had it as one of the best 5 sites for fishing in the country in an article this summer.

Facilities on site were OK, the new toilet block was kept reasonably clean, but I have been in better. The problem was that when the site was busy, the second, older block was not opened up and there were really too many on site for just the one block.

Reviewer: Steve@tracey 3 reviews from this member

Just got back from a week at this site, on arrival we were shown to our pitch and left to get on with it, the site is very large and very spacious. With two children's play areas and plenty of room for our 8 person tent and car.

The toilets are clean with hot water all the time,showers are ok and also kept clean even though it was a very busy time and the staff were rushed off their feet at times.

We chosie this site as I am a keen fishing fan and the lakes sounded brill, chose to go fishing on the third day we were there and was disappointed to here the amount of complaints around the lake,after asking around I found out that no one had been catching any fish for weeks and that the owner has not been down to the lakes for years, as I walked around the lake this became more apparent as the pegs were overgrown on the large lake and on the small lake you can only fish on one peg as the others are none accessible. If you are going to this site don't bother with the rods its a waste of time and money.

Reviewer: Animal1968 2 reviews from this member

I read ALL the previous reviews and decided to spend a few days here, 'bad idea'! I'll begin with the negative side;

The shop stocks very little and you have a 10 Mile round trip to get provisions!

The child play area's were never checked for safety? Although I could be wrong I never witnessed this?

During the day the site was very noisy with campers playing music very loudly, I felt sorry for couples with small children who sleep during the day!

The bins were overflown with rubbish, I had trouble getting ours in?

The chemical toilet was out the ark, totally disgusting and in need of a revamp. The toilets blocks were a long walk away from our pitch!

The only plus side was the toilet block (minus no shaving points)very large and clean for the amount of traffic! lovely surrounding area which is a shame as I thought his site would be great

Reviewer: Bilz01 2 reviews from this member

Spent a weekend at this site. Excellent place, could not fault it. Good facilities for kids, good walks near and on site, really good toilet block and a great wee pub.
Staff really helpful, they waited till 10pm for us to arrive. The road for the last couple of miles is very narrow with few passing places so care needs to be taken as the 'locals' drive as if you shouldn't be there.
All in all a great site.We will definitely be back.

Reviewer: Thejohnsonfour 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from a fantastic week at Woodhouse Farm (the hot weather did help as well). This is a lovely site, we were pitched on the rally field which was perfect for us as close to shop, toilets, cycle track and field with sheep and cows in.
The staff here are very pleasant and will do everything they can to help you. If you are looking for a clean and well cared for site with lots to do on site and near by you will be hard pushed to beat this one. We will certainly be returning.

Reviewer: Liggy 3 reviews from this member

We had to wait for our pitch as the previous tent hadn't left yet - despite it being an hour after the time when we could have checked in. This only meant a half-hour delay whilst we waited for them to pack up.

The site was lovely and clean everywhere. The pitches were a great size and easily accommodated our two bed tent. We were in the field next to the wooden play area, and it was ideal for the kids. We were a little worried about how much noise there would be as our tent backed on to the play area. However, as soon as 10pm came, the site was really quiet and we didn't get any disturbances through noise.

The on-site bar - The Barn - is great for food. We ate there one evening and the bar meals were excellent, all freshly cooked and very good service - the Beef and Ale Pie was delicious!

Toilet and shower block is good - showers were free, and the hairdryer was 20p (it took 40p before my hair was dry - not very powerful). There were plenty of showers and I didn't have to queue on any morning.

The shop is adequately stocked, but is only open from 9am to 5pm. If I've one minor point it's the opening hours. They could do with opening for a couple of hours on an evening. If you've been out all day, you often don't realise you've no milk until after 5pm!

The site is very isolated. The roads leading up to the site are all small country lanes, and there isn't really any local amenities until you reach Ripon five miles away. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but just a point to note.

Warning: Take citronella candles and bite lotion - the midges were ever-present!

Overall we had a fantastic break at this site, and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewer: Pa.o@57 1 review from this member

Having spent 4 night's 27th-30th july, many were rainy, I found the site very well laid out, plenty to do for our friends ten year old.
The staff both on-site and in the pub were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely visit again as Woodhouse farm is ideally situated for days out.
The facilities on-site were always very clean despite the weather. I wish the shop stayed open later as 5.30 seemed to early when we needed forgotten foodstuff. My only gripe is the field we were in did get slightly waterlogged. Sewn in ground-sheet advisable.

Reviewer: Tat506 4 reviews from this member

Visited this site for the first time pitches large enough to take a large tent and car, toilets and showers always clean and well maintained with loads of hot water 24 hrs a day. Staff always very helpful.

This site is only four miles from Ripon would certainly recommend it and will be returning hopefully this year, also very quite at night.

This site has two fishing ponds with very good fishing, dog walk area which is very good you can also walk your dogs round the big fishing pond and round the cycle path. There is three kids play areas to keep your children happy, a washing area for your pots with constant hot water. There is an on site pub and eating area which we never used.

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Binno 1 review from this member

We went to wood house farm in June it was beautiful on arrival very clean staff were very welcoming and showed us to our pitch straight away

2 play areas for kids which were clean and safe

And well fenced in so little kids couldn't escape

Toilets/showers were spotless even in the pouring rain they was kept clean

On site pub was fantastic food is served here which was good value for money and food was lovely and again staff were delightful

Didn't get to see the lake area as we had planned things to do so was busy

Definitely will be coming here again it was our first ever caravan adventure and we would rate this caravan site 5* just hope we can find caravan sites that live up to this one now

Reviewer: Denny69 2 reviews from this member

Visited here from 13th - 16th July and the site met all expectations. It was my 2 year old sons first proper camping trip and he loved it as did my wife. Staff were friendly and the play areas, although for older children, did my little lad no harm! The toilet/shower block was impeccable and my only criticism, if it can be called that, is the showers were not exactly hot but luke warm but I didn't let it bother me in the slightest.

The on site Bar/Restaurant is well worth a visit and is very reasonably priced on our first night we chose to eat here and were not disappointed, there is a little wait as everything is made fresh to order. I can highly recommend the Sirloin steak washed down with a pint of Black sheep 'Riggwelter'.

If fishing is your bag then there's a large fishing lake on site.Just watch for the ducks as they seemed to follow me and my family as we walked round the site.It was as though they were planning an ambush.!

Unfortunately we had to cut our stay short as high winds damaged a pole on our tent but I would recommend this site and I will definitely be back in the future.

Electric hookups are available and the site has plenty.

Previous     261 Reviews in total, now showing 141 to 150      Next

Other Sites Near Ripon      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more