Visitor Reviews - Woodhouse Farm Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Ripon > Woodhouse Farm Caravan Park Reviews

Woodhouse Farm Caravan Park
Winksley
Ripon
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
HG4 3PG

Open: Mid March To Oct

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  261 in total, now showing 181 to 190                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27

Reviewer: Debs70 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 2nd time on the bank hol weekend. We were told we'd be on the overflow field when I rang. I was a bit disappointed as last time we were near the park which is great for kids (11 & 6). I neednt have worried, I think the overflow is better than the normal field! It was still near the facilities & the kids loved it in the games room ( although last time we visited we were told it would be refurbished, this wasnt the case.)
The staff are friendly & very accomodating. My husband had smuggled a bottle of champagne there in the car as it was my birthday on the Monday & they kindly chilled it for us over the weekend! Great bar ( karaoke nite on the Sunday) although I agree it could be bigger. Also they organised races for the kids (how many sites bother to do that?!)
Showers warm & free but I hope they put a curtain up in end one (only 1 without & I got it twice! Your stuff gets wet). Will definitely return & hope it is busy so we can go in overflow again!

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Stuart1100 1 review from this member

Due to work limitations last year ie couldnt get the same time off as the wife we had to find a local campsite.

We decided on this campsite and found it to be the best camping experience that we have encountered in our 15 years of this type of holiday.

Yes I admit that the bar and restaraunt facilities are limited by there size however book in advance and you will not be dissapointed cos the food and beverages on offer are top class.

We decided to rebook for our annual holiday 2 weeks ago and yippee they can fit us in wait for it to my amazement the girl taking our order recognised my wifes voice and said would you like the same pitch as last year quoting the exact pitch we stayed on.

Now thats what I call pesonal service cant wait to get there.

Reviewer: TheWoodys 4 reviews from this member

Having just returned from a few days at this site I have to agree with what has been said by others. Friendly owners who showed us to our pitch on this mostly level site. Great pub even though it is small, with the most delicious food and all at great prices. Toilets and showers spotlessly clean at all times, although the site was quiet when we visited. This is quite a big site and I am not sure I would want to visit when it was full but there again I'm more of a 'quiet site' person myself. However I imagine it would be great for families.

Will certainly go again and would recommend to others.

Reviewer: Jlowe 1 review from this member

Very welcoming and polite staff.

Clean and well kept toilets.

Very reasonably priced considering we are a family of six with what is classed as a 'large' tent at most other sites. Generous size pitches (we had electric hook up).

Despite the awful weather when we arrived, it didnt spoil our time.

About 10 minute drive to Ripon and Lightwater Valley Theme Park.

Will definitely go there again.

Went to go to the bar for a meal on the saturday night, quite a small pub on site. We were all hungry but the few tables they have were booked so we had to drive elsewhere. It would have been nice to have been informed on arrival that if we were wanting to eat at the pub to book on in advance to avoid disappointing.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Fishin + Campin 3 reviews from this member

Top notch site !

Fairly level pitches with all amenities close to hand. Beautifully kept grass, toilets and showers. Lovely shop that sells everything including cigs and beers at not bad prices.

Meals in the bar/restaurant are very nice and competitively priced albeit the bar area is very small for the size of the site. Super friendly barman who will do anything to keep people happy, a real genuine nice fella. If you want a meal in here at night BOOK IN ADVANCE as all the tables will be reserved !

Fishing at the top lodge is great but if you want the biggiz fish the lodge at the top of the dog exercise area, as I have it from the owner the big fish were moved from the little lodge to the big one, there arent many fish in there but what there is are really nice big carp, I have personally seen them spawning in excess of 20 odd pounds.

I will definitely be back here, but next time I will go for a good week rather than a weekend as its a pain to get to for me personally.

But all in all a real cracking site and couldn't recommend it highly enough, wish it was nearer !?!

Reviewer: Mudpaddle 4 reviews from this member

Just back from our second visit to this top-notch site. The site is clearly sign-posted, which is essential in this rural area. The site owners are welcoming, and drove us to our pitch, selecting the least waterlogged one for us (it was raining lots!). We were on the camp field this time, close to the toilet block. Loos were very clean, and plentiful. Washing up facilities were clean with good free hotwater.

The site was quiet, and coped reasonably well with the rain -- some inevitable muddiness, but it all drained away quite quickly. Shop has basic supplies, 10p to freeze ice packs.

Lovely site, we'll be back!

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Dianeray 1 review from this member

Excellent first class site! very friendly and helpful staff. Toilet block immaculate. Play areas fantastic (3 around the site). Had a meal at the barn which was very reasonable priced and very tasty. Basic but sensibly priced shop on site. Husband enjoyed the fishing lake.
Overall ten out of ten for this site and the staff! only downside is the getting there along very narrow country roads hoping nobody else going to be coming the other way.

Reviewer: Maggo06 1 review from this member

Excellent site. I went alone with my two children (9 and 11) for the spring bank week and felt very safe. Had my husband been with me we would have certainly made use of the fishing facilities.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The site is very well spaced out - we were in the childrens field, the pitches were enormous and only a short walk to the shop/receptions/loos etc.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was fantastic - book though to avoid disappointment.

The toilets and showers were very clean and there was a family bathroom which was spotless and a great idea.

Would definitely go again.

Reviewer: Lisadurkin 5 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 5 night half term week break. Its was our first visit and we will definitely return. THe site is a haven for families. We have a 14 month baby and 5 year old-it found the site to be safe and clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We had a mix of rain and sunny weather - its a gorgeous place when the sun shines! Site has 3 small park / play areas and shower block is well maintained and kept very clean. Also has a family bathroom you can hire for 2.00 - it was spotlessly clean - and a necessity with a 14 month baby!
Got chance to get the kids clean. Nice hot showers (free). Food at the site restaurant is amazing - fab home cooked food - but book in early! Can;t wait to go back. Plenty of room left around the tent pitch - not cramped in. Site is quite remote from anywhere - about 5 miles from Ripon centre - but there is a Sainsbury;s in Ripon to stock up on. Lots to do around the area and only 50 mins from York!

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Len barson 29 reviews from this member

Lovely weekend. Staff delightful especially with respect to walking arrangements, general info etc. Pub wonderful though didn't eat, others guests spoke favourably. Some grand folk about!

New block excellent though older block not adequate for hot showers or washing up,(water temp), but I didn't mention this to them at the time.

Will recommend and return.

Previous     261 Reviews in total, now showing 181 to 190      Next

Other Sites Near Ripon      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more